Good question about landing. Ive found myself in quite a few situations where, on deep strike missions, I loitered around the target area for too long and not had enough fuel to make it home. In this case I think you should try and get to the nearest airbase or at least ditch in friendly territory.

I think this group is going to have to rely on peoples honesty about the pilots statuses, kills etc because there is going to be no way of people proving each others escapedes. Obviously I guess we could all post screenies but thers nothing stopping people from posting two screenies of the same kill and claiming it was 2 etc. Maybe all members of this group will have to 'sign' a truth statement before joininggrin.gif

I for one can say I will be 100% completely honest during my posts to the group. Otherwise your only cheating yourself

Mike

Exactly. But we can post a screenshot of the pilot record once in a while. It just requirres a little free program to be installed. then every kill will be listed there. But again you can be shot down without dying so that will requirre honnestly from the player.

But I'm not affraid of cheating since I think people who joins this outfit is joining because they like the challenge.

In my mind any friendly base will do if you are low on fuel. Since air refueling isnt availlible.

It's also possible to take screenshots of the debriefing screen with that program

Okay guys

I'm going to put up the poll tomorrow. Real life is intruding this evening

Wow, guess i should have paid attention to this great thread and concept!

I've always done it DiD and so you can count me in the overall board concept as well. I also fly with pretty much everything hard except for a thing or two because i don't have the greatest comp/monitor setup around. As i was reading the thread i kept thinking what plane and nation i should go with and what era it should be?

I guess provided a pilot survives the early ones he can go to the next?

Looks i'm going shopping on Black Friday to get TrackIR for this.

I just got shot down for the first time and my pilot made it. He got wounded and hospitilized. How do i handle that? I put wounded on his name but when can i use him again?

I just got shot down for the first time and my pilot made it. He got wounded and hospitilized. How do i handle that? I put wounded on his name but when can i use him again?

If a pilot is wounded and hospitalised the game usually lets you carry on but simulates the time it takes for recovery. If you look at the date you were shot down and the date of the next mission there should be a significant difference.

So far ive managed without track IR but its on my xmas list, so I hope Santa will be kind enough to drop one off here this christmas grin.gif

Mike

Okay guys having a little trouble with the poll. Can only poll about 5 questions. unless multiple answers is allowed.

So I made a descission. If everybody can agree on the following rules. Then these are the rules for playing Dead is Dead for the CombatAce comunity. Remember these rule are only minimum settings all above is up to the indiviual player.

Rule No.1 when a pilot dies he is gone for good. You will have to create a new one starting from square one again

Rule No.2 You have to start at the runway manual and fly the whole mission without using Alt+N and land again manual. Landing at the nearest friendly airbase is allowed when low on fuel or damaged. No refly of a failed

mission is allowed.

Rule No.3 Time compression is allowed (Alt+T)

Rule No.4 Settings in gameplay options on Hard except the following settings which can be set at normal: Enemy skill, Flight model, Visual targeting, HUD display and Landing.

Rule No.5 A pilot ending a campaign as POW can be used again in a later war.

Rule No.6 The player decides which campaign he/her wants to play. All games and mods are free game. Campaign settings on normal

Rule No.7 At the end of each month every member of the Dead is Dead group has to describe the best pilot in the inventory. preferally with a screen shots of the pilot record. this is optional.

If I have missed anything please correct me.

Edited by hgbn

Okay guys having a little trouble with the poll. Can only poll about 5 questions. unless multiple answers is allowed.

So I made a descission. If everybody can agree on the following rules. Then these are the rules for playing Dead is Dead for the CombatAce comunity. Remember these rule are only minimum settings all above is up to the indiviual player.

Rule No.1 when a pilot dies he is gone for good. You will have to create a new one starting from square one again

Rule No.2 You have to start at the runway manual and fly the whole mission without using Alt+N and land again manual. Landing at the nearest friendly airbase is allowed when low on fuel or damaged. No refly of a failed

mission is allowed.

Rule No.3 Time compression is allowed (Alt+T)

Rule No.4 Settings in gameplay options on Hard except the following settings which can be set at normal: Enemy skill, Flight model, Visual targeting, HUD display and Landing.

Rule No.5 A pilot ending a campaign as POW can be used again in a later war.

Rule No.6 The player decides which campaign he/her wants to play. All games and mods are free game. Campaign settings on normal

Rule No.7 At the end of each month every member of the Dead is Dead group has to describe the best pilot in the inventory. preferally with a screen shots of the pilot record. this is optional.

If I have missed anything please correct me.

I'm in. Can you plz post the name of the program you spoke of that lets you take screenshots of the pilotstats screen. Print Screen doesnt seem to work.

These rules seem fair enough to me. I guess its going to be a WIP as we will most probably come across issues as we are playing that will need to be decided upon.

Guess the next big question is when do we start

Mike

Irfan view

Shall we say january 1.st 2010?? Now christmas is coming up

Sounds good to me.

This is a great reason to get the comp rigged up for maximum results. To back the query above... What program can we find for taking debrief screen?

Ok for me good.gif

Let's practice!

What is Alt+N?

Is the point to describe the best pilot of the month or to report the evolution of the pilot/campaign from day to day? (or both?)

Cliff

Edited by Cliff11

If you press Alt+N you'll jump to near target or the base when returning.

I had some reports in OFF style in mind. But since not all are having english as their main language ( myself included) But bu I'll guess the report form will develop with time going by.

Rome wasnt build in a day ( they are still building) :grin:

Irfan View. I'll see if I can find the link for it.

http://www.irfanview.com/

i downloaded the program but i still cant take a pic of the main screen ingame. All i get is a black picture :dntknw: what am i doing wrong?

Just asked Dave what to do. He said. Just hit print screen, then open irfan view, and hit the paste button.

gallery_29981_326_139948.jpg just a test shot

I like this DiD idea, I use to play Silent Hunter III like that. This could be a good reason to get back flying. A couple of questions, just to see if I got it right:

Any version of the game's allowed (SFP1, WOE, WOV, SF2...)?

Only stock campaigns or mod like ODS and NATO fighters too?

A pilot can fly as many campaigns as long as he stays alive?

thanks

My DiD Ace pilot. I got shot down once but thank god i made it. A couple of months in the hospital and im out there killing Migs again, angryer than ever before. :drinks:

mgdidace.jpg

I like this DiD idea, I use to play Silent Hunter III like that. This could be a good reason to get back flying. A couple of questions, just to see if I got it right:

Any version of the game's allowed (SFP1, WOE, WOV, SF2...)?

Only stock campaigns or mod like ODS and NATO fighters too?

A pilot can fly as many campaigns as long as he stays alive?

thanks

Any Thirdwire game and any campaign stock or mod is allowed and yes you can use the pilot as long he stays alive.

I was thinking of using a Javelin in WOE but i just might just go for a tour flying Thuds in WOV circa 1966 instead.

I,m thinking of doing either a NF4+ 62 F-100D campaign, a NF4+ 62 CL-13B Campaign or one of the campaigns in the new enhanced Vietnam Mod by eburger and malibu. Or maybe OTC and ODS. So many great campaigns to choose from :cool: