I think that perhaps a week or two from the official start we should officially state the aircraft,campaign and mods that we have chosen to use.

I'm all set to do a WOV Thud tour and am now going through and making a list of all the mods i'm going to apply to a fresh install.

I think that perhaps a week or two from the official start we should officially state the aircraft,campaign and mods that we have chosen to use.

I agree. Stating the chosen campaign and aircraft including the mods is a must. This will give people an idea as to the difficulty, because as mentioned earlier some campaigns are harder than others.

Im leaning towards an F-4C tour in SF2:V with eburgers all inclusive mod. But im also thinking of an RAF .FGR2 campaign in NF4+ too. Or maybe even an FA-18A campaign somewhere. Decisions, decisions dntknw.gifgrin.gif

Mike

Okay I posted the rules and the starting date in the first post. Might be easier for new people then.

My plan is to keep this thread for all DiD stuff. No need to create another thread.

post-18150-12593857602311.jpg

I took a Thud up for the first time in ages and it was just a matter of getting back to the roots. The reason i'm in the WO* community is due to this aircraft and it is the plane that i spent the most flight hours in WOV.

Man, i can't wait until we are ready to go!

Edited by Lt. James Cater

I'm thinking of a WOV US navy campaign.

I don't know if it's going to be a Rolling Thunder or a Linebacker.

I have the A-7 in mind, but there's still F-8, A-4 and of course F-4... dntknw.gif

_

gallery_29981_381_88469.jpg

Started praticing a NF4+ 62 RDAF Hunter Campaign. First mission CAP over Hof. 2 ship flight. Bagged 3 Mig-17 and a Beagle. Wingman never fired a shot. All settings on hard except FM and campaign setting on normal. Not bad for a first mission.

Man I hate these long range CAP. when you do arrive in the target area you have 5 min of loiter and fighting time before you're Bingo fuel. And even more frustrating is it. When you call Red Crown to vector you to the nearest target and the answer is the area is clear show no bandits in your area. and when you turn your nose home, the bandits is being called out.

Man I hate these long range CAP. when you do arrive in the target area you have 5 min of loiter and fighting time before you're Bingo fuel. And even more frustrating is it. When you call Red Crown to vector you to the nearest target and the answer is the area is clear show no bandits in your area. and when you turn your nose home, the bandits is being called out.

semi-realistic.

in real life of course, the E-2 is putting KA-6D's together with the fighters with a couple extra thousand lbs of fuel. So a little shortfall here.

I hate Bill Gates :angry2: In the middle of a very good mission suddenly my Rig rebooted without warning... Windows update!!

I just lost my best pilot ever. After all those kills i started to get reckless. I got way to cocky. I was chasing a mig-23. I was out of missiles so i was going for a gun kill. Im on his six ready to pull the trigger when i suddenly see something to the right. What do you know his wingman is comming right at me with guns blazing. He hit me right in the cockpit. Instant death. R.I.P Mike Gibbson.

didmgdead.jpg

RIP Mike Gibbson, We won't forget you.

Will we have a leaderboard? Because the pilots you're currently training will be far more experienced than the new guys in a month. Does it counts?

I was thinking too that being an "ace" after 5 victories is relevant in RL wars, but in this game, you're an ace after 2 successfull missions.

Could we raise the level to something like 15 or 25? Just asking... It doesn't bother me you to become aces, it just seems weird to me.

Don't kill them all before we start ;)

BTW the A-6 ejector seat works perfectly... (CarQuals) heat.gif

Edited by Cliff11

You still needs 5 air 2 air kills to become a ace... only way. never seen someone in this game being a ace without those kills :blink:

I'm only praticing now... Starting with a fresh pilot january 1.st

Of course an ace has 5 kills, but we can create a "DiD ace" who should have more than 5 to become one...

Well I was thinking it could be fun for all to introduce one's pilot and start report about his training, regardless of the scores, but just "how is it going" for him.

So we can get to know each others' guys before things start to go bad :)

I hate Bill Gates :angry2: In the middle of a very good mission suddenly my Rig rebooted without warning... Windows update!!

I think that happened to me once.

Now i run my gear sans internet connection, antivirus,and messenger so i don't have anything running in the background that isn't needed.

Still on XP also.

RIP Mike Gibbson, We won't forget you.

Will we have a leaderboard? Because the pilots you're currently training will be far more experienced than the new guys in a month. Does it counts?

I was thinking too that being an "ace" after 5 victories is relevant in RL wars, but in this game, you're an ace after 2 successfull missions.

Could we raise the level to something like 15 or 25? Just asking... It doesn't bother me you to become aces, it just seems weird to me.

Don't kill them all before we start ;)

BTW the A-6 ejector seat works perfectly... (CarQuals) heat.gif

Thank you, he was a great man. :this:

Will we have a leaderboard?

One thing i was wondering about is keeping track for non A2A action. Besides the F-105 not being tasked to engage MIGs, in WOV the Migs vanish after about 15-20 missions. Then it becomes a matter of coping and surviving against unyielding ground defenses.

We can have 2 leaderboards. One for A2A and for mudmoving. would only be fair

Am I right in thinking that a person can only have one campaign running at any given time? I think this would make sense as you might get people trying to top both the leaderboards if not.

Mike

Thats up to us to decide. Personaly I dont think I will be at the top on the leaderboard no matter what :no:

I forgot one rule. NO nukes

You know, you can take "getting serious" thing outside the cockpit. :idea:

If you regard the player always being the flight leader as command's whim you can add more role-playing details.

Like forbidding the player to alter loadouts of other pilots... Maybe allow it only if they have lower rank. No more tons of Shrikes on flight two. :wink:

Or forbid fiddling with squadron list, adding more planes to the flight, deliberately picking an ace wingman etc until the player's pilot reaches a certain rank.

In can be even extended to

NO nukes

e.g allow their use only for the highest rank.

I bet you can balance it better to make a young pilot all sweat, and turn multiple war veterans into Airmen of the Apocalypse. :focus:

Those are some really cool ideas Gr.Viper. Iv never really thought about doing things this way. I'll definately be adding this to my DiD campaign grin.gif

Mike

what do you mean by a "leaderboard"

all of us with our scores?

no nukes? ah heck........

:grin:

" No more tons of Shrikes on flight two."

having flight two cover you on ingress for air defense suppression is realistic. I intend to keep a couple of those in the flight.

I'm planning on a carrier campaign in the modded SF2V. not sure which yet. starting to do some dry runs this week.

Edited by Typhoid

I dont know about you guys and gals. But maybe we should create a seperate "Double D's Leaderboard Thread" Pilot record screen shots only. Then people who wants to be included in the leaderboard could post those screenies there and let the pics talks for them selves. Then when the year is over we can award the top pilot or pilots... Just a suggestion