Sounds like a good idea.

A screenie of the debrief screen should be an absolute requirement. I will also add certain details concerning the mission.

Sounds like a good idea.

A screenie of the debrief screen should be an absolute requirement. I will also add certain details concerning the mission.

Or at least a screenie of the debrief screen when you are shot down. We can make a minor compettion. who will first survive the 25 mission mark and for the Gung Ho players the 50, 75 and 100 mission mark.

Or at least a screenie of the debrief screen when you are shot down. We can make a minor compettion. who will first survive the 25 mission mark and for the Gung Ho players the 50, 75 and 100 mission mark.

recon missions over the test terrain................

I did a test mission with all the settings and headed downtown in N Vietnam. One pass............

:blink:

but I am still not quite grasping at your leaderboard concept. This is a scoreboard?

i did a test mission with all the settings and headed downtown in N Vietnam. One pass............

:blink:

I've been second guessing myself as to going back North but since i declared it, i might as well go through with it. Sorta reminds me of facing a firing squad on a daily basis.

Edited by Lt. James Cater

but I am still not quite grasping at your leaderboard concept. This is a scoreboard?

Actually I dont have a clue how we can do it. But I think you can call it a scoreboard. My thoughts were if we put the Double D's Members name in the first post at leaderboard thread. then we can post each members pilots score there. Updating the first post in the thread each month. How about that??

I can't wait to get this started!

Just one or two minor mods and i'm ready as far as the setup goes. It feels really nice to be back in a Thud again.

Actually I dont have a clue how we can do it. But I think you can call it a scoreboard. My thoughts were if we put the Double D's Members name in the first post at leaderboard thread. then we can post each members pilots score there. Updating the first post in the thread each month. How about that??

you mean like, the number of missions flown vs the number of times killed?

might need some kind of ratio score that includes the number of campaigns started/number of missions flown before being killed/ and how many new pilots we've "recruited".

also - highest rank achieved before being killed. (aviation cadet ........)

straight numbers would be good too, but some of us (me) don't play this as much as others. so the ratios would build some kind of composite score.

no clue how to create that

right now I am 1 started, 1 mission, 1 killed..........

:(

Edited by Typhoid

Yes this is the USS Constellation!

About the swimming, I am very concerned for my career in the navy... dntknw.gif

_

Edited by Cliff11

Well, I guess there's still hope for me.

Nevertheless, others AF are Ok but navy seems un bit more attractive to me.

Still training to be ready January 1st...

_

post-46431-12600294068293.jpg

Edited by Cliff11

you mean like, the number of missions flown vs the number of times killed?

might need some kind of ratio score that includes the number of campaigns started/number of missions flown before being killed/ and how many new pilots we've "recruited".

also - highest rank achieved before being killed. (aviation cadet ........)

straight numbers would be good too, but some of us (me) don't play this as much as others. so the ratios would build some kind of composite score.

no clue how to create that

right now I am 1 started, 1 mission, 1 killed..........

:(

I was more thinking about the best pilot in the players inventory. One for each player. To make it somewhat easier for who which ever it will be to update the first post in the leaderbord thread each month :grin: Anyone who wants to vollunteer to do this job?? :grin: 22 people cast their vote in the poll for the name of our group. If half of those are going to be be active players. Then it will be minimum 11 pilots that needs to updated each month in the first post. Thats why I suggested that it would be a screen shots thread only for pilot records. Then we only have to scroll through the pics at the end of the year to chose the best pilot in each category. It will ease the workload for everybody. Less work = More missions= More fun for everybody.

I think I got my campaign chosen. I'm going to do a Rolling Thunder campaign in a F-105D-25RE in my modified Eburger and Malibu endhanched SP2V install. I have not yet chosen the actual unit yet. But it's going to be a Thud. It has been a long time since I was a dedicated mudmover. Need to hone my bombing skills once again. All settings on hard except campaign which is set to normal.

Just a quick question. Do you think it would be a good idea for evryone to say what campaign/aircraft they are flying for the DiD campaign before 1st january? Maybe set an earlier date that people have to choose their campaign by. That way the thread will not be bogged down with posts about what people are flying on the day we begin?

Mike

Just a quick question. Do you think it would be a good idea for evryone to say what campaign/aircraft they are flying for the DiD campaign before 1st january? Maybe set an earlier date that people have to choose their campaign by. That way the thread will not be bogged down with posts about what people are flying on the day we begin?

Mike

I mentioned that a while ago.

A week or two before would be nice for the time to declare what aircraft/campaign/mods/etc that is being used.

I'm maybe one mod away from being set myself. Can't wait to get started.

I mentioned that a while ago.

Sorry mate didnt look back through the thread tbh

A week or two before would be nice for the time to declare what aircraft/campaign/mods/etc that is being used.

Yeah it would make sense to have an idea of what everyone is flying before getting started.

I'm maybe one mod away from being set myself. Can't wait to get started.

Im all set on the mod front, definately going to be eburger and malibu's SF2:V mod rolling thunder campaign, but im not sure what aircraft to fly, Thud or F-4B/F-4C........ (Not sure whether to go Navy yet eithergrin.gif )

Its going to be great and I cant wait to hear the mission reports and see the screenies etc.

Mike

Hi DoubleD's!

For me it's gonna be a Rolling Thunder campaign, Eburger & Malibu WOV expansion pack mod.

I will fly a VF-114 Aardvarks F-4B, US navy.

I hope it will work and I won't die too often (2 virtual guys in the plane...)

Cliff

I love this idea. Count me in.

And hello everybody. This is my first post. I've been lurking here a while and finally decided to step out of the shadows when I saw this.

I just managed to get my hands on WoI, and I really like the idea of running all 3 campaigns (plus Pancho's 3 additional - War of the Waters, Attrition War, and Golan Stalemate) back to back. Let's see if I can survive 19 years in the air, eh? I know. I'm a glutton for punishment.

I'm running Hard everything except visual targeting and HUD display, Normal campaign difficulty, Normal AI skill, Normal supply.

Ack. I bet I've bitten off more than I can chew. I do that sometimes. And then I choke, and people look at me funny. Ack.

welcome aboard, vicar!!

Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

As far as i knew, it was January 1st for the start of all this.

If there is a change, let me know because the suspense is killing me.

It's still January 1st. Until then training :grin:

It's still January 1st. Until then training :grin:

That's what i thought.

So far i've spent time at the Range and over West Germany getting a feel for the Thud once again. I've lined up a number of mods so it's really going to be beyond previous experiences in WOV.

Lt!

How do you do your bombing runs in the Thud?? Altitude on egress, AOA when aiming release height of bombs?? I have a tendency to drop my bombs a little short of the target.

ingress sorry

Doing things as historically accurate as possible has been rather successful.

Ingress is usually 18-20,000ft. Approaching the target i'll go nose down a bit to increase speed and get to drop in altitude. The AOA of choice is 45 degrees with the release depending on the target type and location. The rule of thumb is to keep above 4,000ft if you want to live a long life. Going lower does increase the chances of a hit, but also adds to the odds of you getting downed by AAA, which is rather formidable in certain areas

Egress also depends on the target. If it's Hanoi, usually egress is at full burner in the weeds until it's safe. Meaning SAMs are paying attention to someone else or you've reached a point where you can zoom up for a climb over the Red river and back over the hills with the slightest chance of SAM engaging you.

Thorough knowledge of SAM locations and envelopes is vital whenever venturing north of Vihn.

Cool. Have to try it out. Normally I ingress in the weeds in full burner the last 10 miles or so then 5 miles in I pull up to a altitude 5-6000 ft roll inverted using the padlock key. when the target appears directly below me I usually run a dive bomb run release my bombs at 1000 ft or so lit the burner and getting my ass out out of Dogde in the weeds. giving the AA gunners as little time as possible to pick me up before I'm gone

For targets in Hanoi proper, i always swing north of Yen Bai and head towards Thud Ridge. The dive from altitude to just above the trees on the north side will get you moving so fast that no MIG will ever be able to engage you succesfully and you will be able to reach your pop up point with relative impunity.

After bomb drop is when it really becomes in interesting. Deep into enemy turf and everyone and everything doing their damndest to kill you as you try to get away.