Well, I have changed keys assignation...

After I checked in the options what key to press, I flew just over the target pressing the target key, next target, closest target, with different weapons selected (gbu 12, Harpoon, Am-39, kh-66). I made several passes.

I had the target in sight, I could hit it with gun, and checked it asking Red Crown.

gallery_29981_326_418279.jpg

gallery_29981_326_221417.jpg

I cant tell how it works in the 06 patch ( been to long time since I played it) but this is screenshots from the stock A-10 in NF4+ one is visual on hard with HUD on normal the other is both on hard. this time I loaded up with Maverics. But isnt so that needs to be with in certain parameters before you can launch a GBU Paveway or tv guided bombs???

No need to apologize Cliff. sometimes we cant see the forrest because of all those trees :good:

How about a name for this group?? I was thinking on " The Swivel Heads"

How about a name for this group?? I was thinking on " The Swivel Heads"

haha good one!

TWLSBEL's

(Those who live short but exciting lives)

:grin:

thats going to sum it up nicely :grin:

Do we want a leaderboard for the best DiD pilot of the month. To increase the compettion a bit when we launch?? :drinks:

Another catching name could be " The Double D's" no further explantion follows :lol:

I play DiD ever since. But I don't set everything to hard.

Enemy pilot set to Normal

Visual cues (boxes) are still tuned on.

Another catching name could be " The Double D's" no further explantion follows :lol:

hahaha you should cut down on the ÖL!!!! (beer)

hahaha you should cut down on the ÖL!!!! (beer)

:lol: It does taste great and then it dosnt crumble in bed :drinks:

Edited by hgbn

:lol: It does taste great and then it dosnt crumble in bed :drinks:

just like the double D.s :cool:

:rofl:

How should we react if our DiD pilot is ending as a POW??? Can we reuse the same pilot in another later campaign not in the same war?? Or should we concider him as KIA??

It would be safe to assume that there is a exchange of POWs in the end of a war. Just asking to avoid some heated discussion later..

My pratice Campaign ended by getting shot down over enemy territory and becomming a POW. We were a flight of four CL-13B on CAP in the Bad Hertsfeld area. We jumped a flight of 8 Mig-17F's and downed every one of them. I got 2 and became a Ace. But as it showed up those were not the primary targets. So we went after a bunch of Beagles nearby. My wingie and me went after the same prey. And since the tailgunner didnt fire a single shot at my wingie and he used the rest of his ammo on him. I thougt it was safe to assume that the tailgunner was out of ammo. I went in close to finnish him of. Was about 200-300 yards from him and blasted him away. When I pulled up to avoiding a mid air I saw green tracers comming from the tail gunner. he ripped my port wing off by the root and I had to eject. Survived but got captured..

I think if our guy is POW then we should be able to use him but in a later campaign. What you said about exchanging POWs makes sense. As for a leaderboard it would be a bit difficult simply because of the range of mods and settings people are going to play on. For example if one player is playing on the minimum required settings on lets say burning sands in sf2 and another is playing NF4+ in the 86 campaign with all settings on hard then there is going to be a major difference in difficulty (I dont know about you guys but NF4+ is one of the hardest mods to play) between these players.

This is why I suggested that everyone fly the same campaign, only problem is some people like to fly early jets, others modern, some red, some blue etc. I think we should try and find a campaign that everyone agrees on. Maybe start a poll? Then we could change the campaign we fly every month or so to vary things up?

Mike

Edited by MaverickMike

I think if our guy is POW then we should be able to use him but in a later campaign. What you said about exchanging POWs makes sense. As for a leaderboard it would be a bit difficult simply because of the range of mods and settings people are going to play on. For example if one player is playing on the minimum required settings on lets say burning sands in sf2 and another is playing NF4+ in the 86 campaign with all settings on hard then there is going to be a major difference in difficulty (I dont know about you guys but NF4+ is one of the hardest mods to play) between these players.

This is why I suggested that everyone fly the same campaign, only problem is some people like to fly early jets, others modern, some red, some blue etc. I think we should try and find a campaign that everyone agrees on. Maybe start a poll? Then we could change the campaign we fly every month or so to vary things up?

Mike

One of the problems playing the same campaign is also that it requirres every player to have the same game. It's a bit easier for the OFF guys since they are all flying in the same theater and same era.

Okay guys and gals,

Last day to come up with suggestions for the rules poll. Tomorrow after work I whip up a poll.

Ok, about avoiding discussion later, I set landing hard and I'm still able to land and take off anywhere on the map... With a jet fighter, that is cheating.

But, if we forbid to land and take off from anywhere but runways, what about those who fly Harriers?

They should be able to land and take off using a road during a mission if they have to...

About the leaderboard, I think it's a cool idea, but I think it won't be fair because we won't fly the same number of missions in the same time and we won't choose the same type of mission. If I choose to fly a F-102, we won't compare my results with a A-10 driver.

I still think it's cool and still want it because I don't intend to be on top of it :)

All players flying the same campaign could be fun, but if you change the campaign every month, I won't play long, running out of campaign to play.

Cliff

Ok, about avoiding discussion later, I set landing hard and I'm still able to land and take off anywhere on the map... With a jet fighter, that is cheating.

But, if we forbid to land and take off from anywhere but runways, what about those who fly Harriers?

They should be able to land and take off using a road during a mission if they have to...

About the leaderboard, I think it's a cool idea, but I think it won't be fair because we won't fly the same number of missions in the same time and we won't choose the same type of mission. If I choose to fly a F-102, we won't compare my results with a A-10 driver.

I still think it's cool and still want it because I don't intend to be on top of it :)

All players flying the same campaign could be fun, but if you change the campaign every month, I won't play long, running out of campaign to play.

Cliff

Do you want the non runway take offs and landings in the poll?? I think we should keep this open since a lot of prop airplanes can use any fields for take off and landing. you could be playing a WWII campaign. Or flying a SU-7bkl which could operate from unprepared runways... And I think it would be a nice option to have in case you'll need to ditch in case of an emergency since belly landings is out of the question.

I agree with emergency landing, but what if a land near Hanoi? Must I consider myself as a POW?

If the rules is : end the mission on a (friendly) runway, what to do in case of emergency landing?

Are we gonna be allowed to use time compression?

It's forbidden for the OFF guys but they fly 30/45 minutes for one mission.

With ThirdWire campaign, it can be much longer, and it will be difficult to fly several missions in order to complete a campaign within a month.

We must deal with the campaign setting (length, difficulty, supplies) as well, I guess the length will be normal...

I can accept Alt+T or it will takes forever if you are going on a strike mission in other end of the map :grin: I'll put it in the poll.

Good point on the campaign settings.

Personally I wouldnt ditch in enemy territory. Better eject and get as long distance to the wreck as possible. First place they will search :grin: