Okay should we let this thread run for a week before we whip up a poll??? So people have a chance comming with suggestions???

Thats sounds like a good idea. May i suggest you change the first post aswell and explain the situation to people and ask em to write in this thread if they wanna join us :)

Hi guys,

I like the OFF DID group idea.

If you create a DID group for Thirdwire, I'd like to join you if I'm able to.

As you said, it's great to hear about other peoples experiences.

The fact is there's many different sims with gen 1 and 2. Does it matters?

Cliff

Hi guys,

I like the OFF DID group idea.

If you create a DID group for Thirdwire, I'd like to join you if I'm able to.

As you said, it's great to hear about other peoples experiences.

The fact is there's many different sims with gen 1 and 2. Does it matters?

Cliff

i dont think it should matter. as far as i know the campaigns in sf1 and sf2 are the same.

Okay changed first post..

Things to consider:

1) In hard mode, your flight is dumb and enemy is all aces.

2) In hard FM mode, the AI use normal FM.

IMHO "normal" skill and fm is the best balance.

Falcon

Things to consider:

1) In hard mode, your flight is dumb and enemy is all aces.

2) In hard FM mode, the AI use normal FM.

IMHO "normal" skill and fm is the best balance.

Falcon

I agree that A.I skill should be on Normal.

I did not know that the A.I used Normal FM. Why is that? Is it possible to change that so that they use Hard?

I think the AI FM is hardcoded by TK

I think the AI FM is hardcoded by TK

What's the difference between them? I only fly Hard.

sounds like quite a challenge.

I think normal for visual targeting might be appropriate simply because in the strike role you can't find the target without it most times. Or is this just air to air?

I had visual targeting on normal as a minimum in mind to. If people is having a small monitor or running in lower resolutions it's not easy to spot anything. IIRC I think Dave has a mod where the target box is the size of a red dot. maybe we can use that?? My mind is set on both air to air and mud moving.

Maybe it would be best to let people pick their own rules, but when they are contributing to the DiD forum they have to declare the rules they are using. Reason being is as im currently using all HARD settings it would be a bit of a step down for me to play with some things on normal.

Maybe if we all pick a sim and campaign that we all agree on but everyone has to pick a different country or squadron to fly for?

Mike

I'll play hard to. But dont want to rule people out. The rules IMHO should only act as a minimum to play DID. No fun if people joining would be playing in easy mode. Then the others will have a major disavantage.

Oh yeah. Sorry I didnt see that you had put minimum. I guess having people playing on easy wouldnt be very fair.

Shame we couldnt do this online really I.E. online campaings with many people flying during the same mission. That would be brilliant....

Mike

"Maybe if we all pick a sim and campaign that we all agree on but everyone has to pick a different country or squadron to fly for?"

I think it could be immersive that each player chooses his air force, and then defines his squadron assignation by rollin' the dice.

Cliff

I started a training campaign in NF4+ with a new "DID" pilot in one of the CL-13B 62 campaigns today for myself. flew 2 full missions with anything on hard except FM. Which were normal. Enemy skill level on normal. Just to check myself out a bit before we decide whats the rules should be. Boy this is hard but when you get your kills you be more happy and greater sastisfaction. The first mission I got a Mig-19. But unfornately it wasnt one of the primary targets. In the second mission I was more lucky waxed 2 Mig-17 both primarys. And my flight of 4 total waxed 6 more primarys all gunkills. Normaly I use normal visual targeting. So this is a notch up for me. I had a hit percentage on 6% in the first mission and 11% in the second. Not bad IMHO. Never used the F4 key so much before :laugh: I think I'm going to be addicted :pilotfly:

NF4+ is probably one of the hardest mods to start a DiD campaign in. Iv yet to finish one in any of the time frames. Im currently having a DiD practice run on ODS with the VF-41 Black Aces, flying the F-14A. Currently have 4 missions and 6 A2A kills. Damn I love them phoenixesgrin.gif

Mike

Hi :)

Like everybody, I'm practising a little, training in A2G missions.

With visual targeting on hard it's impossible to fire weapons like ASM or smart bombs. The weapon doesn't lock on the target at all...

Is that normal?

If it's normal, can we change and use the same rule as the OFF DiD?

If there's an aircraft, the targeting must be disabled untill the combat is over with no possibility of re-engaging.

It should let the possibility to detect ground targets.

...or, ASM and smart bombs won't be used and all A2G must be done with dumb bombs, rockets and guns, with realistic visual targeting, you must find the target yourself.

It's doable, even by night.

Cliff

A2G weaponry should work just as well in hard mode as normal as long as your in the launch or pickle parameters of the weapon. What were you using in particular? I think the difference in normal targeting and hard targeting is that you actually have to have a visual of the enemy to be able to target them. (Apart from BVR missile engagements of course)

Mike

That's why we are launching a poll for the minimum rules on Monday 23th. I'll vote for visual targeting in normal mode as a minimum. Even if I'll play on hard settings myself.

My suggestions for the minimal rules that should apply for ThirdWire DID is as follows

all settings in gameplay options on hard. Except FM and Visual targeting on normal.

Enemy skill level: Normal

No fixed Campaigns. everybody can choose which campaign in any ThirdWire game including all Mods availlible he/ her wants to play... The important issue is the pilot settings IMHO.

Remember this is just my personal suggestions for minimum rules to be followed. The poll decides the rules. I think we should let the poll run for a week before we settle on the rules.

Edited by hgbn

That's why we are launching a poll for the minimum rules on Monday 23th. I'll vote for visual targeting in normal mode as a minimum. Even if I'll play on hard settings myself.

My suggestions for the minimal rules that should apply for ThirdWire DID is as follows

all settings in gameplay options on hard. Except FM and Visual targeting on normal.

Enemy skill level: Normal

No fixed Campaigns. everybody can choose which campaign in any ThirdWire game including all Mods availlible he/ her wants to play... The important issue is the pilot settings IMHO.

Remember this is just my personal suggestions for minimum rules to be followed. The poll decides the rules. I think we should let the poll run for a week before we settle on the rules.

add landing on normal as thit is also FM dependent.

I run a gen1 WOE/V install.

It requires Visual targeting and HUD set on normal to have the red square, ASM locked on target and "joy" for n°2.

With Visual targeting and HUD on hard, no ASM, no GBU, no joy for n°2, but n°3 and 4 fired GBU and scored...

' Don't know what to think about that...?

Poll for the minimum rules will give the answer :)

Just tried with Hard visual and normal HUD. this combi gives you the red square

Then, I have a problem... still no joy!

It doesn't really matters seeing the red square or not, it's just about locking the weapons (cgr, eogb, eogr) and more important, tasking n°2.

I rather like to disable the game hud and fly with the cockpit gauges and the cockpit hud.

My install is 06 patched, is that the problem?

(08 patch doesn't work on my pc)

have tried pressing E key when you are near the target??

Yes, that was the problem, thank you hgbn good.gif

I have changed the keys.

Ok with hard visual and normal hud.

Edited by Cliff11