Sign in to follow this  
sandbagger

How things have changed

One question aroused me... Are these new skin for P4 or for P3?

Edited by Von Paulus

Certainly the DVII is in development for P4 (that shot was a taster).

The others (Albs etc) are being enhanced, so those may be P3 already, or in development for P4 ( :dntknw: I'm a 'crumpet skinner).

The Noop 28 is from the 95th and, I believe, part of the Hat in the Ring release.

Edited by sandbagger

I've noticed too, that in stormy weather or dark early mornings or evenings the graphics look much better then on sunny days... wonder if that's something that can be improved upon?

OFF doesn't look that dark at all on my screen, OvS that pic looks about 2 stops too dark (in photography terms) on my screen. Did you calibrate your video display OvS?

OFF doesn't look that dark at all on my screen, OvS that pic looks about 2 stops too dark (in photography terms) on my screen. Did you calibrate your video display OvS?

I guess they are just more dramatic looking in the darker, over cast or morning, evening shots, but there does seem to be a difference in the contrasts, or something.. maybe it's the brighter lighting and the way shadows are handled, they just look better to me in darker lighting conditions. Wasn't meant as a criticism, just wondering what might be causing the difference.

No, I didn't calibrate. I might have my settings too low.

Basically the shot I posted is just my PC settings... everyone's is different. I can say the same for a lot of games that I bought and ran and thought... well, this is different than the box.

But really, the shot was more about the detail that is going into the D.VII, rather than the light shading of OFF.

I'll boost up my gamma a little and see if it helps.

OvS

Ok no worries it does look really odd on the gamma or contrast though, almost 16 bit or solarised ;)

Sandbaggers, at the beginning, all look pretty dark too.

Ok no worries it does look really odd on the gamma or contrast though, almost 16 bit or solarised ;)

Maybe he is running ENBseries files??? They work well to provide needed contrast in overly bright days (sort of like a polarizing filter effect), but kill too much light/contrast at dawn/dusk or overcast days. Good thing they can be turned off in-sim with a simple keystroke.

Maybe he is running ENBseries files??? They work well to provide needed contrast in overly bright days (sort of like a polarizing filter effect), but kill too much light/contrast at dawn/dusk or overcast days. Good thing they can be turned off in-sim with a simple keystroke.

Ahh.... jeeze... you're right!! I forgot I loaded that ENB thingie... I was testing it when it was posted a few weeks back. Yes, that's the reason why.

I'll turn it off and take some more shots of the new Fokkers... maybe tonight, we'll see what how the time goes. I've been so wrapped up in painting them, and getting my mind 'into being there', that I forgot I had that loaded. Thanks.

OvS

Great Screenies!...but..pardon my ignorance....what is ENB?

Ditto.. dntknw.gif ???

To be frank, I like the dark mood of OFF (well, that's how it looks on my PC).

If you want atmospheric, then a Pup scudding over a greying, storm cloud filled sky in early 1917 - as I've seen innumerable times in OFF - is certainly a sight to chill the soul or warm the heart, depending on your viewpoint.

I like the slightly gothic look of OFF. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: that's how, in my mind, WWI looked.

it's an easy to use tool to make the contrast and colors of the scenerie and aircrafts look more real.

you can find it here

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jcjphh

explanation

http://www.simforums...s.asp?TID=32482

it's easy to use. you can simply switch it on and off with shift-f12 ingame.

i tweaked around and, at least for my gusto, found the perfect setting. so the bright colors are not too bright, and what should be dark, is not too dark.

i can recommend this tool to everybody.

best thing, you can see specks better. on bright days without haze even up to 8nm.

i always found the sim was kind of too bright. with it i have the perfect setting for making it look more like real scenerie.

when it's getting dark, with this tool the ground also gets dark. before it was night, but the ground was still illuminated.

if anybody wants to try it, just throw the two files into the main bhah folder, like exlained in the link. if don't like it, simply delete it again. there's no installation or deinstallation needed

if anybody wants to try my tweak, wich works perfectly for me, simply copy the following and paste it into the "enbseries.ini"-file, overwriting the previous one.

start copy here:

//GEX Europe ENB Bloom Settings by Nick Needham

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=0

InitProxyFunctions=0

ProxyLibrary=

[GLOBAL]

UseEffect=1

AlternativeDepth=1

AllowAntialias=0

BugFixMode=0

SkipShaderOptimization=0

QuadVertexBuffer=0

EnableShaders_3_0=1

UseMRTRendering=0

AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.ini

[EFFECT]

EnableBloom=1

EnableOcclusion=0

EnableReflection=0

EnableMotionblur=0

EnableWater=0

EnableShadow=0

DepthBias=0

EnableDepthOfField=0

[iNPUT]

KeyUseEffect=123

KeyBloom=120

KeyOcclusion=121

KeyReflection=122

KeyCombination=16

KeyScreenshot=44

KeyShadow=119

KeyWater=118

KeyShowFPS=106

[REFLECTION]

ReflectionPower=60

ChromePower=60

UseCurrentFrameReflection=1

ReflectionQuality=1

ReflectionSourceSpecular=50

ReflectionSourceTFactor=50

UseAdditiveReflection=1

ReflectionDepthBias=0

UseLowResReflection=1

ReflectionSinglePass=1

UseEnvBump=0

EnvBumpAmount=100

EnvBumpOffset=100

ReflectionFlip=0

[bLOOM]

BloomPowerDay=0

BloomFadeTime=400

BloomConstantDay=1

BloomQuality=0

BloomScreenLevelDay=30

BloomCurveDay=0

BloomPowerNight=0

BloomConstantNight=0

BloomCurveNight=0

BloomScreenLevelNight=10

BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=24

BloomAdaptationMultiplier=100

BloomAllowOversaturation=1

BloomMaxLimit=100

[sSAO]

UseFilter=1

OcclusionQuality=2

FilterQuality=1

DarkeningLevel=15

BrighteningLevel=20

IlluminationLevel=20

AdditiveIlluminationLevel=25

UseAmbientOcclusion=1

UseIndirectLighting=1

FadeDistance=50

UseForAlphaTest=0

UseForAlphaBlend=0

[colorCORRECTION]

DarkeningAmountDay=5

ScreenLevelDay=50

ScreenLevelNight=1

DarkeningAmountNight=35

GammaCurveDay=-3

GammaCurveNight=-3

ColorSaturationDay=1

ColorSaturationNight=1

UsePaletteTexture=0

[WATER]

UseWaterDeep=0

WaterDeepness=20

WaterQuality=0

[sHADOW]

ShadowFadeStart=40

ShadowFadeEnd=80

ShadowAmountDay=50

ShadowAmountNight=40

ShadowScreenLevelDay=40

ShadowScreenLevelNight=30

ShadowQuality=1

UseShadowFilter=0

FilterQuality=2

ShadowBlurRange=30

[ENGINE]

ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0

MaxAnisotropy=8

ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0

DisplayRefreshRateHz=60

[MOTIonblur]

MotionblurQuality=1

MotionblurVelocity=0

MotionblurRotation=0

[PERPIXELLIGHTING]

SpecularColorMin=0

SpecularColorMax=100

SpecularColorMultiplier=100

SpecularGlossinessMin=0

SpecularGlossinessMax=100

SpecularGlossinessMultiplier=100

[DEPTHOFFIELD]

DOFQuality=2

DOFNumberOfPasses=1

DOFFocusRange=50

DOFBlurinessRange=10

[PLUGIN]

WeatherMod=0

credit belongs to the guy named in the first line, i just tweaked it to fit perfectly to BHAH.

Edited by Creaghorn

Hi Creaghorn,

where do i have to put these 2 Files ? c:\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\... ?

put it there but till now no effect. Shift+F12 inflight changes nothing.

vschoell

Hi Creaghorn,

where do i have to put these 2 Files ? c:\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\... ?

put it there but till now no effect. Shift+F12 inflight changes nothing.

vschoell

you should have two files thrown into C:\Programme\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields.

d3d8.dll and enbseries.ini

then you open enbseries.ini with normal text editor and copy my tweak, and paste it over the settings in the enbseries.ini file. that's it.

maybe you forgot to put also d3d8.dll into bhaha folder?

you should have two files thrown into C:\Programme\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields.

d3d8.dll and enbseries.ini

then you open enbseries.ini with normal text editor and copy my tweak, and paste it over the settings in the enbseries.ini file. that's it.

maybe you forgot to put also d3d8.dll into bhaha folder?

the copy thing is clear, but Ahm, where is the bhah folder ? I've putted the two files in c:\obd\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields.

vschoell

the copy thing is clear, but Ahm, where is the bhah folder ? I've putted the two files in c:\obd\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields.

vschoell

my path is xp sp3 path, so maybe you have vista and there it's somewhere else?

the main BHAH is where all the skins, all the textures, FM,DM, sound etc. are.

if i were you, i would put some keyword into "search" of which i know it's in this main folder, and wait for the results, and then follow the path of the shown result. e.G. search for "OFF.exe" or something like that.

Creaghorn- I am using your modified ini file at present (no real assessment as yet, just trying it out)...but I did have a question: I used WinDiff to see what is different in your file vs. the 'original' ini file I got with the ENBseries download. Is the ini list you posted something you modified yourself, or did you acquire it from another source?

I'm hoping you've done it yourself, because if so it would imply a lot of understanding I don't have :) I say this, based on your adding quite a few lines (opposed to changing some of the values for lines already present, which is all I could manage *lol*). I wondered as to your reasoning for adding the lines you did.

Also, I noticed a line (#20 in an editor) "AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.ini". I assume this allows the ini file to 'call' yet another ini with further/additional settings/values. But, I don't recall seeing you mention this second file, or a list of the second file's contents. Is my assumption incorrect, or have you maybe overlooked the second file?

Thanks

Creaghorn- I am using your modified ini file at present (no real assessment as yet, just trying it out)...but I did have a question: I used WinDiff to see what is different in your file vs. the 'original' ini file I got with the ENBseries download. Is the ini list you posted something you modified yourself, or did you acquire it from another source?

I'm hoping you've done it yourself, because if so it would imply a lot of understanding I don't have :) I say this, based on your adding quite a few lines (opposed to changing some of the values for lines already present, which is all I could manage *lol*). I wondered as to your reasoning for adding the lines you did.

Also, I noticed a line (#20 in an editor) "AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.ini". I assume this allows the ini file to 'call' yet another ini with further/additional settings/values. But, I don't recall seeing you mention this second file, or a list of the second file's contents. Is my assumption incorrect, or have you maybe overlooked the second file?

Thanks

oh no, it's not made by myself.

dimus posted it some weeks ago and i tried it. since this mod was made by somebody for Vice City to make the lighting etc. look better, and the guy named in the first line of the ini.file has tweaked it to fit to a flight simulator. this file also works for BHAH, but it was overall too dark and the lighting was too glowing.

so i used this file as it is and tweaked it with trial and error to fit as good as it can be in BHAH.

i could have only post the lines i changed, but IMO it was better to post the complete content of the ini.file, so one only needs to copy and paste it without the danger of making some wrong.

so credit or something not for me, but for the guy who made it work for flight simulators. i just made it fit better for BHAH.

there are some added or missing lines comparing the original ini.file to the version of Nick Needham, the dude who made it usable for flight sims. I used Nicks version and just changed some figures in existing lines to make it fit to BHAH.

you simply copy the posted content and paste it over the original ini.file. no matter if more or less lines.

Edited by Creaghorn