I can only speculate, but I'd assume (and hope!) so. Although TK and TMF were working on an "A-" Tomcat (i.e. the F-14A), TMF was also working on the B and D; and while I love the A-, I really would love to see the Big Cat with the Big Engines it was designed for! Nearly 14,000 total pounds o' extra (static) thrust, Baby!

EDIT: Also, when TK's F-15A was coming out for Wings over Europe (1) TMF still released their F-15A, so I don't see why it'd be different here.

Edited by Caesar

I'm not a TMF member, but considering events of recent months, I'd give them some space/time on their projects. They'll let us know what's going on in due time.

As has been stated before, the Mirage Factory has every intention of releasing new F-14 models....but only when they are finished to our satisfaction. At this point, the only holdup is some minor detail work, and the cockpits.

Will TMF relase their Tomcats even that TK is working in his own cat?

Yes.

When .. cant tell.

TK's F-14 is for his new game which will have new type of terrain , so I guess it wont be compatible with current SF1-2 series anyway...

Patience is a virtue that too many dont know... so patience young one and wonderful things will happen...

Patience is a virtue that too many dont know... so patience young one and wonderful things will happen...

yah....and besides, it's only 14 more sleeps grin.gif

moonjumper post some screens of the tmf on check 6

attachment.php?attachmentid=21301&d=1271076429

attachment.php?attachmentid=21302&d=1271076429

attachment.php?attachmentid=21303&d=1271076429

Edited by Murphy'S
  • Like 1

Wow, Thats the first I have heard about a new sim from TK with the Tomcat in it. The original F-14A Tomcat mod was the only reason I bought WOV (my first Strike Fighters title). There were no other sims out there that included the big bad kitty and all I could find were mods for Strike Fighters, F4 and MSFS. The Falcon dance sucked and you can't blow stuff up in MSFS which pretty much ruled them out.

That F-14B pit is gorgeous... Looks like I'm going to have to back fit it into the old F-14A as well... If I'm still flying it that is... :grin:

For the record, Jane's F/A-18 Superhornet was modded to allow flying the F-14, though it really is an F/A-18E in terms of flight model and avionics. LOMAC may have been modded the same way, so that at least graphically it looks like you are flying a Tomcat. But TK's new SF2 based sim should be the first one to do it right in a long time. However, his sim-lite approach may leave a few people disappointed.

Edited by streakeagle

For the record, Jane's F/A-18 Superhornet was modded to allow flying the F-14, though it really is an F/A-18E in terms of flight model and avionics. LOMAC may have been modded the same way, so that at least graphically it looks like you are flying a Tomcat. But TK's new SF2 based sim should be the first one to do it right in a long time. However, his sim-lite approach may leave a few people disappointed.

And give all we modders hard time when we want to sim something deep...:blink:

• Like 1