Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

It had to be me...

So, I go out on this blind date with this girl I met online. I've already seen a picture of her and she looked all right (not that looks are uber important... right?). Anyways, I show up at the meeting spot and I'm trying to find her. Out from this car comes this 5'6, 210+ lb woman that looked like a photoshoped explosion of the picture that I saw coming to give me a hug. A voice inside my head said, "oh crap". So now I'm stuck with this person who had obviously lied about herself. What do I do now I ask. I quickly remember the wingman system and texted my supervisor, "give me an emergency call now... she's fat, ugly, and sitting next to me in my car." Sure enough, within two minutes he calls. I put him on speaker and he tells me "We got an emergency recall. Get your gear and respond asap." I play my part and tell him I just started my date. He says, "Your date just got canceled. Take her back home and get here asap!" I follow those orders and drive back playing that I'm pissed (I should've won an oscar for my performance). She buys the whole thing and understands. After I drop her off and leave, I call my sup back and thank him. We're both laughing about the whole thing and of course he's going to let the whole unit know lol! Yeah...... I'm going to burn in hell for this.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Blind date, huh? "i like you, you got balls, i like balls"

post-2160-12653672890644.jpg

Guess must have been something like this...... blink.gif

Hou doe,

Derk

lol blink.gif

s**t happens.. at least you have a good sup lol.gif

Wow talk about ducking the bullet. That'll teach you to online date. drinks.gif

post-2160-12653672890644.jpg

Guess must have been something like this...... blink.gif

Hou doe,

Derk

Sure, the glass, of course! Better and cheaper than Photoshop, you won't enrich Bill Gates with it, and you can even get drunk with it if the real thing disappoints you. Hail to the glass!

That happened to me once, too. Of course, I didn't have the emergency call rescue! I think I wormed out of it by faking extreme fatigue after a long day of work and begging off.

However, I did meet my wife of over 11 yrs online, so it CAN happen.

Wow talk about ducking the bullet. That'll teach you to online date. drinks.gif

Teach?... heck I've been on some really hot dates befor from online dating except that they weren't all that interested in me. Last night was a fluke. Infact, there's this other girl I'm checking out right now. :grin:

I know, I know.... I'm bad.

Yeah, nothing wrong with meeting people online at all. Been there, done that, will do it again. cool.gif

5'6" 210 doesn't necessarily mean fat. Granted, you are going on visual guestimation not an actual scale reading, but... I had dated someone who was about 5'7"-ish and around 220. Here's the thing... I had no idea how much she weighed, and never asked, because I never cared. One day I was remarking about how I am actually heavier than I look and surprise a lot of people as a result (I'm 6'2", I looked about 200/210 or so, was actually 240 at the time - now down to 225 but think I still look basically the same), and she revealed to me that she was 220 herself. I was shocked and didn't beleive it at first. I teased her about palming some lead weights on the scale or something.

So yeah, weight itself really doesn't matter. For me, as long as they have shape and no fat rolls, it's all good (meaning they can be a bit "overly" rounded and carry a few extra pounds, ie, a TRUE BBW (not the jabba the huts that try to call themselves BBW when there's nothing "beautiful" about them lol)).

However, if your taste is on the skinny side, then it is what it is I suppose. One does need to be at least somewhat physically interested.

I would just suggest trying out some of the softer girls. They are a hell of a lot of fun. Just use good judgement and don't go too soft, if you know what I mean. lol grin.gif

As for the situation, well, that's one way of getting out of it. But the problem there is she may think you are still interested, and/or end up more hurt in the end when you dodge her going forward. Even though she may have "lied", you made the snap judgement that there would be no chemistry (which is your're right of course, as mentioned, one does need at least some physical attraction), but using an old pic or fudging some numbers is really not the same thing as leading someone on, ya know? I would have just asked her why she didn't use a current picture, and if there really could be no hope of chemistry for me, I would have been straight up with her and apologized (even though it was her fault - more of an condolence than apology if you know what I mean). It might sting, but at least she walks away knowing what's up and why, and that she had only herself to blame (afterall, a current pic may have let you bypass her entirely and she would never have been in the position to be rejected), and perhaps she'll use more accurate info and pictures going forward to find those who would actually be intested in her. - Anyway, that's just my 2¢

But a funny story though. smile.gif

I have one rule, is she's shorter than me but weights more than me than its a no fly zone :grin:

In the same situation, she would have never even made it into my car.

She dan well should have been fined for false advertising.