Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Now THAT'S what you call 'Spin Doctoring'

Judy Wallman, a professional genealogy researcher in southern California, was doing some personal work on her own family tree.

She discovered that Congressman Harry Reid's great-great uncle, Remus Reid, was hanged for horse stealing and train robbery in Montana in 1889.

Both Judy and Harry Reid share this common ancestor.

The only known photograph of Remus shows him standing on the gallows in Montana territory:

On the back of the picture Judy obtained during her research is this inscription:

'Remus Reid, horse thief, sent to Montana Territorial Prison 1885, escaped 1887, robbed the Montana Flyer six times.

Caught by Pinkerton detectives, convicted and hanged in 1889.'

So Judy recently e-mailed Congressman Harry Reid for information about their great-great uncle. (pictured below)

Believe it or not, Harry Reid's staff sent back the following biographical sketch for her genealogy research:

"Remus Reid was a famous cowboy in the Montana Territory.

His business empire grew to include acquisition of valuable equestrian assets and intimate dealings with the Montana railroad.

Beginning in 1883, he devoted several years of his life to government service, finally taking leave to resume his dealings with the railroad.

In 1887, he was a key player in a vital investigation run by the renowned Pinkerton Detective Agency.

In 1889, Remus passed away during an important civic function held in his honour when the platform upon which he was standing collapsed."

NOW That’s how it's done, Folks!

That's real POLITICAL SPIN – makes today’s spinners look like amateurs! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

That is the SPIN FOR DA WIN!

• Like 1

Yeah, I thought they do it that way.

For some people, Francis Drake was a pirate - for others a "Sir".

Fake or not it was funny. And could have been real :good:

• Like 1

May be a fake but politicians do things like that, for instance turning an electoral defeat into a victory, explaining how they change side in a coalition, creating measures against which they complained fanatically during the elections etc. etc. ........

Very funny grin.gif

Hou doe,

Derk

Thread edited.

Sieben, I don't know who pissed in your Wheaties and I don't care. Keep your comments civil or find yourself gone.

FC

Edited by FastCargo

... jive-ass rednecks that inhabit these forums ...

Hey... I'm from New York...

:blink:

Ooo...Did I miss summat?

You didn't miss much. Some nutjob had a melt down over this thread but they are gone now.

A Nutter?..what here?...on Combat Ace?...Whatever can we do? :crazy:

You guys see that his wife and daughter got severely effed up in a car wreck in the last 24 hours or so?? Found that out when I was finding out who he was...

Yeah, I thought they do it that way.

For some people, Francis Drake was a pirate - for others a "Sir".

He was both things.

Edited by shotdown

UK Widow::

Actually guys...have just found out it is FAKE

(had me fooled though)

Yeaps. You just learned how politics works. In that way, you did good here. :salute:

Another one are "quotes" from long ago leaders you see poasted on teh internets forums. Don't trust them without your own research.

"What's for breakfast?" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Well, in the case of Francis Drake, he was as privateer, meaning, a state-sponsored pirate. Nowadays, there's state-sponsored terrorism - some call them terrorists, others call them rebels or freedom fighters, and then there are some that call them suicidal nutcakes... :grin:

You guys see that his wife and daughter got severely effed up in a car wreck in the last 24 hours or so?? Found that out when I was finding out who he was...

Nope, never saw that...poor buggers

In your case Widow old chap tis fairly easy just get OBD to threaten to never make you a Snipe for OFF... :rofl:

We seem to get them here. I have my very own stalker who seems to think I actually give a rats ass that he comes in, insults me and gets banned. I am sure he jerks himself off every time he does that....and I still don't care! You should of seen the PM exchange we had last night. The guy is truly sick. I am glad I carry my P225 everywhere I go. This guy is so sick I think he would drive hundred of miles just to do me some harm. He hates me that bad. He said we could be friends if I admitted I'm an asshole. So I told him I know I am an asshole and so do many people here at CA. He also said this isn't my site and that I am not allowed to have any input other than for comments on the sims itself. If you all want I can post this all here. It reads like a book for the mentally insane.

You know there are some twisted people out there... who need a decent 9mm enema...

Thankfully most of the people on this site are sick and twisted just my kind of deviant and I mean that in the best possible way ever as you are all wonderful people... It's my be nice to people day today... :rofl: