Sign in to follow this  
firehawkordy

A Music Question

I have a question to the younger posters. Why does rap music exist and why do people buy it? Do you realise that cRap is the most non-creative genre there is? Now these "artists" have gone to far. Cypress Hill has stolen the instumentals to the Clashes "London Bridges". Talk about a sacralige. If any one of these "creative genious's had to come up with something origianal they'd have a meltdown.

I have determined that the "c" in rap "music" is silent. And before anyone says I'm too old and and don't understand, I started listening to punk in '77 and hip-hop in '80. And back then, the music and words were new, origanal and made a point. Now its an excuse for any foul-mouthed POS to make easy money.

Don't belive me? Listen to Grand Master Flash and the Beasty Boys, then compare them to 50cent and whatever gangbanger thats on the charts now.

Ya I know what you mean. I really hate Cypress Hill, the only real "rap" I listen to is the new Jay-Z album (if you can find the remixed "Grey Album" it's really good, if only for the incredible beats). Although if you want to hear some real good natured old school style hip-hop check out Jurrasic 5,

"Let's take it back to the concrete streets/Original beats with real live MC's/Play ground tactics/No rabbit in a hat-tricks/Just act classic/Rap sh*t from Jurrasic" it doesn't get much greater than that.

This is the age problem (no hard feelings). Rock 'n' Roll was in the fifties not good.

In the sixties the Beatles and than the hippies.

Seventies gets the diso and the eighties the punk/new wave.

What about the ninties? Than you have grunge and house.

And about stolen hits and records, the music in the past did it also.

I don't like rap music from now, but in the eighties was it for me okay.

It is to agressive now, so I do not listen to that.

Salute

Dutchy

Seventies gets the diso

Dutchy,

I hated disco in the '70s, my youngest daughter likes it and it still makes my skin crawl, with the exception of Donna Summer. ;)

You are probably right, it might be the age thing, but I still won't grow up!

Im 16 and anything other than rock is crap to me, I like Rock, Heavy Metal, Coutry, Classical, Blues, Jazz, But then Rap, Hip HOp, R+B, POP,DAnce, Techno, Man those ppl need to learn how to play instruments, and music.

all I can say is

Linkin Park OWNS :D

LOL, nooooo Linkin Park is bad for you! Anyway, whats up *BtS*$y$t£M=M= (I had to copy and paste your name) If you want to hear some really good music might I suggest some Ming and FS? I think the only other person on here that's probably heard of them would be Snapple.

Linkin is very good :D

i love Meteora and other of their albums

u need to here Faint or Crawling... or my December

great music i tell ya ;)

I've heard all of those, the problem is that with their first album I had been listening to it for about two years by the time it ever got any play on the radio or MTV, sooo I was already sick of it when they started playing it every freaking other minute on the radio, so now I just can't stand them. BTW nesher, if you want to hear some good music, download some Bouncing Souls, I recomend true beleivers. Great stuff.

Edited by CowboyTodd41

ahh, and here I am, the one who likes (or can stand) just about everything :)

"Rap is God's penalty to us for creating country." hehehe...

I actually like rock a lot. Any kind. Hard rock, light rock, what have you, as long as its good music, I'll like it. Though my favorite bands would have to be Linkin Park, Evanesence, and Trapt. Has anyone else listened to Trapt's cd? It is AWESOME.

i loved some of Evanesence songs... they are good

Todd, i'll download some stuff tommrow , thanks :D

Ok, time for the ole Chief to give his submission.

Rap music? Kind of a misnomer, isn't it? To me, it seems like all RAP is talk, not music. And the "talk" is a considerable amount of profanity.

Me? My favorite music comes from the 70s. Specifically, Loggins and Messina, the Eagles, and of course, the Doobie Brothers (most especially Michael McDonald)!

Go Navy.

Navy Chief

I still say on the eighth day God created Punk.

As most of you know I have a 13 year old daughter and right now I get to hear Linkin Park, Mest, the Ataris and whatever she seems to discover. The thing is that I usualy find the new bands first. That brat had the nerve to rip-off my Evanesence CD, now I cant find my CDs I got on my birthday.

Anyone that's interested, my cousin has a band called the Whiskey Rebels. They've played on the east caost,I think in GA. and they aint that bad.

Check 'em out whiskeyrebels.com

Anyway dico sucks, rap causes brain damage, and I want either Debbie Harry or the girl from Evanesence for my next birthday present.

ps. Jimmy Hendrix is God. B)

Hey Raptor do you ever listen to Thrice? Freaking awesome, also right now I'm listening to Social Distortion, as one of my friends once said "Who doesn't like Social Distortion?" :D

Never heard of either of them. Taking your advice, I am currently downloading some Thrice songs, they sound pretty good.

Edited by PG_Raptor

I like also all sorts of music. From the fifties Elvis Presley till now the newest Iron Maiden.

A little list from what I like by sort:

Rock 'n' Roll: Elvis, Buddy Holly...many more

Blues: Cuby & Blizzards (Dutch)

Heavy Metal: Nightwish, Stratovarius, Iron Maiden and many more

PopRock: Bruce Springsteen (what a great concert he gives)

Ska: Madness

Punk: Dead Kennedy's

I quit with the list, because I like to much from all those years that popmusic is in our lives from the fifties.

Some like this another likes that, for everyone is something to listen.

And youth like only music when their parents say or scream: "Take you radio, cd player or whatever off!! That piece of a #$%& artist is !@%$#!!!" :angry:

Am I right? Everybody turn up a record that parents never liked. That is also generationconflict.

I wish parents with youngsters in the teenage very luck with them and remember, you was also a teenager........years ago :D

Hey I just thought I'd let everyone know, if you want to hear really good rock, check out Coheed and Cambria, freaking awesome.

Peace Sells....But Who's Buying????

Notice the fighter aircraft??

album_peace.jpg

Kind of like Iron Maiden's "Aces High"

I am 23 but I hate rap. I am also a guitarist and I know that RAP is really uncreative and basically just s**t for music. I call it R.A.P. (Retards Attempting Poetry). I want to make a T-Shirt that has that saying on it.

Edited by lexicon

This is the age problem (no hard feelings). Rock 'n' Roll was in the fifties not good.

And about stolen hits and records, the music in the past did it also.

Salute

Dutchy

This is the age problem (no hard feelings).

No not age,Fact

Rock 'n' Roll was in the fifties not good.

as compared to smoot sounds like doo-wop it was lol

yeah,tho the Sounds were excelent,as for hippies,they just were about as useful as whale crap...

I dont want to recall the clothes lol..tho in the 80's madonna made a few bucks..

I by-passed this stage,went back to ole doo-wop 'in the still of the night'..etc,even moody blues..

agressive,as in being good music to call women ho's?....as in having no knowledge of sound...

another good one

P.O.D. - Youth of the Nation

:D

Alright, how come nobody has so far mentioned the absolute Gods of Rock and Roll, to use Jack Black's phrase?

Led Zeppelin

Come on guys, you can't have modern heavy metal or anything else along those lines without Led Zepp. I mean, jesus.

The only music I consistantly listen to is Led Zepp, CCR, the Doors, Days of the New and Radiohead. Chevelle, Moby and Modest Mouse are up there too.

Seriously though, I just scanned through the whole thread again to no mention of Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and John Bonham's contribution to music.

Alright, how come nobody has so far mentioned the absolute Gods of Rock and Roll, to use Jack Black's phrase?

Led Zeppelin

Probably because the dope smokin' jocks that made my life hell in school listened to Led Zep and Areosmith and Black sabbath. Most of the heavy metal bands played the same chords with different words. Okay I like Ozzy and Sabbath. <_< Thats why I took to punk in '77. The Clash,Sex Pistols, and Ramones are the roots of todays music.

I have nothing against heavy metal and Rap, I think as long as the moron majority is focused on those genres Punk, Techno, and Alternitive are safe.

BTW,

A few years back a study was done on suicide rates in major music markets. Belive it or not, the cities that had a Country music domination had the highest rate of people killing themselves. Not to start something, but an interesting fact.