Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Ca_Stary's Enhanced Israel Terrain

Shots of Germany CE from 1024-1024 to 512-512 resize:

I don't see great differencies,do you?

those textures are perfectly fine -in fact 1024x1024 ones are a bit "for the future systems"

as I wrote you on FB -USAFMTL will propably upload downsized variant :good:

those textures are perfectly fine -in fact 1024x1024 ones are a bit "for the future systems"

as I wrote you on FB -USAFMTL will propably upload downsized variant good.gif

RgR that,If Dave's busy i can do it!just ask!

I can upload the GermanyCE's ones if you or some other want!

Upload, please.

I ask You.

Paul :good:

X-Ray,

Nice looking snake!!

512 tiles are uploaded.

As with aircraft skins, there's no need going through all the trouble to provide lower resolution tiles. All a user has to do, is to edit the maximum texture size value for a given detail option in the flightengine.ini to "512", like so:

[unlimitedDetailOption]

HorizonDistance=75000.0

DetailMeshSize=12

DetailLevel=1

WaterEffect=2

NoiseTexture=1

MaxTextureRes=512

As with aircraft skins, there's no need going through all the trouble to provide lower resolution tiles. All a user has to do, is to edit the maximum texture size value for a given detail option in the flightengine.ini to "512", like so:

[unlimitedDetailOption]

HorizonDistance=75000.0

DetailMeshSize=12

DetailLevel=1

WaterEffect=2

NoiseTexture=1

MaxTextureRes=512

that's easy way, true, but as I can live with 512x512 terrain tiles just fine I can't with some 512x512 skins :grin:

and this setting cuts all textures to specified resolution. Anyway Dave uploaded the tiles, not really difference between 1024 and 512 :good:

I've always wondered why the roads are almost white? It's the only thing keeping me from liking this particular tileset as the rest of it is brilliant.

Israel tilest has no road tiles...

Hi, i tried kevin's method of making the new tiles as part of a separate standalone ISrael ME 2 terrain but it still doe snot show up in selection screen. I did the 5 steps mentioend above and this is what the israe.ini. looks like: Is there a cat file thats supposed to be in the new terrain. i remmember doing it for sf 1 generation by taking desert.cat and renaming it to the new terrain of your chloice. I used the sf2 extractor and found IsraeklME and I saw no cat file. Below is whatI did according to Wrenchs advice above and this is the IsraelME.ini:

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Israel, Middle East

DataFile=IsraelME_data.ini

TargetFile=IsraelME_targets.ini

TargetTypeFile=IsraelME_types.ini

MovementFile=IsraelME_movement.ini

NationsFile=IsraelME_nations.ini

BriefingText=IsraelME_briefing.ini

DogfightFile=IsraelME_dogfight.ini

DogfightOnly=FALSE

Longitude=34.80

Latitude=32.08

LimitedNations=TRUE

GroundObjectTexture=tan

CatFile=..\IsrealME\IsraelME.CAT

[Map]

FilenameFormat=IsraelME_Map%d.bmp

Width=1000000.0

Height=1000000.0

NumZoomLevels=3

[WeatherChance]

ScatteredChance=25

BrokenChance=25

OvercastChance=4

InclementChance=2

[AllowedDates]

StartDate=11/29/1947

EndDate=1983

Hi, i tried kevin's method of making the new tiles as part of a separate standalone ISrael ME 2 terrain but it still doe snot show up in selection screen.

Because you messed up the the naming convention.

Israel tilest has no road tiles...

D'oh. Someone posted pics of the germanyce one so that was what I was talking about.

Guest Raden

Yes; same way we did ANW before I converted it to 4 seasonss, how I created the "Empty Desert" (ie: desert2) and how Piecemeal created the Desert3....

1) create new folder, call it "IsraelME2)

2) install all the new bits.

3) In this new folder, Rename IsrealME.INI to IsrealME2.INI

4) rename TFD and HFD (if supplied -if not, extract from IsrealMe.cat and place in new terrain folder) to IsrealME2.TFD and IsrealME2.HFD

5) create new cat pointer line in IsrealME2.INI, pointing the the IsealME.cat...

If there's another step, I disrmember it.

But why you'd want to go through all this trouble....well.... :dntknw:  In SF2, since this would go into the /Terrains sub-folder of the Mods folder, removing it is a simple 'delete folder' click. In WoI, a simple copy/paste/rename of the stock IsraelME folder should do it. Or, as this looks like tile bmp/tga/and tods, simple removing them should do it to restore to 'stock'. (oh forgot -- and new inis, too)

wrench

kevin stein

Wrench, am I correct to say that Desert Terrain is in fact for PARAN??? I have the Desrt, yet, do not use it in my WOE. Thanks for ur time/reply.

Guest Raden

As with aircraft skins, there's no need going through all the trouble to provide lower resolution tiles.  All a user has to do, is to edit the maximum texture size value for a given detail option in the flightengine.ini to "512", like so:

[unlimitedDetailOption]

HorizonDistance=75000.0

DetailMeshSize=12

DetailLevel=1

WaterEffect=2

NoiseTexture=1

MaxTextureRes=512

Fubar, thanks for the trick. I never did the way u put forward, instead, I just did it the dumb way, namely, open each dot bmps and lower its res.

Guest Raden

yes,I can confirm in GermanyCE terrain,I've resized to 512-512 and solved in,without any losses in your terrain quality!

Everyone please, it may sound silly question as there is (?) a how-to on converting things FS2 to FS1. I have DL-ed some of it but too laxy to read them again. As for skins, it's a piece of cake step. Texture is to ba Save As in ANSI in SF1.

But, what about this really fine, new IsraelME SF2 for SF1? Which dot inis/ini must be adjusted please??

Thanks for the replies.

Guest Raden

Yes; same way we did ANW before I converted it to 4 seasonss, how I created the "Empty Desert" (ie: desert2) and how Piecemeal created the Desert3....

1) create new folder, call it "IsraelME2)

2) install all the new bits.

3) In this new folder, Rename IsrealME.INI to IsrealME2.INI

4) rename TFD and HFD (if supplied -if not, extract from IsrealMe.cat and place in new terrain folder) to IsrealME2.TFD and IsrealME2.HFD

5) create new cat pointer line in IsrealME2.INI, pointing the the IsealME.cat...

If there's another step, I disrmember it.

But why you'd want to go through all this trouble....well.... :dntknw:  In SF2, since this would go into the /Terrains sub-folder of the Mods folder, removing it is a simple 'delete folder' click. In WoI, a simple copy/paste/rename of the stock IsraelME folder should do it. Or, as this looks like tile bmp/tga/and tods, simple removing them should do it to restore to 'stock'. (oh forgot -- and new inis, too)

wrench

kevin stein

Ah! Thanks a lot Kevin for ur brief tutorial re this superb, a=enhanced ISRAELME2. Did not read ur (this) before I posted a question on steps. Thanks again. So, my question is replied. Will use it soon. I love IsraelME (no need to install my WOI then... :grin:

Guest Raden

So... that HM trick actually works for non-sea tiles???? Excellent ... gonna have to make some adjustments on the Isreal2 retile (as I removed them...)

How does this effect the IME targets enhancement pack I did a coupla years ago? (meaning: placement of target areas that might conflict with trees/buildings/cows/chickens/camels/etc)

Still, I notice the airfields aren't in a cleared zone....

damnitall  i want my new machine!!!! (do we have a crying smilie??)

wrench

kevin stein

Hi Wrench!

I this enhanced Terrain was DL-ed. And based of ur steps, I copied it in NotePad (  ), I did the necessary changes.

I got CTD twice.

Here's what I did:

1. Copy/Paste Stary's IsraelME_data.ini inside of his included sub-file Heightmaps to the main terrain MOD of his.

2. I was assuming that as is the case with ALL FS2 aircrafts SKINS, especially the sub-file Texture, they must be saved in ANSI in SF1. So, I Saved As Stary's said IsraelMe_data.ini in ANSI as well. Wrong or correct?

3. Wrong or Correct when I also changed Stary's IsraelME_data.ini (from his included sub-file above) to IsraelME2_data.ini? (it was in Unicode, so, I Saved As it in ANSI)

4. Correct or wrong that all of the dot inis in it (imported from IsraelME "regular") also be added with "2" as is the case with IsraelME2_data.ini?

3. Extracted the IsraelME.TFD and IsraelME.HFD, and as u stated they be added with 2, hence, IsraelME2.tfd and IsraelME2.HFD

Lastly, please confirm (whoever are expert at it) if all those dot inis in it must be Saved As (already are as they were improrted from the standard, non-enhanced IsraelMe terrain), like the IsraelME2.ini, IsraelME2_target.ini, IsraelME2_data.ini, and IsraelME2_type.ini???

Please Stary or other experts in the above matters reply as I do need ur inputs/feedback, IF, I repeat, IF Wrench is unavalable this moment, or for some reasons does not have time to confirm.

My thanks to u Wrench and others. C u all later.

Edited by Raden

Can you be more specific?

Folder and ini file names must match.

Guest Raden

Folder and ini file names must match.

U mean the whole ISRAELME2 Terrain be saved same as its inis files in it, namely, in ANSI?

I shall just try that above guy, i.e., simply copied all Stary's dot bmps and tgas sub-files in my (second copy to be safe) IsraelME (without2 the standard version).

To be more specific? What I mean was: all the dot inis files inside of Stary's SF2 IsraelMe (his just one from the sub-file Heightmaps) I saved in ANSI. That's it. And still, I got ctd. Where did I might have done wrong?

Thanks

Stary,

I found a graphical bug when I was rtb from a strike mission. Didn't snap a screenshot though... Forgot. A tree was in a building. If I see it again I'll snap a screenshot and write down the city name.

Falcon

ok, you're sure it was in a city? Because I did not create new city tod files...

Hi, Ok let me get this straight. Inside the ISraelme.ini, it is calling out the ini entries. So all those have to match the main folder name. For ex, for the desert terrain;

TerrainFullName=Desert

DataFile=desert_data.ini-------this chgs to mathc folder name ?

TargetFile=desert_targets.ini -------this chgs to mathc folder name ?

TargetTypeFile=desert_types.ini-------this chgs to mathc folder name ?

MovementFile=desert_movement.ini-------this chgs to mathc folder name ?

NationsFile=desert_nations.ini-------this chgs to mathc folder name ?

BriefingText=desert_briefing.ini-------this chgs to mathc folder name ?

DogfightFile=desert_dogfight.ini-------this chgs to mathc folder name ?

DogfightOnly=FALSE

GroundObjectTexture=tan

Hi, Ok let me get this straight. Inside the ISraelme.ini, it is calling out the ini entries. So all those have to match the main folder name. For ex, for the desert terrain;

TerrainFullName=Desert

DataFile=desert_data.ini-------this chgs to mathc folder name ?

TargetFile=desert_targets.ini -------this chgs to mathc folder name ?

TargetTypeFile=desert_types.ini-------this chgs to mathc folder name ?

MovementFile=desert_movement.ini-------this chgs to mathc folder name ?

NationsFile=desert_nations.ini-------this chgs to mathc folder name ?

BriefingText=desert_briefing.ini-------this chgs to mathc folder name ?

DogfightFile=desert_dogfight.ini-------this chgs to mathc folder name ?

DogfightOnly=FALSE

GroundObjectTexture=tan

yes, and remember to rename the ini files accoring to new terrain folder name

Boy am I lost. What are people trying to do?