Nam' 71

gallery_12323_558_176181.jpg

gallery_12323_558_318372.jpg

gallery_12323_558_25059.jpg

gallery_12323_558_179282.jpg

Corsairs at work !

Gustav, great shots! :clapping:

Having fun with (waay overdone) normalmaps tests, yet to check specular mapping :blink:

Great pics Gustav, I especially love the last one, this angle of view gives a dramatic atmosphere to the pic.

Chapeau l'artiste! good.gif

Wow Stary!!!!

:lol: that looks perfectly Russian to me ... like it was built in a boiler factory by tractor mechanics!!

(reminds me of a MiG-17 I saw at McCellen AFBs museaum some years back .. the 'restorers' had used standard sheet metal screws to reattach some of the skin panels! Looked awfully odd with slot-head screws!!)

wrench

kevin stein

:lol: that looks perfectly Russian to me ... like it was built in a boiler factory by tractor mechanics!!

(reminds me of a MiG-17 I saw at McCellen AFBs museaum some years back .. the 'restorers' had used standard sheet metal screws to reattach some of the skin panels! Looked awfully odd with slot-head screws!!)

wrench

kevin stein

was it restorers or original soviet mechanic?:lol:

VFA-122 WIP

post-5735-063867300 1299210734.jpg

heh, in Soviet Russia all tractors had cannons :grin:

Looks like the way I would build it, overengineered so it would fly like a tank!

Oh...wait...

FC

great stuff Stary, I would play some more with bump maps, but it shows very nice !

great stuff Stary, I would play some more with bump maps, but it shows very nice !

Thanks Sony, it's quick and dirt lowres skin test, oh, and the rivets layout is all wrong currently :lol:

I'll have to re-map fuselage (again) to avoid stretching on top and bottom (simple side planar mapping shown)

Thanks Stary and FrankD !

As an ancient plastic modeller, your Mig-9, Stary, rather reminds me some old plastics models of the 80', accurate in shape but with rather heavy engraving, like kits from Revell or Matchbox ! :grin:

As an ancient plastic modeller (1:144) I can confirm :grin:

for Fast Cargo...

apparently, yes, you CAN get there. I'd pulled back the view for this shot, but I was right over that small island.

I"ll have to place something there*, fix the inlet on the Merritt river, and see if I run into (suspenseful music...) The Wall (sorry, can't do nothing about the barrier islands ... there's just no way to make them -- and make them resonably thin --had that same problem with the Texas map ..and THOSE were a nightmare!)

wrench

kevin stein

(*given the time frame intended, there's some V-2 launchers I can 'liberated' from the Euro WW2 map...)

(I really, really, TRUELY don't want to make river tiles for this map...)

Edited by Wrench
added an additonal gripe

Ooooh, OTC...tons of fond memories from SF1 days. That campaign actually got me into mud moving - combined with some "Oh, I've got fuel left...HEY, YOU THERE!" dogfights in the Hotrod.

I hate UVW unwrapping

I'd sooner drive a tent stake through the fleshy part of my scrotum before doing any UVW mapping or unwrapping...

Sadly, it's a occupational hazard of our chosen hobby.

:drinks:

I'd sooner drive a tent stake through the fleshy part of my scrotum before doing any UVW mapping or unwrapping...

:drinks:

Doing mostly static visualisations of buildings or urban projects as part of my studies and later my job, I never had need to unwrap before I became SF modder, jeez Zur this is PIA :heat:

FWOOSH!

post-5735-095602500 1299256072.jpg

for some a tent stake through the scrotum is a hobby too.........theres some oddballs in the world, but I wholeheartedly sympathise with the UV mapping issue, and for me it is compounded by the agony of actually painting the maps as well.

I've found that UVW Unwrpping in GMax is way more agonizing than in 3DS Max. In fact, the unwrapper in GMax frequently throws me into fits of rage that would even scare the Hulk or Hitler. *Cough*

for some a tent stake through the scrotum is a hobby too.........theres some oddballs in the world, but I wholeheartedly sympathize with the UV mapping issue, and for me it is compounded by the agony of actually painting the maps as well.

LOL!

For all the emotional and physical distress UVW work is to me... Applying textual artistry through texturing would then, to continue my lovely metaphor, would be like after having impaled my my fleshy man-sack to a fixed object, to then bolt upright and attempt to do jumping jacks.

I lovingly and honestly liken by texturing efforts to be the equivilent of an ADD child with fat crayons and hick-ups...

It's best just to let me play with the 3D shapes and leave the texturing stuff those far more talented than I... :drinks:

Edited by Zurawski

Green Phantom (it sounds like a name of Super Hero ! :grin: )

gallery_12323_558_229925.jpg

gallery_12323_558_118062.jpg

gallery_12323_558_175566.jpg

F-4G of VF-213 Vietnam 1966, skin by amariani. :cool:

Ok, all of my sources say VF-213 took the twelve navy F-4G's into combat in 1965, yet, the only picture I've found of this aircraft has VF-121 painted on its side!?

Ok, all of my sources say VF-213 took the twelve navy F-4G's into combat in 1965, yet, the only picture I've found of this aircraft has VF-121 painted on its side!?

Ok for 1965 ! Looking at your screens, I noticed that I forgot decals, too ! :oops::doh: