Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

It Hasn't Been Six Months But I Just Have To Share This !

Yeah, OFF has some, though not all, of the a/c one would need. What OFF doesn't have, I think Stump built. One could make a fairly creditable campaign, methinks.

Cheers

the shredder

Lou- If you are working on a Dardanelles Campaign (looking forward to this!) just let me throw out a point that came up when a fellow by the name of House Hobbit was creating some excellant missions for MAW (Polesti Bombing) flights into Romania. I, among others, was doing the beta testing for these missions, and it caused no end of frustration, untill Hobbit discovered the cause.

>>********* WARNING*********************************************

****YOU MUST SET THE Scenery Slider At 2 or 3

****You Must Set The Terrian Slider at 2 or 3

***Otherwise MAW will NOT Run in Romainia

A bug in the MAW setup exposed In the set up*****

OR YOUR MACHINE WILL CRASH While Trying To Fly In Romaina

Don't know if this holds true for Turkey as well, but it may be something you want to look out for.

Regards,

Royce

Ahem... http://www.century-o...%20war/turk.htm

Albatross B1

Rumpler B1

Farman HF20

Sopwith Tabloid Floatplane

Gotha

Gotha WD2 Seaplanes

Be 2

Morones (???)

Not sure how well researched the link actually is, but seems fairly well informed. Need some ships & balloons too....

Edited by Flyby PC

Morones

Are these the guys who executed the Gallipoli operation on the Entente side? (Sorry, but I couldn't resist when I saw that typo.) :grin:

I will out myself as one with no historical knowledge about WW1 here now:

what exactly happened in the "Dardanelles Campaign"?

Quite a bit Olham. In particular the first use of an aircraft carrier in a war campaign; the HMS Ark Royal.

cptroyce, thanks for the heads-up on that glitch Sir, much appreciated. And for all those who don't recall this project, here are three videos I did showing various stages of my work:

Dardanelles Project Video 1: Sorting Out The Short Float Plane, Shore Guns, And The HMS Ark Royal

Dardanelles Project Video 2: Testing The Fort Guns

Dardanelles Project Video 3: Fort Work Continues

Cheers!

Lou

Lou- Those videos are terrific!!!!!!!!!.

How long have you been working on the Dardenelles Campaign?

What a great addition to OFF this will be. Love that fort, too! You could place a fort or two in the desert in the MAW map (Algeria, Tunisia..) -----------French Foreign Legion missions?? drinks.gif

Regards,

Royce

Edited by cptroyce

Royce,

I started on the Dardanelles idea about a year ago and have puttered along with it in my spare time. The Short Torpedo Bomber is of course one of the early OFF planes from the first phase, and the HMS Ark Royal is actually Rob's HMS Furious repaint of Corrado La Posta's HMS Eagle model. The forts are my creation, and I came up with a method of using four stock OFF buildings which I repainted to look like fort parts, which I then assemble as I please to create as needed. A few months back I did turn over the fort files to Stumpjumper so that he could make use of them in a few MP missions. I am now hoping to get back to this work soon, and with the added bonus of MAW I am getting some excitement back in this project.

Duce, no specific MAW forum that I can find, but there are missions and other MAW resources and such posted over at Sim Outhouse.

Cheers!

Lou

Welp, I got it all loaded up and patched, (and amazed at the interiors of some of their planes) and I noticed something right off the bat. The guns on these old birds are now like the ones in First Eagles. I mean just a couple of shots and you blow the enemy apart. Set at the normal setting they would make a N11 the killer of the skies with the paltry number of bullet they get. A DVII or a SE5 could easily take out a Gotha at long range without working up a sweat.

It is a lot of fun, and the change of scenery is rather entertaining. It will be interesting to see missions written for this platform.

Oh, by the way I have the vid setting at all 5 and it runs smoothly with a high frame rate.

Beard

Duce, no specific MAW forum that I can find, but there are missions and other MAW resources and such posted over at Sim Outhouse.

That's sad, I can remember when MAW was humming along right beside OFF

Boys of 60 would fly both and it looked like it would have a bright future too

Sigh! heat.gif

Duce - I believe the MAW team moved on after their creative force passed away.

MAW was such a beautifully creative piece, that no one wanted the original altered by others. The original files or discs with the files were destroyed as I recall. (If anyone has a better recollection of the facts regarding MAW, please correct)

I have fly MAW as intended and our with OFF a/c...I still enjoy it immensely!

Regards,

Royce

Ahem... http://www.century-o...%20war/turk.htm

Albatross B1

Rumpler B1

Farman HF20

Sopwith Tabloid Floatplane

Gotha

Gotha WD2 Seaplanes

Be 2

Morones (???)

Not sure how well researched the link actually is, but seems fairly well informed. Need some ships & balloons too....

What I was suggesting, if the MAW terrain reaches that far north, is an Italian campaign...

Hi Lou

Welcome back..great to see you are still finding time to come up with Innovative Ideas for the purveyors of our favourite sim!

I had actually flown a WW1 dogfight in MAW before...Never really pursued it, as had no idea about the History....but will have another look now

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Hi Lou

Welcome back..great to see you are still finding time to come up with Innovative Ideas for the purveyors of our favourite sim!

I had actually flown a WW1 dogfight in MAW before...Never really pursued it, as had no idea about the History....but will have another look now

Just remember that the AI and the FM will not be as it is in OFF of course...

WM

Excellent point Winder, and I had noticed that the AI were not nearly as aggresive flying the OFF planes in MAW. Also, as Burning Beard noted, the guns are much stronger than they should be. However, all the OFF planes I have flown so far in the MAW set-up seem to handle the same as they do in OFF. For my Dardanelles work it will be less of an issue as there are very, very few dogfights in that early war camapign. Mainly recce, gun ranging, and bombing.

Cheers!

Lou

Excellent point Winder, and I had noticed that the AI were not nearly as aggresive flying the OFF planes in MAW. Also, as Burning Beard noted, the guns are much stronger than they should be. However, all the OFF planes I have flown so far in the MAW set-up seem to handle the same as they do in OFF. For my Dardanelles work it will be less of an issue as there are very, very few dogfights in that early war camapign. Mainly recce, gun ranging, and bombing.

Cheers!

Lou

Yes the CFS3 AI just cannot handle the FM in many scenarios - Take-off being another one above and beyond DF...esp on the lower powered craft.

Player wise the FM will feel O.K - its the AI. Thats where OFF makes a huge difference.

Basically the craft will work in CFS3/MAW/Korea etc - the AI will be the main issue.

WM

Roger that Winder, and thanks again Sir for this valuable input, it is very much appreciated as my knowledge of such things wouldn't fill a thimble.

Shredward, an Italian campaign in OFF would be super, and I know Olham and others have been hoping for that for some time now.

Hi ya Widowmaker and thanks for the welcome back, but it will be rather brief. However, at this point I believe I will make a habit of stopping by with the odd bit of info in between RL responsibilties and crisies.

Cheers!

Lou

Duce - I believe the MAW team moved on after their creative force passed away.

MAW was such a beautifully creative piece, that no one wanted the original altered by others. The original files or discs with the files were destroyed as I recall. (If anyone has a better recollection of the facts regarding MAW, please correct)

Regards,

Royce

All true, alas!