At this rate, Little Louie will be in the old people's home before P4 is released. :biggrin:

Thanks so much RAF for a little humor to go with our despondent outlook at this, the merry time of the year.

Cheers,

Britisheh

Christmas greetings etc,

Lor - still waiting eh. I've given up torturing myself

and am just happy with OFF. WOFF will be here eventually.

And when WOFF does finally hove into view, I hope I can hope

that the AI is fixed such that I can actually keep up with

my flight (don't fly as leader)on patrols ?

I know you blokes mainly fly as leader, but you should give

flying as "wingman" a go. I spend most of my time just trying

to keep formation. Bloody awful pilot though.

All the best for 2013.

RS

You have to wonder what is in store,after such a long wait

Hello there, Widowmaker,

I'm curious all right, but I have seen enough to

whet my appetite and I don't want to spoil the

delight/suprise when WOFF is unveiled in all its

glory.

I usually stay away from "WOFFLE' threads now:-)

On a slightly different note, memo to Devs:

I hope you get some real time off over the

holidays.

All the best.

RS

I know you blokes mainly fly as leader, but you should give flying as

"wingman" a go. I spend most of my time just trying to keep formation.

I know what you mean, Sid - I have started some of my carreers in Entente squadrons,

and it is damn hard to keep formation. I usually did a bit better, when I just followed

the others with my wingman (I always seemed to have 1 wingman), or flew outside

left ot right. But I guess this is very well simulated. I remember from reading books,

that formation flying was quite straining often.

Good F.K. Jentsch even had to flollow his Jasta some 400 - 500 Meter lower, being

the only pilot who had to fly the last Albatros D.II - all others had D.V !

I bet they had a lot to do with the flying already - not to speak of combat situations.

So it is no wonder, that combat often didn't last very long, before they separated

and flew home. In sims, it still seems to last too long.

But I read, that WOFF will bring some change here - that is a point I am really very

curious about: a much improved AI.

I just had a chilling thought: What if they've decided to mark the centennial as the release date? :ohmy:

I just had a chilling thought: What if they've decided to mark the centennial as the release date? :ohmy:

Yes, and maybe it's the 2018 centennial. :blink:

Yes, and maybe it's the 2018 centennial. :blink:

Jeez! Guys!!

If you keep me thinking that far ahead, I may have to consider changing my mailing address to my burial plot in order to receive my copy of WOFF!!! :grin:

I guess, for me, Olham,

the AI changes are the most anticipated.

I find flying as a No 2 almost completely

absorbing and far more challanging than

actual combat. But with the current AI it

is next to impossible to keep up with the

flight. It is something I accept as part of

the OFF world. A fix for this alone would

be a great improvement from my pov.

I think 2013 will be a very good year for

all things WOFF.

I find flying as a No 2 almost completely

absorbing and far more challanging than

actual combat. But with the current AI it

is next to impossible to keep up with the

flight. It is something I accept as part of

the OFF world. A fix for this alone would

be a great improvement from my pov.

The Empty Weight mod included in HPW's FM makes AI planes carry the weight of fuel and ammo to help you keep up with them.

I think 2013 will be a very good year for

all things WOFF.

Me too! But don't count OFF and 2012 out just yet--the mod community's working on a collective effort with some special surprises that I'm hoping can be released before the New Year. Stay tuned.

The Empty Weight mod included in HPW's FM makes AI planes carry the weight of fuel and ammo to help you keep up with them.

Me too! But don't count OFF and 2012 out just yet--the mod community's working on a collective effort with some special surprises that I'm hoping can be released before the New Year. Stay tuned.

Hey Lothar,

thanks, that sounds very interesting, I'll keep an eye out.

But, you know - me and mods, I understand nothing :doh: .

I am encouraged though. I just don't want to "break"

OFF now that I have it working so well.

("Break", I hasten to add, due to my own ignorance

and abysmal incompetance)

Cheers

Hi Lothar,

have loaded HPW mods, ENB bloom into jsgme, this includes HPWs FM 2.0 - does it have the empty weight mod you refer to ?

Only completed one mission with mods but like very much the improvements, Camel much better above 10,000 now but still

struggle to keep up, hence my question (course, this could well be down to my terrible flying).

Thank you Lothar and HPW for the mods :salute: .

RS

FM 2.0 is an old version of my mod. The current version is 3.1.

If you use OFFbase, Lothar's program should automatically download and install the correct version of the mod.

Only completed one mission with mods but like very much the improvements, Camel much better above 10,000 now but still

struggle to keep up, hence my question (course, this could well be down to my terrible flying).

Glad you like my Camel! As for trying to keep up with your squadmates, some of it is because I could not increase the empty weight of the AI planes too much without causing them to crash on takeoff, so they still have a bit of a weight advantage over the human player. The other part is learning the correct climb angle, speed, and fuel mixture settings for your particular aircraft. Unfortunately, even rookie AI pilots always know the exact settings to get the optimum performance out of their airplanes, so that is another advantage they have over us, I'm afraid. :sad:

Thanks very much, gentlemen,

I'll seek out the latest version.

Cheers

RS

I may be the minority, but I don't much mind the wait. Gives me time to finish up my Casey Joyce RAF campaign, which as of this writing I haven't touched in just over a year thanks to other non-flight sim games and my professional pursuits. If WOFF was announced with a definitive release date now I'd have to go back and quick finish his story, one way or the other ;)

Cheers to my OFF buddies btw. I know I don't post so much lately but I ghost the forums at least weekly.

Nice to see you, "ghost flyer". :bye:

FM 2.0 is an old version of my mod. The current version is 3.1.

If you use OFFbase, Lothar's program should automatically download and install the correct version of the mod.

Glad you like my Camel! As for trying to keep up with your squadmates, some of it is because I could not increase the empty weight of the AI planes too much without causing them to crash on takeoff, so they still have a bit of a weight advantage over the human player. The other part is learning the correct climb angle, speed, and fuel mixture settings for your particular aircraft. Unfortunately, even rookie AI pilots always know the exact settings to get the optimum performance out of their airplanes, so that is another advantage they have over us, I'm afraid. :sad:

Hi HPW,

yes, I'm a pretty awful flyer. But it is much easier now to stay within cooee, has immeasurably improved the sim imo.

One little thing (and forgive me if this is not the appropriate thread) to do with Camel engine revs: in level flight at full

throttle revs show as 1850, that can't be right can it ? Not for a Clerget anyway.

Incidentally, did you see Bletchley's most informative posts abt Camel engine variants over at the Aerodrome ?

Thanks again to you and Lohar, the mods have transformed the sim and given a little fortaste of WOFF :biggrin: .

RS

But it is much easier now to stay within cooee, has immeasurably improved the sim imo.

What is "cooee"?

What is "cooee"?

Apologies, Hauksbee,

for the colloquialism.

"Cooee"= within hailing distance.

In terms of OFF I meant staying in touch with

the flight - less than approx 700 m/yds away.

Hth

RS

...for the colloquialism, Cooee"= within hailing distance.

I*'ve heard it, or similar, used in some English films, and others set in Ireland, where somebody called out to get anothers attention. I'm assuming this is the same?

That's right, Hauksbee,

a cooee can carry a fair distance I believe.

Useful in the olden days.

RS