how about having a briefing the evening before like it was in real? so you'll know that dawnpatrol is to strafe a balloon or something. maybe also a kind of weather forecast to know what to expect before you accept the mission.

what also would be cool is to have scrambles, but not like it is now, but instead like it was in real. the pilots sitting in their flyingcoat, drinking coffee, waiting for a phonering where it's told that x numbers of bombers were sighted near arras etc., and then go up to intercept them.

also i would like to see formations together with historical pilots, not as two groups.

also missions where one can choose who to fly with and with how many, if the leader, instead of getting something generated.

just a thought. porbably in the p4 plans anyway bye.gif

how about having a briefing the evening before like it was in real? so you'll know that dawnpatrol is to strafe a balloon or something. maybe also a kind of weather forecast to know what to expect before you accept the mission.

How about a pop up chalkboard that lists out all of these details.

also i would like to see formations together with historical pilots, not as two groups.

Indeed - we all want to fly w/ the aces - and have them fly with us. :grin:

also missions where one can choose who to fly with and with how many, if the leader, instead of getting something generated.

Now that would be a GREAT feature.

porbably in the p4 plans anyway

Well, that ia a given. :salute:

>>also missions where one can choose who to fly with and with how many, if the leader, instead of getting something generated.<<

IIRC, this was in RB3 and it was a very nice feature.

Royce

>>also missions where one can choose who to fly with and with how many, if the leader, instead of getting something generated.<<

IIRC, this was in RB3 and it was a very nice feature.

Royce

i think that's sooner or later the goal the devs are going to achieve. to have about the same mission management as in rb3d, which was IMO the best. different missions for squadmembers (one group goes for patrol, another goes balloon hunting etc.) where you could even meet the other group coincidentally in the air if the time and area crosses. if you are the leader you could choose and shuffle the groups together, if too many AC get shot down some of the pilots had to wait some days till the new AC arrive. all those little things which makes a campaign so immersive. good.gif

I think most people would like to see the campaign manager evolve in the direction of RB3D, particularly the squadron management side of the sim. Let's just hope that it's possible to do it with CFS3.

But with the current extreme casualty figures caused by the AI's tendency to always fight to the death, a dynamic squadron management system similar to RB3D would feel very unrealistic. We'd lose all of our pilots in a couple of days. So in that sense the current system is better, because it takes longer for pilots to become casualties, no matter how many of them die in the actual missions. But if the AI behaviour is improved even more in P4 and we see less deadly battles, the current system should of course be changed too.

I'd also like to see a different management system for non-fighter squadrons in P4. Currently in P3 it doesn't make much sense that a two-seater squadron behaves like a fighter unit, with all the pilots getting claims and kills continuosly and in every way acting like they are in a fighter squadron.

I find the radar to be an immersion killer but necessary against the enemy AI. In P4 I'd like to see the radar eliminated. Instead, my flight mates would waggle their wings, blip engines, or fire off a short burst to get my attention before an impending AI attack. Along with these actions a brieft text message would appear giving me the general direction of the enemy and whatever other information could be conveyed from plane to plane in those early days. This method would also make it more important to keep your flight intact and keep as many eyes as possible serving as lookouts.

I find the radar to be an immersion killer but necessary against the enemy AI. In P4 I'd like to see the radar eliminated. Instead, my flight mates would waggle their wings, blip engines, or fire off a short burst to get my attention before an impending AI attack. Along with these actions a brieft text message would appear giving me the general direction of the enemy and whatever other information could be conveyed from plane to plane in those early days. This method would also make it more important to keep your flight intact and keep as many eyes as possible serving as lookouts.

I think the radar (TAC) screen doesn't have to be removed completely. It can already be switched off if one wants to fly with more immersion, or you can make it show something else than aircraft - it makes a useful waypoint guide when switched to show ships, for example, as they don't exist in OFF, so you see nothing but the waypoint lines. And also one of OFF's greatest strengths is that the sim can be tailored for every kind of player with the workshop options. For beginner pilots or those who don't want to be hardcore all the time, the TAC is definitely useful.

Otherwise I agree with your post. Would be really nice to see the wingmen react more realistically to the environment.

It was true before HitR and I'd guess it is now, If flying lead then, with radar off, if you press whatever you have assigned as the 'Attack' order (default 'A') from time to time your wingmen will respond and go charging after enemies IF there are any in radar range. It's not perfect and it's without finesse but it's the nearest you'll get to wing-waggling or short warning bursts.

On the same theme, and because the OFF team have done wonders with it already, I'd like to see friendly archie lobbing a few 'pointer rounds' into the sky near you to let you know the direction of the near enemy... as they used to do in the day.

Edited by Dej

P4 wish list?

I think wingman who could rock their planes to warn of something would be awesome for immersion, but I don't think I could even ask the Devs to do something like that. I have no idea if that could even be done.

Of course, heavy bombers on both sides would absolutely rock.

Maybe have another go at trying to prevent the game from kicking you out to the manager shell immediately upon being killed instead of letting you take the long ride down. - kills the immersion a little

I'd still like some additions to the Quick Combat options where you could choose to have the enemy appear a Random altitude above or below you and Random Advantage or Disadvantage for positioning. (I know, QC isn't the point of the game - no worries)

Planes to fill in some gaps, such as something on the Allied side to fly against the Fokker EIIIs that would be more evenly matched to them. That would make early year campaigns much more exciting.

After that the list really just starts to get silly. Like a seperate game for escaping from behind enemy lines. And perhaps squadron drinking contests after someone becomes an ACE? ha ha.

Seriously, the flight sim has so much going for it now that I have no idea how much more they can improve the damn thing short of just adding more planes. However, I have learn to always be pleasantly suprised from these guys. I have no reason to expect anything different this time.

Hellshade

I'd like to see the Duty Room updated a bit

Separate the pilots into A & B Flights

Add Drop Downs next to each B Flight member so we can assign wimgmates

List each AI pilots skill level and increase if they survive longer

As far as Squadron / Wingman stuff, I'd like to see more of a link between Squadron mate fates and their in game fates, so if they die - they die, if not - they dont, maybe as a workshop option for those that prefer the current system - other than that it'd be nice to have the personal skin system updated so that you can select skins for each of your Squadron mates - obviously in real life you wouldn't pick their paint schemes, but it'd be nice to be able to make skins for your wingmen, for a bit more character and easier identification in the air.

How about having it so that the Flight leader(s) have pennants atached to their wing struts for identification?

good.gif This might be a long wish list. actually, I agree with all of you. Things Id luv to see in off. The long death rides when you do something dumb

Improvement in AI and what happens to them.

More Ops in quick combat and Fill in the missing aircraft already named in the

game.

A Campaign Manager where we can set up flights along the RB lines

Ring sights and or other goodies as we contiue to fly in the world of OFF.

( maybe be assigned a plane Jane or lesser performing aircraft till you make

Ace). grin.gif

Guys I am reading these... excuse me if I don't comment either way.

Best

WM

Winder,

Thanks for reading the "Thoughts about P4"

My wish is that P4 will be released tomorrow.

Cheers

m

grin.gif

Best

WM

Winder, it's great to know we're getting consideration

I think we all understand the need for no reponse good.gif

Rock on,

Best

WM

thank you. i think comments are not required. it's more of a compilation of ideas wich are maybe not too unrealistic to implement and for letting you know as some ideas.

maybe for campaigns, to make the active pilot more precious, a new pilot has to make some trainingmissions (strafing runs, bombdropping etc., landing with engine switched off etc.) first to earn his "wings" and then he gets transferred.

every nation should be able to drive a car or go by bicycle. maybe even in a campaign to visit a crashsite. that would be cool.

every AC should be able to carry flares, as it was in real. maybe also making AI giving signals.

Great to know, again, that OBD is watching and listening. Best wishes with the ongoing work of P4. Good suggestions guys.

another thing which fells into my mind is the claimform.

one should always be able to claim something. wether he had a kill or not. if the claimform only appears when having a kill, then there is no reason to get it denied, because the appearence of the claimform itself is already a confirmation.

also one shouldn't be forced to write in witnesses. only the circumstances ( maybe with historical sheets?).

the witnesses who saw it (fellow pilots, ground units, soldiers, observers etc.) should be mentioned automatically at the confirmation, (not in the claimform, e.G. your claim on date was witnessed by ground units or by pilot xy and therefore we confirm it blah). if it's denied, then because of no witnesses or because witnesses have seen something else.

mostly it wasn't ones job to find witnesses. the witnesses were there and have raised their hand, or there was a phonering hours later where somebody of another weapon has confirmed it.

just one more idea good.gif

Another thing which fells into my mind is the claimform...

just one more idea good.gif

...and a good one it is too! :good:

another thing which fells into my mind is the claimform.

one should always be able to claim something. wether he had a kill or not. if the claimform only appears when having a kill, then there is no reason to get it denied, because the appearence of the claimform itself is already a confirmation.

+1

Other ideas:

1. Belgian ops

2. Schlachtflieger ops

3. Multi-engine bomber ops

4. Historically accurate airfields

5. Fix the Albatros D-series throttle; i.e., its proper location on the control column, and the removal of the egregious five+ second lag between throttle application and engine response

6. Engine RPM affects rate-of-fire

7. Props can be damaged by gunfire and shrapnel

8. Parachutes for late-war Germans

+1

Other ideas:

1. Belgian ops

Guessing this will be in.

2. Schlachtflieger ops

Guessing not - too time consuming to do properly.

5. Fix the Albatros D-series throttle; i.e., its proper location on the control column, and the removal of the egregious five+ second lag between throttle application and engine response

Good one.

Doubtfull - too difficult to code.

That would be awesome.

Again, that would be awesome - and realisitc - and possible from a coding perspective.

500th post - only took me 5 years!! :drinks:

Edited by Barkhorn1x

+1

Other ideas:

1. Belgian ops

2. Schlachtflieger ops

good ideas good.gif

5. would be great. additionally having brakes (no real brakes of course but like having those sockets) where you can fire up your engine to get it warmed up without rolling forward.

6. at least for german spandaus. but i don't think that's possible because currently even the prop doesn't get slower when stalling. i think it's coded unfortunately.

8. parachutes are in there. just hit 3 x O. but it's not historical accurate, only for germans from spring 1918 on it would be. then after bailing out throwing a dice, where 1/3 of the times it doesn't open.

I think the current claim form is perfect and I enjoy filling it in. Maybe its because I don't know of any better.

M

8. parachutes are in there. just hit 3 x O. but it's not historical accurate, only for germans from spring 1918 on it would be. then after bailing out throwing a dice, where 1/3 of the times it doesn't open.

Tell me more please.

Is this legacy code from CFS3?

If you bail do you survive 100% of the time - and then have to use the honor system to deterine your fate?

I think the current claim form is perfect and I enjoy filling it in. Maybe its because I don't know of any better.

M

Oh, I enjoy filling it in too - but the suggestion is to have it available as an option after every mission and let the player decide when to use it:

- French flyers = only if you observe a the crash

- German flyers = only if you observe the crash

- American flyers = only if you observe an enemy plane lose altitude

- English flyers = whenever you see an enemy plane :lol: