Sign in to follow this  
Dave

NATO Fighters 4+ Patch Post Dec 2009 Patch Level

NATO Fighters 4+ Patch Post Dec 2009 Patch Level

Thanks to eburger68 for the incredible work he did on getting this updated. Thank you sir.

Dave (USAFMTL)
-------------------------------------------
NATO Fighters IV+: Post-Dec2009 Update Pack
-------------------------------------------

This package contains an update pack for the NATO Fighters IV+ (NF4+) add-on designed for "Strike Fighters 2: Europe" (SF2E) from ThirdWire. It does several things:

1) Updates the NF4+ add-on for use with the SF2E
Dec2009 & later patch levels.

2) Adds several new aircraft and AAA objects.

3) Adds a number of new textures to existing aircraft.

4) Fixes or updates numerous other files in the
original NF4+ mod.

This update pack should be applied to SF2E/NF4+ installations that are patched to the Dec2009 or later patch level, including Feb2010, Mar2010, or May2010. If you are running SF2E at the Jun2009b patch level and do NOT intend to update to one of the later patch levels mentioned above, you should NOT apply this update pack.

To get to the original NF4+ files you need to go here:
http://combatace.com/files/category/407-sf2-series-add-on-missions-and-campaigns/

Changes, Fixes, & Additions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Aircraft
------------
- Canberra B(1)8: added
- F-4M_80_TMF: added
- F-4M_85_TMF: added
- F-4JUK: added
- Su-24: added

Upgraded Aircraft
-----------------
- B-57B : made flyable
- EF-111A: updated LODs
- F-111D: updated LODs
- F-111F: updated LODs; added missing SLIMER.TGA to skins
- F-4D: added USAFGrey1 skin
- F-4D_67: added USAFGrey1 skin
- F-4D_75: subbed Sundowner's USAFCamo1 textures
- F-4D_78: subbed Sundowner's USAFCamo1 textures
- F-4D_78: added USAFGreen1 skin
- F-4E_75: subbed Sundowner's USAFCamo1/2 textures
- F-4E_78: subbed Sundowner's USAFCamo1/2 textures
- F-4E_78: added USAFGreen1 & USAFGrey1 skins
- F-4G_85: added 81st TFS skin
- F-4M: added custom sounds
- F-4M_75: added custom sounds; adjusted USERLIST.INI
- F-16A Block 1: added Kreelin's Sep. 2008 fm
- F-84F_MF: added ThirdWire SF2 flight model
- Jaguar GR.1: added 2 RAF skin; tweaked names of others
- Mirage 5BA/IIIC/IIIE: added ThirdWire SF2 flight models
- Mirage IIIC: added BleuDA skin
- RF-84F: added French skin (sans Suez stripes)
- RF-84F: added 52c skin (per Campaign 1)
- Tornado GR.1A: added 14 sqn skin
- Other: added new hangar/loading screens, loadout images,
UserLists, destroyed models, & damage holes to aircraft
as appropriate/needed

Other Updates
-------------
- Campaigns 1-4: updated & corrected
- Flight: added sight textures for F-117A, AV-8B, & Su-25
for adjusted years
- AAA: updated ground units & guns; added tracers
- AAA: added Gepard, M-167 VADS, & M-42 Duster
- AAA: added ZPU-4 & ZiL-157 ZPU-1
- EnvironmentSystem: re-configured cloud layers to eliminate
unsightly clipping
- Terrain: added LimitedNations statement to main .INI; added
Spain & USMC to Nations.INI
- Other: added a number of weapons, pilots, guns, & sounds
either to support new aircraft or to fill in previously
missing items

General SF2 post-Dec2009 Updates
--------------------------------
- Hangar/Loading Screens: converted to .JPG format
- Loadout Images: coverted to .TGA format
- Damage Holes: changed to .DDS on default aircraft
- F-4 DATA.INIs: updated to use new node names
- Cockpit Positions: checked & updated as needed
- HUD/DTVFilter Materials: added & updated as needed
- Effects: added proper shaders to all effects
- EnvironmentSystem: added proper Dec2009 shaders & new
environment parameters
- Menu Screens: coverted to .JPG format
- Non-decal TGAs: copied to aircraft texture folders

** Please note that this update package includes all the fixes and updates from the "NF4+ Fixpack & AAA Add-on" released in Oct. 2009.

~~~~~~~
Credits
~~~~~~~

As noted above, this update pack adds a number of new items to the NF4+ add-on. These new items are from the following modders, who generously allowed their use:

The Mirage Factory & Sundowner ...... F-4M_80, F-4M_85, F-4JUK
Sundowner ........................... new USAF F-4 skins
Ahmed Junaid Raza ................... Canberra B(1)8
Veltro2K, Lindr2, & Tunderchief ..... Su-24 Fencer
FastCargo ........................... updated E/F-111 lods
Suicidal/Banidos Team ............... M-167 VADS
Gabilon & MiGMaster ................. Gepard
Kesselbrut .......................... ZiL-157 ZPU-1
Kreelin ............................. F-16A Block 1 flight model

Credit for the original NF4+ add-on goes to Column 5, Dave (USAFMTL), hgbn and the rest of the NF4+ team. For a list of all the modders whose work is used in the complete NF4+ add-on, see the original ReadMes included in \OriginalReadmes.

Thanks to Crusader and Brain32 for assistance putting this update pack together.

If we have neglected to credit anyone here, please let us know. We will get it fixed ASAP.

I installed a fresh new install for this update and am having some issues. I did everythign by the book, or so i think and this is what i get. Any ideas?

img00001sc.jpg

Thank you!

Its a known issue, that has been discussed many many times. TK knows.

Oh oki. My bad. Thank you.

I hope you feel better Dave! :drinks:

bigstone:

No, this mod is for SF2E only. For WOE you can use the original NATO Fighters series of mods available at Column5' site:

http://column5.us/campaigns.shtml

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

OK I am going to get me a new copy of SFP2 Europe. What patches should I install in order to get to this patch? I want to know the right NATO Fighters 4+ patches to install first before I install this patch... I do not want to get my installation porked and do the dance. Thank you

Also can we use ODS as well with this?

bigstone:

After you install SF2E run it once and check the patch level listed in the bottom right corner of the main screen. TK may have already updated the downloadable installers to the latest patch level (June 2010). If it's not at June 2010, then download the June 2010 patch for SF2 and install it. At that point you're ready to install NATO Fighters 4+ and the Update package.

ODS is a separate mod package that has not been updated for SF2E.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Okay, sorry, but I'm confused. I put the 4 NATO folders where the install instructions said. The first two in the main folder and the aircraft in the objects folder. Then the patch says to put it in the MODS folder which I don't have. So why would the patch go in MODS folder and the main files in the main SF folders? I'm confused!

Okay, sorry, but I'm confused. I put the 4 NATO folders where the install instructions said. The first two in the main folder and the aircraft in the objects folder. Then the patch says to put it in the MODS folder which I don't have. So why would the patch go in MODS folder and the main files in the main SF folders? I'm confused!

Step 1 copy the Strike Fighters 2 Europe exe. Rename the exe to whatever you want.

Step 2 Run the Exe you just renamed once. When the game has started up. Quit the game and you have created a separate install with its own "mod" folder which in my case looks like this C:\Users\Henrik\Saved Games\ThirdWire\Natofighters 4+

All NF4+ files should be placed in the mod folder. Not only the patch

Edited by hgbn

The" mods" folder is the main SF folders, just everyone calls it the"mods" folder. Sorry if we confused you.

Great! Thanks for the help! So hgbn, the way you explained it will make a separate install for NATO Fighters?

Okay, I think I have it installed correct. I get the NATO +4 screen on start up. So are the campaigns the same as for SF2E or are there supposed to be something different for NATO Fighters? All I have in the campaigns is the same as SF2E.

There is one called Red Storm and that is the bonus campaign. The rest are the same as stock, however highly modified. Fly them all, you will love it. The goal was to make SF2E that much fun by adding to the existing campaigns that Tk didnt have the time for.

There is one called Red Storm and that is the bonus campaign. The rest are the same as stock, however highly modified. Fly them all, you will love it. The goal was to make SF2E that much fun by adding to the existing campaigns that Tk didnt have the time for.

Thanks, Dave. Incredible work by you and your group. Also your help is always appreciated. :)

Great! Thanks for the help! So hgbn, the way you explained it will make a separate install for NATO Fighters?

That would be correct :good:

That's the beauty of the new series, So easy to create a separate install for different mods.

Thanks for this guys! I noticed now though my terrain has 50ft ceral boxes with a big X on them placed randomly across the countryside. Anyone concurr? Anyway well done. :drinks:

I have seen it too, its in game cereal adds. :rofl:

Hi guys,

Just a quick questian about this great mod: How has the Soviet SAM threat in Nato fighters 4 been increased/changed? And can the add on SAM's avalible for download here be added to the mod or will they 'upset' the way the mod works in some way?

Cheers,

Dan.

Dude there are so many SAM's and AAA sites, that you will have plenty of chances to ride the silk elevator.

There are plentiful S-300's about.

They are a great cause for concern, especially if you are stationed on an aircraft carrier and have to cross broad expanses

to rough up the Eastern block buggers.

The rest of their slimy stuff will keep things interesting as well...

Hi guys,

I am having an issue with what I think are ment to be windmills showing up in my NF4 install. I can’t attach an image in this topic so have posted my problem and a picture in the 'Uploading NF4+ Now ' topic in the ‘Thirdwire SF2/SF2:V/SF2:E/SF2:I - Mission & Campaign Building' section.

http://combatace.com/topic/48928-uploading-nf4-now/page__st__100

Thanks,

Dan.

Hi guys,

I am having an issue with what I think are ment to be windmills showing up in my NF4 install. I can’t attach an image in this topic so have posted my problem and a picture in the 'Uploading NF4+ Now ' topic in the ‘Thirdwire SF2/SF2:V/SF2:E/SF2:I - Mission & Campaign Building' section.

http://combatace.com...w/page__st__100

Thanks,

Dan.

I had exactly same issue when i added Stary's HR Germany repaint textures without his ini nad tod files! Are you using Stary's HR GermanyCE upgrade?