Sign in to follow this  
ace888

Future New and Updated Mods/Campaign from Combatace?

The endless great product provided by people at Combatace.

What is around the corner for SF2 version?

Is it safe to say the following is in WIP?

Korean Air War

Falkland 1982

Operation Desert Storm

Iran-Irag War

Indo-Pak War

Battle of Britain

Battle of Midway

Flying Tigers

and many more?

Thanks to anyone if they can share some light as to the wonderful products that will be coming out grin.gif

I think you can pretty much write off the WW2 stuff, until the FMs are all upgraded to at least 08 1stGen standards, and the new propeller issue is resolved. There are also LOD issues now cropping up in SF2 that never showed before in 1stGens. Meaning: all the damn things need rebuilding

Horrible thing to hear from the Head Prop Head, huh? But, facts is facts... NOBODY is more adamant about getting a good WW2 mod set going for SF2 then me ...I've already got over 5 years invested in WW2 1stGen stuff, and really REALLLY want good, solid, working "things" for my WW2 playgrounds. (makes me wanna weep sometimes...)

---

As to terrains, don't forget Central America, MidWest USA and I'm certain one or 2 others....

I'd love to do something around South Africa, but can't find a good DEM to start from.

wrench

kevin stein

I'd say the long overdue Anatolian terrain will be out in around 2 months.

With a 70s Turkish/Greek campaign following closely the release.

Edited by pureblue

Great news!!!!

You mean in around 2 weeks? :grin:

Like Wrench, I would love to see the WW2 stuff updated for SF2, especially the old BoB and Midway campaigns.

Funnily enough I flew a mission off the deck of Enterprise the other night on my '06 level PTO install as part of Midway campaign. Great fun, but really brought home to me how much SF2 has moved on from those days.

And the full naval combat with destroyable carriers which TK has said will be introduced with SF2:Tomcat makes me drool at the thought of SF2 level WW2 carrier campaigns.

But, without SF2 level 3d models and FM/DMs, that's a no-go for now :dntknw:

well in KAW there going these props in SF2 standrars Yak-9U/P Tu-2 and La-9/11 whit new models the problem his im making then so they may not be has good has they cloud be if made by beter 3d guy there outer props in this mod since im making them im not reaveling them.

Cocas

And the full naval combat with destroyable carriers which TK has said will be introduced with SF2:Tomcat makes me drool at the thought of SF2 level WW2 carrier campaigns.

Pic or it didn't happened! :shock:

That's some fantastic news Baltika! And I fully agree, some of now say 5 years old ww2 models are simply low in terms of polycount and visual appearance :sad: not to mention FM thingy...

Edit: No, I don't want to discredit any of the fantastic planes we have had soo much fun with, but sadly time goes on, I hope you understand me

Remember, I'm a prophead too :wink:

Edited by Stary

The endless great product provided by people at Combatace.

What is around the corner for SF2 version?

Is it safe to say the following is in WIP?

Korean Air War

Falkland 1982

Operation Desert Storm

Iran-Irag War

Indo-Pak War

Battle of Britain

Battle of Midway

Flying Tigers

and many more?

Thanks to anyone if they can share some light as to the wonderful products that will be coming out grin.gif

Is there actually a campaign mode for Indo-Pak War in SF1? Could someone kindly provide a link? Thanks.

no only standy in the donwload seccion faziias or someting like eagles but it use stock desert map real Indo-pakistan mod his in the works for SF2

Cocas

Is there actually a campaign mode for Indo-Pak War in SF1? Could someone kindly provide a link? Thanks.

The Indo-Pak mod is for SF2 only. Requies much that's only in SF2

The "Fizah Eagles" campaing cocas mentions probably won't work in even 08 level 1stGens ... waaaay to old and out of date

wrench

kevin stein

And the same goes for KAW..... If you want to play it when it be released.... Then you'll need to move on to the next level... It simply can't be backdated

I'm slowly updating the Super Hornet SF2 mod and working on the VF-2 OIF Tomcat skin, that's about it right now.

Pic or it didn't happened! :shock:

That's some fantastic news Baltika! And I fully agree, some of now say 5 years old ww2 models are simply low in terms of polycount and visual appearance :sad: not to mention FM thingy...

Edit: No, I don't want to discredit any of the fantastic planes we have had soo much fun with, but sadly time goes on, I hope you understand me

Remember, I'm a prophead too :wink:

Stary, I remember you are one of the original propheads - I still use your WW2 effects on my installs :drinks:

As for destructible carriers, this from TK:-

Re: What's next?

by TK » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:43 pm

Well, F-14's main mission is fleet defense, and we can't do that properly with unsinkable carriers...

TK

--

TK

Ace

E-mail TKWebsite

To see it, look on Thirdwire website forum, General Discussion, Thread "What's next?" at page 28,about 2/3 way down. More of a hint, he has not elaborated on this in any way so far as I recall - but what a hint :yikes:

Cheers mate,

Slàinte mhòr!

Baltika

Stary, I remember you are one of the original propheads - I still use your WW2 effects on my installs :drinks:

As for destructible carriers, this from TK:-

Re: What's next?

by TK » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:43 pm

Well, F-14's main mission is fleet defense, and we can't do that properly with unsinkable carriers...

TK

--

TK

Ace

E-mail TKWebsite

To see it, look on Thirdwire website forum, General Discussion, Thread "What's next?" at page 28,about 2/3 way down. More of a hint, he has not elaborated on this in any way so far as I recall - but what a hint :yikes:

Cheers mate,

Slàinte mhòr!

Baltika

TK.. allways dropping some insights here and there... reading between the lines is the best way to get the picture I guess.

Thanks for info my friend!

Slàinte!

Stary

O ok. Thanks for the replies guys (Cocas, Wrench, hgbn).

Edited by WLJet