SR-71A UPGRADE PACKAGE

THE SR-71A UPGRADE PACK for TW’s SF-2 series sims.

READ CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS

1)DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE SR-71A MODEL

Is hosted at A-Team's site ,(This package doesn’t contain any LODS.)If you can't give me a call.

2)INSTALL INTO YOUR FAVOURITE GAME MODS FOLDER

(Respecting the folder tree structure for Sounds,Effects,Flight and Objects with its subfolders Aircrafts,Decals and Pilots)

3)PUT THE LODS INTO YOUR SR-71A EARLY AND LATE FOLDERS

(Otherwise model won’t appear)

4)FLY!

TECHNICAL INFOS:

Press P to activate canopies

Press R to activate RSO and radar cycle button to operate his cameras (once activated a square appears on top right of your screen,cause pilot's cockpit doesn't have any camera screen)

Press S to activate drag chute

NOTES:

This package contains 2 aircrafts folders the SR-71A Early and the SR-71A Late.

The first splits the the Blackbird’s life from the beginning to early 80’s,the second from 1982 to the end of it’s career in 1997-98 including late 90’s airframes reactivations.

This was made to let you use the respective style numbers and markings (early whites and late reds) and let the crews wear both early white and late pale orange David Clark S-1030 suits.

Most of the skins are standalones aircrafts,USAF EARLY and USAF LATE are decalled to include many planes for AC type.

Also included in SR-71A Early are Nam Kadena’s Habus (ICHI BAN,RAPID RABBIT,ROSEMARY’S BABY SAN) made for your SF-2V and SF-2VXP Pack installs.

Splitted in these folders are included NASA’s birds too from the early YF-12C to the late plane that made the last historic flight.

There's no pictures regarding real RSO screen sight,the .tga included is a mix between Alphasim's and the Call of Duty Black Ops Sr-71 mission image that inspired me drawing it like that.

Model also can be used For TW's first gen users(just putting the decals inside the respective skin folders and pilots in Aircraft folder)

CREDITS:

CPL Engineering for the model

Alphasim for the original freeware FS-2004 SR-71A

Amokfloo for the 3D pilots

Torno for the skin layout

Spillone 104 to help me converting the plane sounds an pilot bits

Pasko and Ordway for the F-106/102 pit base

FastCargo and his Eagle team for the Eagle AB effects that I've used as a base for the Habu's

JAT 81500 and Starfighter2 for the FM help

ME X-RAY for plane,pit and pilots skins,decals,and to let this upgrade reach the light!

SPECIAL CREDIT:

This plane and it's skin ICHI BAN are dedicated in my father's memory,Habu was one of his most favourite planes,and he left this world last summer.

So this is my X-mas present to all communities.

Have a Mach 3+ X-mas and a happy new year!

Massimo "X-RAY" Pilot

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/25/2010
  • Category

• Like 1

Brilliant skins!!!

Hi!

I try to download it, but it's not there. What happened?

Will be available again soon,I've update something in the credits line

Thx for this. i noticed it can fly armed recon. Is there a chance in the future of an armed version such as the interceptor proposed variant and a conventional bomber? I think it would be fun. Love the pit also.

Thx for this. i noticed it can fly armed recon. Is there a chance in the future of an armed version such as the interceptor proposed variant and a conventional bomber? I think it would be fun. Love the pit also.

I can't manage the LODs.

But If you mean the YF-12C proposal I can do quick ADC tail badges and armed with 2 long range AAM's or AIM-26 Nuclear Falcons.

The YF-12C in practice is the Blackbird and it differs from the earlier YF-12A .

Also Veltro is working on early A!

Wow way to complicated to register at A-teams website.

I agree, way too complicated to register there just to get 3 lod files. any chances to host the lods here on Combat Ace ?

I agree, way too complicated to register there just to get 3 lod files. any chances to host the lods here on Combat Ace ?

Sorry, no can do. Th A Team will have a fit, accuse us of theft or something. His mods, his rules. Sorry.

see above, from the Dev A-Teams site.

http://cplengineerin...d69516a4ece53ec

you'll see a forum thingy called "Boards & File Policies" . Info to register is in there; you'll need to register twice, once for the message boards, another for the file downloads

wrench

Kevin stein

Sorry guys, but I can't get it working...I Downloaded the model from A-Site and alone is working fine but I did not understand how to get these 2 models working...I copied the *.lod file from the A-Team model into the Early and Late models but when I start I get an invisible plane, the cockpit is oriented 90 degrees on the left respect to the runway heading , no sounds and game crashes after few seconds...Any suggestions?

Check your PM. 

Can it be, A-Team is following a trend here on CA? If you see a hype here about the Mi-17 .. they build it .. you see a hype about the F-105 for WTR ... they build it ... and so on ...

Its an open source sim so the A-Team can do what they want. 

Hi everyone!

but when I start I get an invisible plane, the cockpit is oriented 90 degrees on the left respect to the runway heading

I experience exactly the same! Both invisible plane and oriented cockpit. Somebody can help, please?

Thanks in advance!

DL the original from the A-Team site.

I did of course. And copy/paste the LOD file in the aircraft folder. But I still experience the described problem (invisible plane and oriented cockpit).

Have found, the issue was in the .ini :

[LOD001]
Filename=SR71-R1b.LOD   <--------    Is not correct in the upgrade pack, so you have to check the name of the orginial LOD you have uplaod from the A-team.
Distance=8000

530315img00020.jpg

Yep, same here. Tried to register twice....no word...moving on...

Thanks    leodagan76

Odd how some were talking about how "great" the skins were - they must not have had the same problem you and I did.  A bit hard to see skins on a ghost plane it would seem to me. Thanks !! Mine is working now thanks to you !

Hey Finally got accessed to A-Team, so I can give this a try...

=Viper=