nice elephant! I was wondering about the while rail :good:

I've got also proper british flaklands pilots (ChrisBV updated) too,Banidos team have great Argentine pilots too,but I don't think they want to share!

elephant & X Ray:

Just PM me with whatever you have, and I'll take a look.

Eric Howes

OK, guys thanks!

I'll send the finished skins to eburger68, as soon as I get the decals stuff addressed first... :good:

I'm wondering is there a template available?

The starboard side cocade looks terribly awfull...

There must be a lot of streching involved there... :dntknw:

post-10763-007096200 1293481633.jpg

If somebody gives me Argentine pilots pics,I'll skin 'em too!

I'll see what I have in my books, Massimo... :salute:

I made the numbers of the 801 NAS as suggested in the numbers.LST...

Although I followed the same structure as in 800 NAS I couldn't make them show seperately... :dntknw:

All the planes are sharing the same number!

Any ideas? :blink:

I also corrected the double nose national marking for the 809 NAS.

post-10763-057750900 1293492590.jpg

elephant:

The problem with the 801 & 809 number decals is that I neglected to replace the numbers.lst with the correct one. 801 & 809 should be using the same numbers.lst as 800. Simply copy the 800's numbers.lst to 801 & 809 -- that should get you the same spread of numbers.

As for 800 in campaigns, that's just the way the campaign engine picks the numbers. I could add StartNumber= statements to each squadron in the campaign DATA.INIs, but you'd still see the same numbers being used per player's position in flight.

Eric Howes

I did replaced the numbers.lst of both 801 and 809 with that from 800 but still have no individual numbering... :dntknw:

I also noticed that there are lots of excecive decals in the d folder of each Sqn.

Do you want me to clean them up for you?

elephant:

Thanks, but no need to bother. If you could just PM me the skin changes you made I'll take care of the rest.

Eric Howes

Folks:

I've put together a quick Hotfix for the issues that have been identified so far. You can download it here:

https://netfiles.uiu..._F82_Hotfix.rar

ReadMe is included in the above archive. Issues addressed include:

- missing/incorrect Sea Harrier decals

- bright white Sidewinder rails on Sea Harrier

- bug in Sea Harrier DATA.INI

- incorrect alignment/decals for UH-1H

- minor errors in campaign DATA.INIs

- Type_12M not appearing in terrain

- wrong model for AR_R-530R

The ReadMe's for the "Malvinas Weapons Pack" were inadvertently dropped from the release version. You can download them here:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b4d7008/n/Readme_Pack_de_armas.rar

They will be included in the full update version that we eventually release.

We do plan to issue a full updated version of the complete mod that will incorporate these fixes and updates as well as fixes for whatever else is reported following this hotfix.

If you know of bugs and errors, please report them to me via PM or post them in this thread.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

One bug i'm experiencing is on HMS Hermes, after landing i fall into some holes and the harrier spins around a point in this hole. I was wondering if there was a problem with the deck surface or colissionmesh or something else?

Another thing which I haven't tested yet is using exocet/sea eagle missiles. In SF2E i can't get them to hit moving ships, only static objects. Just wondered if anyone had tested if these worked in this campaign.

Oh and I read the readme saying that you should set the date to 1983 in single missions, but i can't choose anything but 1982! Is it a feature of the latest patch (The C-patch)? I have the same problem with the other modules where certain a/c can only be chosen with their in service date. (ie in service 1982 end 2020, only 1982 is available as a choice)

Edited by atr_avi8tor

Slartibartfast:

It should alo be mentioned that BBC reporter Brian Hanrahan, who made his name covering the Falklands conflict from the deck of HMS Hermes, recently died. See:

Nice Harrier shots in that video, BTW.

Eric Howes

Hi Eric... True and I did post on Brian Hanrahan that he had died in the pub...

And thanks for the time you spent on this...

Edited by Slartibartfast

atr_avi8tor:

I haven't encountered any problems with the Hermes. I will look into it, though.

All ships in the terrain are static objects, not moving objects, so you should be able to hit them with Exocets.

As for the dates, with Exp. Pack 2 you will need to adjust the allowed dates in your Options.INI. I suggest setting the range 1982-1983, but you're free to set it however you like. The terrain itself is limited to 1982-1983.

Eric Howes

Thanks Erik, just saw mention of the problem with dates in another thread also, i can use that info for the other installs!!! Hooray!!

With regard to the Hermes i just flew another mission and landed more straight along the centerline and had no problems. Where i experienced the problem was off to the left near one of the lifts or that side of the deck rather.

I guessed with regard to the exocets it wouldn't be a problem because of the ship speed set to 0, but i was wondering if any missions could be generated where the ships moved.

atr_avi8tor:

In order to generate missions with moving ships, you'd have to duplicate the ships and give the new versions speeds greater than zero.

Eric Howes

maybe a bug (or not) seems that the british frigates do not fire missiles

i took and see theses missiles aren't in sf2 format weapons

Edited by Murphy'S

Murphy'S:

Which ships specifically are not firing missiles? Every single one of those ships was individually tested to ensure that they do fire. And a number of users who have already installed the mod have reported no problem with missile firings. Indeed, their experience has been quite the opposite.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Backing up what Murphy's has said about the weapons. The weapons are not in SF2 format. They are missing the data.ini file for each, although a SF1 format WeaponsData.ini is given. The SF2 weapons editor doesnt recognize them. Or have you consolidated them into the cat file?

Thanks!

Storm

EDIT: Just checked in game and confirmed once again that the weps do not appear. Looks like the wrong format. Also, there is no SquadronList.ini included in the pack. Without it, many of the units will not show up, which does affect the decals. I'm working on one now.

One last thing. Many files are still in ANSI format, not UNICODE. Has this been 100% proven to aid in the game reading files faster?

Edited by ST0RM

STORM:

First, the mod is uisng a custom Weapondata file (instead of the newer custom folders w/ DATA.INIs) in order to strictly limit the weapons available. The SF2 Weapons Editor most certainly does recognize those weapons. The INI and DAT were built using the SF2 Weapons Editor (which you can do). Are you sure you have the latest versions of that tool? And, yes, the weapons do appear in game. If they didn't, none of the folks who have posted screenshots and videos with weapons clearly working would have been able to, and every player who tested or downloaded the mod would have reported no weapons in game.

Second, there isn't a custom SquadronList.ini, but that doesn't matter because squadron level decals in this mod are all custom and not tied to the SquadronList.

Third, SF2 can read either Unicode or ANSI perfectly fine. The notion that having all files in Unicode somehow makes the game noticeably faster is a myth, and anyone who reports a speedup from Unicode-only files is only experiencing a placebo effect.

Which weapons are failing to appear for you in game? Which unit are you having decal problems with? Also, what patch level are you running at?

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Folks:

I am in the process of doing SF2-style .INIs and DATA.INIs for all the weapons in case there are others who encounter problems with the current weapons format. Should have the set completed by this evening.

Eric Howes

I can confrim, flying above say 500ft in a Skyhawk IS NOT recommended! :lol:

Eric,

I wasn't trying to knock your work, so please don't take it as such. I know how difficult it is to convert such a large install. I was just trying to point out some areas, where I thought, might be missing.

I could never get the weapons to show up in game. Sidewinders, aux tanks, etc... but no worries.

STORM:

I'll have SF2-folderized verions of the weapons this evening.

I am curious as to why the weapons weren't working on your install, though. What patch level are you at?

Eric Howes

got the stuff to make both sides pilots will be ready asap,expect 1 week!