ALCON

Mod has been updated with many fixes. Enjoy

Huzzah!

I also wish to thank the Falklands Team. By reading their Campaign Data files, I learn alot about campaign making.

Your skill and knowledge is what makes my work with Scandinavian Front go forward.

And your mod is what I relax with when I am not working with my own :)

Edited by JonathanRL

Nice on new version. Just last small quirk with Etendard. Please see avionics file in my zip where i fixed partialy hidden heading and speed readouts.

Another i notcied with updated version. Now its impossible to load centerline 1300 fuel tank on TW Dagger version as there is no any left in inventory beside two wing tanks already loaded. Daggers historicaly carried mostly 3 tanks. Also for me its impossible to have enought fuel from mainland with just two tanks. I fixed in my install with adding this lines into both Argentine camp data files under both Dagger sqadrons:

Supply[007].WeaponType=Tank1300_Mirage

Supply[007].Quantity=80

ataribaby:

Thanks, but there were no changes to the Daggers in this version. The problem you've discovered affects the Nesher-based Dagger and, unfortunately, was there from the get-go.

It will be fixed in an update.

Eric Howes

Eric Howes

Hi all, I just wanted to say this is one of the best mods for any game I've ever played. Rich in detail and very atmospheric.

For example, I never realized how many Sea Cat missiles were in and around the islands. Even the Belgrano has Sea Cats! Marvelous!

Thanks again for this excellent mod.

Sokal:

Glad you're enjoying it. The real credit for the mod, of course, goes to Kesselbrut (who authored the original evrsion for SFP1) and the other modders who contributed models and skins and who worked on the terrain.

Eric Howes

The SF2 Sup Etendard pak I released last year was NOT designed for use with the Falklands mod ... may even be mentioned in the readme.

As the falklands mod is -and should be a stand-alone, adding my upgrad pak is probably not a good idea. I'd reccomend RE-reading those readmes...

Hello to all,

First I have to say: AWESOME mod.

Second, I have a problem. I cant lauch the mod campaigns. The problem is that when I launch any campaign the game freazes (the music keep playing) I asume that its a problem with the option.ini file, but Im not sure (I followed the instructions step by step). If I play single mission the mod runs perfectly.

Any help will be apreciate :)

diegoestaban:

The most likely cause is some error in your installation. What that error is, I do not know. My recommendation would be to try reinstalling the mod after giving installation instruction in the ReadMe another look through.

Eric Howes

Here are the relevant portions of my current Options.INI:

[instantAction]
AircraftType=HarrierFRS1
MissionMap=Malvinas
StartTime=15:15:00
StartDate=05/21/1982
StartTimeDeviation=10
TextureSet=0
NationalMarking=0
SquadronMarking=0
AircraftNumber=0
KillMarking=0

[singleMission]
AircraftType=A-4Q
Service=ArgentineNavy
MissionMap=MALVINAS
MissionType=CAP
MissionTime=RANDOM
MissionWeather=RANDOM
AirActivity=RANDOM
AirDefenseActivity=RANDOM
FlyAll=FALSE
LoadMission=FALSE
LoadMissionFilename=2 Esq. de Caza y Ataque 1.MSN
MissionDate=1983
StartYear=1982
EndYear=1983
EditMission=FALSE

[Campaign]
CampaignName=19820425 Guerra de las Malvinas
PlayerService=ArgentineNavy
PlayerUnit=2 Esq. de Caza y Ataque
AircraftType=SEtendard
Difficulty=HARD
Length=NORMAL
AircraftSupply=NORMAL
WeaponSupply=LIMITED
LoadCampaign=FALSE
CampaignSavename=Campaign1.SAV

[Multiplayer]
Connection=0
PlayerColor=0
SessionType=0
GameType=0
Password=MyPassword
MaxPlayers=8
IPAddress=127.0.0.1

[DogfightHost]
MissionMap=
MissionDate=09/18/1968
Loadout=0
StartTime=10:30:00
StartTimeDeviation=240
RespawnTime=60
RespawnDistance=4000.000000
MinHeight=5000.000000
MaxHeight=12000.000000
HeightDeviation=5000.000000
ContrailAlt=7000.000000
ScreenshotsDelay=60
StartYear=1948
EndYear=1984
WeatherType=SCATTERED

[DogfightPlayer]
AircraftType=F-4E
TextureSet=DefaultTextureSet
PlayerService=USAF
Squadron=DefaultTextureSet

[CoopMission]
MissionMap=
MissionDate=09/18/1968
ContrailAlt=7000.000000
Service1=USAF
Service2=SOVIET
Mission1=SWEEP
AircraftType1=F-4E
AircraftType2=F-4E
AircraftType3=MiG-21PFM
AircraftType4=MiG-21PFM
ScreenshotsDelay=60
StartYear=0
EndYear=0
WeatherType=SCATTERED

[MotionExporter]
ExporterDLL=

[Mods]
ModsEnabled=TRUE
Directory=C:\Users\eburger68\Saved Games\ThirdWire\Falklands-82
Editors=StrikeFighters2

[screenShots]
Directory=C:\Users\eburger68\Saved Games\ThirdWire\Falklands-82\ScreenShots
Format=JPG

Eric Howes

Thanks for the help, but still no luck. Its weird since I follow all the steps and I have the same .ini that you. And everything else is working fine, just the campaign doesnt start :(

I will try reinstalling the game, just in case.

The SF2 Sup Etendard pak I released last year was NOT designed for use with the Falklands mod ... may even be mentioned in the readme.

As the falklands mod is -and should be a stand-alone, adding my upgrad pak is probably not a good idea. I'd reccomend RE-reading those readmes...

I just used your pack to discover what is bad with Flaklands one. I not suggesting to use it and i always read readme files.

Edited by ataribaby
  • Like 1

Finally I managed to run the mod in campaign mode. I reinstalled the game and patched up to jun10.

Is possible that there is a incompatibility with later patchs?

Best regards,

Diego

diegobestan:

It runs fine with later patches.The mod was released just after the release of Dec2010, and it's been kept up to date since then. If it were flat out incompatible, we'd have had lots of people reporting it.

Eric Howes

diegoesteban:

The mod has been tested on Nov2011 with a full merge of all SF2 titles, including SF2I. In fact,I'm running that configuration right now.

Eric Howes

Yesterday I uploaded a file about the Falklands war era songs, tell me what do you think please.Thank you.Greetings,Ice ManTeo

Please HEEELP!!! I dont understand how to use ani-ship-missiles. I shoot the Sea Eagle Guided Missile from Harrier FRS1 in to the ship direction but Rocket dont impackt it. What is my mistake. Please help me!

Did you target the ship with the target ground button?

Hi, prob with Argentine huey. I get no loadouts since the april patch was installed. is there a fix? wep attachment is set to Argentina. Correction, all the argentine planes loadouts are either empty or limited than before. Dont even see the pucara missile. Even british planes limited also, than before. can only assume april patch did something. Can anyone verify?

Edited by dsawan

Hey, lads. I installed this and it all works fine except when i go to the Falklands/Malvinas map. Then everything crashes (total freeze). Do you have some idea what i messed up during install? Slight correction, it crashes if i try to fly the Sea Harrier FRS on the Falklands map. It crashes right on the load menu, before i even get a chance to go to the ordinance screen. It works with the Mirage and other planes though. The harrier works on the Desert map....