Sign in to follow this  
Bongodriver

Ok I've read alot of threads on Exp 2 bugs, but......

I have been doing a little testing on my EF-2000 and noticed some bugs that don't seem to be repeated on any threads........I think, so has anyone else noticed any weirdness with some animations on 3rd party A/C? particularily jet nozzles.........although I can't say mine are totally screwed up I have noticed that they don't move through the full range of motion, it seems I get about 50% of the range before AB kicks in and they open again. I have made my Typhoon nozzles very complex with a combination of scale and rotation animations.

secondly flare and chaff effects seem a bit screwy....the smoke trails from flares seem to intertwine....so if I deploy a string of flares the smoke makes a sort of cross braced frame effect, and chaff seems a bit 'orange' like it is on fire?

there are also some weird things happening to shadow effects but I think I read something about similar problems on other threads.

Craig

Argh... sorry too fast! :lol: :lol:

Edit:

Maybe you could have a look at the data.ini´s of some Aircrafts which work

good with the latest patches????

Edited by Soulfreak

Soulfreak EF-2000 FAIL!!!!! :lol:

:rofl::heat:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :heat: !

OMG Carlo!!!

Well, sometimes I´m a bit confused... :blink:

But i like it that you guys have fun with my confusion! :drinks:

Carlo

:lol:

ef2000_4.jpg

Never seen that before. I would give the latest version to Ant and see if it happens on his end. That's weird.

Never seen that before. I would give the latest version to Ant and see if it happens on his end. That's weird.

Yes, would be the best way that some people test it too.

Looks very strange....

HAve seen similar effects on a rig with a broken videocard. :dntknw:

I was thinking the same thing....

HAve seen similar effects on a rig with a broken videocard

Hope not, it's a brand new gtx470, would be the first case of Exp 2 breaking a gfx card, AFAIK Ant has the latest version so well see what he can find.......wondering if I have buggered up my install maybe? I have combo pack with patches to Dec C.

normaly you can see this "green stripe effect" over the whole monitor, sometimes only at some 3D parts, but that`s very rare. Check your temp, maybe it`S to hot. Had this effect on my old rig the last summer I grilled my 8800 GT, than a good friend send me his 2 GTX 260, I opened the PC case and installed some fans. From this moment the case is still open and I clean it every week from dust and check it.

hope the drivers are not compatible and you card is ok!

GFX old drivers+too high temperature would be my guess, check your GPU temps with realtemp or the like. And don't stress it

I'm 99.9% certain the gfx card is ok, the drivers are current and I have stress tested it to the limit with benchmarks, the green stripe effect only shows up in flashes when the view is rotated around the A/C it's not a constant thing, I can hear the fan on the card working at a moderate pace so it's not cooking, the FPS is smoother than my pickup lines, other very GFX intensive games cause no ill effects and run very smooth.

Yeah I get the same results, seems aircraft irrespective on my rig too

Are the people seeing this all running nvidia cards or do ATI people see it too?

I'm thinking it's some glitch in a shader code that the video drivers are freaking out on. Whether the fault is more drivers or the game I couldn't say.

might be also Dx version related, IIRC I ad few artifacts first time when SF2I came, due to outdated Dx10. Green afterburners flashing among other things. Hope this helps

Hmmmm, nozzel animation does seem messed up, cant replicate the other issues tho.

ATI 4890 1Gb.

NVIDIA GT 330M I haz.

Edited by EricJ