Sign in to follow this  
Piecemeal

Piecemeal's Airfield Mod For Stary's 'Green Hell 3'

Piecemeal's Airfield Mod For Stary's 'Green Hell 3'

This mod is something to complement Stary's Green Hell3 mod for SF2V. All airfields on both sides have been extensively facelifted and given a new lease of life by re-populating them with huge amounts of groundobjects that were used in my Desert3 terrain and updated airfields for the Four Seasons mod.

Airfields have also been re-catagorised into two different groups; 'Red' and 'Blue'. For example, a friendly 'vietnamSEA_airfield4' will now be 'BLUE_AIRFIELD4' and a North Vietnamese 'vietnamSEA_airfield4_NV' will now be 'RED_AIRFIELD4'.

The amount of ground objects and buildings on all airfields are on a MUCH bigger scale than before, though I haven't really noticed much of a drop in FPS performance - although the mod's performance on your PC does depend on your own system and specs.

----------------------------------

INSTALLATION (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY):

* First, save a copy of your existing 'VietnamSEA' terrain (in case for some strange reason you might not be happy with this mod!).

* Secondly, unzip this pack and allow the folders within to merge with your SF2V installation. If asked whether you want to replace files, allow them to be overwritten (you saved a copy of your original terrain, yeah?).

You should be good to go then!

Important Note: If you don't already have this, you should download it from the SF1 downloads section, otherwise North Vietnamese airfields will be missing a LOT of trucks:

* Kesselbrut's 'Soviet Transport Mod', which can be found here: http://combatace.com/files/file/3667-soviet-transport-pack/

CREDITS:

*SF/WoV Runway Upgrade tiles by Polak

*Hi-Res Runway texture tiles by JSF Aggie

*Factory Target Area, Tactical Control Centre, HeadquartersR1, Gas Station and Tower H1 by Wingwiner

*Enhanced Top Cloud Layer BMPs by Fubar512

*Radar Facility by Grumpapotamus

*Generic Hangars pack by Stary

*South Vietnamese, American and SEATO flag by Wrench

*Thai flag by pureblue

*Borrowed Objects from Wrench's Libya Terrain :

Round Tents

Barbed Wire

Fences

Camonet

*Borrowed Objects from Wrench's DBS Terrain :

HotDog Stand

'Deuces Bar & Grill' sign

*Borrowed Objects From Falklands Mod :

Stanley Tower

Comm Building

*Borrowed Objects From Desert Storm Mod :

Satellite and Radio Antennas

Sandbag walls

Ammo boxes

*Borrowed Objects From SF2 Range Terrain :

Forklift and ShelterZU by Amokfloo

Firetrucks by Ravenclaw

FloodLight, SmallGenerator, ConcreteBlock and SunShelter by Pureblue

Static Chinook model by Banidos Team

Tools by Polak

Thanks to the creators of all the above mods.

Special thanks to all at CA for the fantastic mods that have been created over the years. And of course a very special thanks to TK for creating this unique mod series.

NOTE: If I've forgotten anybody please get in touch so I can give you the credit you deserve!

Have fun;

Piecemeal

6th Jan 2011

Great Piecemeal! Off to download :good:

Thanks Piecemeal!!!!

Hope you enjoy it lads :salute:

By the way; I don't know if anybody noticed it but there's missing texture BMPs for the tool boxes in the cover screenshot that I gave with this. Ignore it. I accidentally erased the BMP yesterday when I was clearing out unnecessary objects, files and such from the mod folder. That screenshot was taken last night and I replaced the missing bitmap before I uploaded it earlier.

THIS IS a really nice facelift for ANYONE who has installed GH3!! Very nicely done. The Vietnam SEA terrain has never looked better guys!! TOP NOTCH download.

Edited by ChampionsVA56

must needs check this out meself, too!

wrench

kevin stein

for those that (will) experience odd 'tractor beam' shadows across the ground from the Pit1, unzip this ini into the VietnamSEA terrain folder. It has the shadow turned off. (it's been an issue for several years -possible bad pit1.lod)

Use it on any/all terrains that have the problem -which is pretty much all that have a pit1 sitting somewhere

Piecemeal: nicely done, brother!! Soon, the Learner will surpass the Master!

wrench

kevin stein

Soon, the Learner will surpass the Master!

:lol: I don't think so Kev, O wise one. This is the kind of productivity that comes from somebody who's currently on long term illness benefit, has too much time on his hands and has to put up with pretty bad ass weather at the moment.

Hey PM

Korat has a plane in the middle of the runway.....

Almost hit it on take off. :lol:

img00066.JPG

look for a misplaced comma (,) in the section of the relevant airfield ini, that has the game generated parked aircraft.

Ran into that a few times meself

EDIT:

look at item #4...

ParkingChance=100

ParkingMaxSpan=18.0

Parking[01].Heading=270

Parking[01].Offset=345,75

Parking[02].Heading=270

Parking[02].Offset=345,25

Parking[03].Heading=0

Parking[03].Offset=459,-533

Parking[04].Heading=0 <------

Parking[05].Heading=180

Parking[05].Offset=333,-481

Parking[06].Heading=180

Parking[06].Offset=354,-481

Parking[07].Heading=180

Parking[07].Offset=438,-481

Parking[08].Heading=0

Parking[08].Offset=354,-534

Parking[09].Heading=0

Parking[09].Offset=375,-534

Parking[10].Heading=0

Parking[10].Offset=438,-534

Parking[11].Heading=180

Parking[11].Offset=375,-556

Parking[12].Heading=180

Parking[12].Offset=417,-556

Parking[13].Heading=180

Parking[13].Offset=438,-556

Parking[14].Heading=180

Parking[14].Offset=480,-556

Parking[15].Heading=0

Parking[15].Offset=333,-609

Parking[16].Heading=0

Parking[16].Offset=396,-609

Parking[17].Heading=0

Parking[17].Offset=459,-609

Parking[18].Heading=180

Parking[18].Offset=354,-630

Parking[19].Heading=180

Parking[19].Offset=417,-630

Parking[20].Heading=180

Parking[20].Offset=480,-630

easiest fix is just renumber the parking slots

wrench

kevin stein

:oops: Sorry about that guys.

At the last minute I noticed on that airfield that in the blastshield parking areas there were mobile generators in the bays but no parked aircraft. So about fifteen minutes before I uploaded I added the aircraft to the same bays.

Will fix that now. Thanks for that folks. I'll place a modded airfield INI here in a few minutes

Here ya go, fellers. This'll fix the issue of the parked aircraft on the runway. Just unzip and throw the INI file into the terrain folder.

BLUE_AIRFIELD6.rar

Any way to get this working for WOV?

Just convert the .ini files to ANSI format....

for those that (will) experience odd 'tractor beam' shadows across the ground from the Pit1, unzip this ini into the VietnamSEA terrain folder. It has the shadow turned off. (it's been an issue for several years -possible bad pit1.lod)

Use it on any/all terrains that have the problem -which is pretty much all that have a pit1 sitting somewhere

Piecemeal: nicely done, brother!! Soon, the Learner will surpass the Master!

wrench

kevin stein

Hi!

I met that kind of problem since I have installed the Piecemeal's Airfield Mod (with Stary's Green Hell 3.5):

F77ouh.jpg

R03poL.jpg

Is that kind of shadow you're talking about? How can I fix it, knowing that the zip file you're talking about doesn't exist anymore?

Thanks in advance!

Leodagan76

Oh great, thanks!

I've downlaod it and paste it in my SF2 / SF2V / SF2E / SF2I terrains folders... I'm surprised that I haven't got to erase an existing file pit1. We'll see!

Anyway, many thanks!

The existing Pit1.lod is hiding in the Terrains folders in the Cat files, where the main game installation is. Like anything else, what you put in the Mod folders will override it. You're welcome, and good luck!