Sign in to follow this  
Macklroy

No. 1 OFF Screenie

With all the number 1 lists goin on I figured I'd start one about OFF. :grin:

I know there is a SS shot thread but this is a different beast. If you're anything like me you have a folder (or two) with screen shots from in game.

Without spending ALL day looking through countless pics, I wanted to see some of the shots that people have taken in the past that really show off the great sim that is Over Flanders Fields.

Not just the best 'kill shots' but shots that incorporate all the great aspects of the game from the great landscape, atmosphere effects, to the detailed skins. Now I realize that no

ONE shot is going to be able to incorporate ALL the great aspects of the game. But I think you catch my meaning.

As the OP I shall start. This is an old SS, even prior to HITR. But still remains one of my favs. Enjoy.

I call this one "My day in the sun"

post-47816-0-14125500-1300435949.jpg

PS - Lets try to keep this on track. One screenie only. (Its tough but I have faith in you all). Preferably unedited, but more importantly what YOU think is your best OFF pic in your album.

Edited by Macklroy

Good thread m8...looking forward to this one..and seeing people's favourites!

here's mine

That Nupe is an absolute keeper, Mack!

Tight action there, Widowmaker!

To be honest, I have not kept all my screenshots. But fortunately, there still were some good ones.

Here is my choice:

Edited by Olham

A right old Furball there Olham! :good:

It was spring, and love was in the air:

MatingFees.jpg

Okay, maybe not my best screenshot ever, but you don't see this every day! :grin:

Not an action-filled shot but I always liked the foreboding ambiance.

CarlHollerDII484_16.jpg

I've alway loved that one of MacIlroy's too, still in my desktop wallpaper cycle.

This is my personal own screenie favourite:

Navarre.jpg

Edited by Dej

I usually delete mine after a while but of those that I've still got, I think this is the best.

Shot01-30-11-18-14-53.jpg

Nice Skin Tranquillo

Thanks go to Olham for the skin. He made it so his Albatros could see me more clearly.

Since this is my first ever screenshot with an OFF aircraft, ( it's being flown in CFS3..) I hope that you'll all be kind about it's rather meager resolution. I'm pretty impressed with my machine's ability to run the planes I've transplanted. I'm getting a respectable 22 to 18 FPS, but then again this is in CFS3. But it's over well populated part of France, lots of terrain objects and trees.

I'll call this "A Dazzling day over Flez".

post-65486-0-27284400-1300504753.jpg

Edited by Lewie

Real nice shots so far.

Great action shot Olham!

Elephant, is that shot of your alby goin after the spad edited in anyway? looks lovely!

And Dej, that shot of yours has been (and will be again) on my desktop. (helps that im in love with the nieuport!)

Keep em comming gents!

Edited by Macklroy

Elephant, is that shot of your alby goin after the spad edited in anyway? looks lovely!

I added a bit of lens blur (shift tilt trick) to make the Alby pop out and also to give some feeling of movement...

:drinks:

Wonderful shots Everyone! Here is a recent one I snapped that I like for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is it's depiction of how many a brave airmen met their untimely demise.

watch_your_six_01.jpg

Cheers!

Lou

You're a good wingman to fly with I'm sure, Lou! Could you save your hunted friend?

Thanks Olham, I do what I can. And yes, I was able to save my young charge, but he did end up with a variety of French-provided ventings in his wings and tail feathers. Let's hope he learned from his inattentiveness.