Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

need an oil rig platform for Persian Gulf terrain

I would like to finish my Persian Gulf terrain, but i still miss a model of an oil platform. Has some an idea where to get such a model (can be simple low poly, its only intended as target) or would someone of the model makers made one for me please. :drinks:

I would like to finish my Persian Gulf terrain, but i still miss a model of an oil platform. Has some an idea where to get such a model (can be simple low poly, its only intended as target) or would someone of the model makers made one for me please. :drinks:

There should be a few Google sketchup oil platform models at Google's 3D warehouse.

funny... JimBeamer and I were just discussing that via PM the last few days!!

Yes, definatly .. such an itme would dress up not only the Persian Gulf, but ASW, SoCal, Libya, Iran/Iraq and a couple others!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

I don't know if these will work in this game but there are some oil platforms available in Flight Sim 2004, if you want I could look at what I have downloaded for that game and see what the EULA says. Some times you get lucky and the author includes the GMAX of FSDS files in the package.

BTW, I'm using this terrain set at the moment and even though you state it's still a beta it is a fun piece of the world to run missions in. I'm also running ops in your Afghanistan 2010 package another work of art.

show me what u want and I can sort summat for you.

As The Wrench says, we have just been lamenting the lack of one only a couple of days ago! The Coast Guard will give thanks to you Russ if you can rustle one up (pun intended). Plenty of rescues involving these that can be scripted.

If you can manage it, one with a landable helo pad would be great!

JB5

There are some different types (styles) of such plattforms. But one in the style of the picture Wrench posted above would be nice. As already said, it can be very low poly, its only intended as target to have something to shooting at. :grin:

yoiks...erm...if you have any better info..ie drawings...will be a great help...how much detail u need?

ask marcelo, hedid one model, i don't think he would bother to share.

i would say, the drill rig, a flat platform, and the legs (wish I had a screenie of the old one from Fighters Anthology!!)

I started to do this one...liked the model its a 3d model btw...texturing should be easy as ive loads of textures of that sort here.

3175-1170889489_0_3.jpg

3175-1170889163_2_3.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

excellent! the simpler, the better!

Perfect! It has a helo pad and should be easy enough to make landable via the .ini. Thanks for doing this Russ.

JB5

Yes, definatly .. such an itme would dress up not only the Persian Gulf, but ASW, SoCal, Libya, Iran/Iraq and a couple others!

Don't forget the helicopter attack at the end of Diamonds Are Forever :grin:

or giant polar bears!!!

stormwatch-11.jpg

coolio Russ! :drinks:

really need something like this!

Can´t wait to land in an Mi-8 on this babe! :good:

Its a nice thing. Its very welcome on the Persian Gulf. :drinks: :drinks:

Ok as I dont have measurements for the rig...guessing so far...I need a helo 3d model...to game size...to try the scale out...if not I will use a 3d model I have of harrier maybe.

rig3.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

Could it be built as different Modules? So you could pick up different parts as targest and destroy them seperatly ... maybe one special part which would blow up the rest of it ;)

So you could target a special hostile part hold by terrorist :grin:

just an idea :good:

good work!

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

It can be yes Black...target the oil tanks and transfer pipes maybe...

updated pics on page 1 refresh browser if they are old ones.

updated pics on page 1 refresh browser if they are old ones.

nice work. i like it! :good: