Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

The Sikorsky S-16 is finished

I uploaded the Sikorsky S-16 to the Downloads area late last night. My thanks to ojcar, who made the FM, and to Nix who made the engine sound.

This is my second plane for First Eagles. Your comments and helpful criticisms are welcome.

post-67404-0-30505500-1306339227.jpg

I love this little plane! The final version is beautiful. I like the cockpit with the wheel and the engine sound is very good!

Beware users! This plane is very nice and fun to fly, but remember: any foe better than a Fokker EI or Pfalz EI and you are in seious trouble!!!

Now, Stephen, many thanks for this plane!

PS: I WANT MORE!!!! :rofl:

My only comment is keep up the great work. And thank you for all your contributions. I know there's already a laundry list of requests for you, but I know you need to model what interests you, so I'll just patiently await your next model.drinks.gif

Out standing work once again Stephen1918. I was surprized to see this one in the DL section so soon. Very cool!

Hi, nice work. I like the green or olive drab one. Keep em comin!

Hello, Stephen What's gonna be your next flying marvel?

I hope it's another austrian fighter but I think he may need a little while to catch his breath before we pelt him with more requests. ;)

Thanks for your comments everyone, I'm glad that everyone likes it. I'm most proud of the instruments, I had to make them from scratch so they would have Cyrillic lettering, even the compass has Russian characters on it.

My next one will be the Phoenix D.III. I want to do a plane with double ailerons, and I know a lot of people want Austro-Hungarian planes. After that I'll try a double seater. I'm open to suggestion...

Stephen1918

Out standing work once again Stephen1918. I was surprized to see this one in the DL section so soon. Very cool!

I seem to have become addicted... eventually I'll have to slow down, but for now I'm spending a lot of my free time making planes. Thanks for getting started on this.

Stephen1918

I would like to offer a sugestion for a 2 seater, any Austrian 2 seater or maybe one of the 2 seater Nieuport 10s with the Nieuport you could use it as the basis for the single and 2 seater plus the Nieuport 12 is very similar and with modification might(since I have no 3d experience) be made from the same source.Thanks again.I figure the Nieuports can be used in the traditional west front or the east as russia used them and Italy used them against Austria-Hungary.

Thanks Stephen, you do a superb job and this little plane is very funny to fly ! :good:

Hi Stephen.....

Excellent and fast work my friend..well done....Im still hoping you might find the time to convert your lovely looking Taube into the game...its been MIA for so long now...lol...

For 2 seater Aircraft ideas mate perhaps a conversion of your Lloyd CII, Vickers FB5 (would love this!!) Curtiss JN-4, Anatra DS or another lovely model, the Albatros CIII...

Again Congrats on another great Aircraft M.I.A from F.E. that has been returned to active service...

Many thanks for all your hard work...

Rab Watson (sockboy)

Fife

Scotland

2-seaters? Anatra DS ,Lebed XII and Albatros C.III. :good:

I uploaded a flat deck version of the Sikorsky today. Wilches requested it and I wanted to make a plane with four ailerons anyway. The same skins will work for both versions of the Sikorsky.

Ojcar made a new FM for the new plane, and I used the same sound file which Nix made for the first one.

My next one will be a two seater. A Neiuport 10 has been requested, but I'm going to hold off on that while I study how the gun was mounted. (If anyone can direct me to any good online resources, I'll be grateful.)

I'm thinking of an Albatros C.III, a Lloyd C.II, or a Rumpler C.IV. I think the Albatros would be best. What do you folks think? What are your preferences?

Ofcourse I would say the Lloyd C.II :grin: . But the Albatros would be pretty cool too.

Quack, I think all Three planes were used in Italian front: Lloyd by the Austro-Hungarians, Rumpler briefly by the Germans (until Spring 1918, They left this front) and Albatros CIII I think (not sure) by Austro-Hungarians (there is a photo of a Albatros CIII captured by Italians). So any of them could be useful in "Forgotten fronts". Rumpler and Albatros were used in Palestinian front too!

Nieuport 10!! or the biplace Nieuport 12 version! I have been dreamng about this one!

I have some info i can provide on it: The guns look like to be mounted like on the nieuport 11. I will upload the pic asap

nieuport_10_01_500.jpg

n10p.jpg

n102.jpg

Edited by Nix

n10cv.jpg

Picture with the gun mounting visible

n101o.jpg

Edited by Nix

I would go with the Lloyd since we seem to be on anAustrian kick these last few weeks ;)Anything from that list would be very welcome though.If you have the inclination to do another allied singleseater inthe future the DH.5 might be interesting with its reversed stagger wings.