Sign in to follow this  
Falcon161

Ak-47

Well as most of you know I own a Spanish CETME battle Rifle but I recently Purchased a Romanian WASR 10/63 AK-47 I want to customize it to a more tactical looking rifle but I need a suggestion for a stock. I really want a folder but I havent been able to locate a good folding stock so I was wondering if you guys would have any suggestions on some. Worse comes to worse I will get a TAPCO T6 stock for the AK....I will be posting pictures of both rifles soon as I figure how to do it from my ANDROID phone

US Palm just came out with some awesome hand guards for the AK. The upper has a rail for a forward set optic and the lower has three rails.

Ergo grip makes a really nice pistol grip, but many prefer the Tapco SAW grip. I personally hate it.

This place has some cool stocks for the AK, made by the Israelis. Just remember to keep your rifle in 922 Compliance.

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/store/butt_stocks/butt_stocks.htm

This is the AK-47 assault rifle, the preferred weapon of your enemy; and it makes a distinctive sound when fired at you, so remember it.

:drinks:

Well I have heard bad things about the TAPCO folding stock

I'd like to not live in fear. Unfortunately, the US Gov't won't allow it.

I'd like the TSA abolished and a return to pre-9-11 security measures. If we lose an airliner or two a year, too bad. There's no way to be 100% safe, but it is possible to make security so bad that you're basically immobilized and the enemy wins by default.

My threshold is 10,000. If fewer than 10,000 people a year are killed by terrorists, we can keep things as is.

I'd like the TSA abolished and a return to pre-9-11 security measures. If we lose an airliner or two a year, too bad. There's no way to be 100% safe, but it is possible to make security so bad that you're basically immobilized and the enemy wins by default.

My threshold is 10,000. If fewer than 10,000 people a year are killed by terrorists, we can keep things as is.

If becoming true, would you really take such a possible slaughter in the same phlegmatic way the Brits did during the Blitz?

- I'm afraid we'll be delayed, old chap. Another plane's blown up.

- Oh dear, it's becoming fairly nerve-racking, in the long run. Let's have a cup of tea.

----------------------

Not to turn political, but it seems that more than 10,000 Americans a year are actually killed by terrorists. They are also called gangstas wiz gunz, scum with guns, and more generally guns owners (violent/ psychotic/ paranoiac/ drunk/ careless/ untrained, and/or simply dumb gun owners).

There's no way to be 100% safe, but it is possible to make security so bad that you're basically immobilized and the enemy wins by default.

Yeah, using the Windows Vista security model seemed like a reasonable idea at the time, then you realise it's been six hours, the lines aren't moving and there's some TSA agent cupping your junk. They should have gone with 7. :tongue:

I do agree the enemy wins by default however IMHO even one life is too many. I just have 0 tolerance for terrorism of any kind.

• Like 1

Forgot that I had Guns and Ammo's Annual Book of the AK. Some extra things to think about

Flash Hiders (make sure can have it in your state) - The Copes A2 Bird Cage preformed very well as a flash hidder. The Hungarians make a good muzzle break/flash hider as well.

http://www.copesdist...roducts_id=1130

http://www.copesdist...products_id=414

Genuine Side folders (first is Hungarian, don't know if will work with Romanian. Second is Romanian)

http://www.copesdist...roducts_id=1022

http://www.gunbroker...?Item=233934188

Ace Ltd Rifle Stocks also make a very rugged Galil style folding stock.

http://riflestocks.com/store/

Utlimak is another good company to look into

http://ultimak.com/BuyAK.htm

Edit 1:

Also if you are looking for good (Not Mil/LE grade), and cheap optics, check out Primary Arms. They have great customer service.

http://www.primaryarms.com/category.sc;jsessionid=1DF729A1756AB256DA7505C07B002976.qscstrfrnt04?categoryId=578

Bolt hold open

http://hunting.about...afety_notch.htm

Edited by suhsjake

Actually, the single largest killer of Americans are...Americans in cars. Many are "own goals", some are passengers killed by the one they allowed to drive them, but others are just innocent bystanders who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. More are killed by that every year than every soldier we've lost in the past decade combined, and unlike those soldiers they died for nothing.

So look at the restrictions placed on getting and keeping a driver's license compared to those for flying on an airplane. It's enough to make me decide to drive halfway across the US rather than fly. Even before the TSA it was safer to fly than drive, but that wasn't good enough. I just don't accept that the goal must be zero. It's not possible. What really bugs me is all the changes that have been made even afterwards. Shoes. Liquids. They try something once and forever after we're stuck with a new restriction?

Then airlines charging for bags.

I like to fly. I despise airports and their so-called security. If possible, I will never fly again.

Genuine Side folders (first is Hungarian, don't know if will work with Romanian. Second is Romanian)

http://www.copesdist...roducts_id=1022

http://www.gunbroker...?Item=233934188

In reality the last side folder is east german (today produced in Romania). It is the folder i had had on my KMS-72. If the romanians made it in the same way as the east germans had done it before 1990, then you have a very reliable and stable folder. If you want you can use it to smash doors into parts. Its really good.

The only weakpoint i found that the feeling of a gun with a butt and a Kashi with this east german folder is a little bit different. I needed some time to become comfortable with it. When i shot the first times with my KMS-72 i hit nothing. After a while i hit moving "running soldier" targets at 400 meters with the first round.

post-3395-0-79997800-1307558673.jpg

In the USA a unlicenced copy of the Wieger 942 is made. Wieger 942 was a east german Kashi clone for NATO caliber 5.56x45mm. If you could get one of these or even better the german original .... :grin:

post-3395-0-73871400-1307558907.jpg

Edited by Gepard

Grazzi my friend still deciding on which one I might just break down and pay a little bit more for quality and durability. Was thinking about getting some polymer mags to get some more compiance parts and upgrade the look a little bit

Well as most of you know I own a Spanish CETME battle Rifle but I recently Purchased a Romanian WASR 10/63 AK-47 I want to customize it to a more tactical looking rifle but I need a suggestion for a stock. I really want a folder but I havent been able to locate a good folding stock so I was wondering if you guys would have any suggestions on some. Worse comes to worse I will get a TAPCO T6 stock for the AK....I will be posting pictures of both rifles soon as I figure how to do it from my ANDROID phone

Romanian? :yikes:

Don't know which one you got and if it's newer maybe it's better but the old ones were pretty crappy, guys that tried them all said Romanian is the worst.

Allegedly(I haven't tried it) it has too much plastic and the barrel is not of the same quality material as others so when you shoot a lot the barrel heats up(faster than with others) and you can forget about any kind of accuracy. Ofcourse AK is not a sniper but people said it's a pretty bad case with those...

Hope you got a nice one though :good:

The newer WASR 10 series are pretty decent. A lot less lemons that came out before. Two things to always check on the WASR, the gas block and the front sight. They are usually canted.

here she is she has a chrome line barrel and I beleive the gas block and Sights are canted

gallery_12300_642_792634.jpg

The original romanian Kashis were crap. Romanian quality is .....

But after 1990 the (west) german government bureaucracy sold the east german arms factory in Wiesa to romania. So the newly build romanian Kashis are made by german technic and technology.

I had alot of research into it alot of the parts on the rifle are new because of it being refubished including a new chrome line barrel....still surprised it came with a damn bayonet

hard cromed barrels were east german standard for Kalashnikows

here she is she has a chrome line barrel and I beleive the gas block and Sights are canted

gallery_12300_642_792634.jpg

How much did you pay for it? I'm looking for a good quality AK-47 once I teach my mother to put my shooting mount on my wheelchair (my step-dad never did showed her how).

Falcon

Umm it ran me a little over $500 but it included 2 Magazines and a Bayonet and luckily the ammo is cheap enough that it wont make you broke unlike my .308 CETME. I would definately look for a chrome lined Barrel in your rifle I was told by My friend who is an avid Eastern Block weapons collector go with Russian, East German, or Romanian.

Thanks dude, appreciate it. Below is my Rock River Arms AR-15 Carbine on my shooting mount :)

Falcon

Big Guide to Romanian Variants

http://www.weaponsca...ccessories.html

Chrome Lined barrels are not necessary unless you are shooting corrosive ammo (mainly surplus). I would always buy a chrome lined barrel becuase they last longer.

That's a pretty rockin set up there Falcon.

@Gepard

How are the side folding stocks mounted? Do they use the fixed stock trunnion or a unique one?

Edited by suhsjake

@Gepard

How are the side folding stocks mounted? Do they use the fixed stock trunnion or a unique one?

Ehm, now it becomes a little bit to special for my english abilities and my dictionary failed to help to interpret your question. But i will try to answer. (I hope that i have understood your question correctly.)

post-3395-0-62272300-1307808490.jpg

This picture i have taken from the site you mentioned above. The upper folder is the GDR made. In the GDR the Kashis were made by the system Wieger. Wieger 910 was the AK-47 series, Wieger 920 was the AK-74 and Wieger 940 was the Assault rifle in NATO caliber.

In each Wieger family you had a version with a butt, a version with a folder, a version as light MG and a short version. Interessting are the first two, because the weapon was so designed, that you could exchange a butt with a folder and vice versa. Butt and folder had the same "holding system" (is this the correct english term?) to connect it with the body of the weapon.