Sign in to follow this  
Ngr

Final of MMRCA

I encourage you to discuss the finalists of the Indian tender MMRCA (Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft) and they are:

Eurofighter Typhoon

Eurofighter+Typhoon+by+jet+planes+%252810%2529.jpg

Dassault Rafale

vue_d_ensemble_rafale.jpg

How you think who will win?

Edited by czarny900

Rafale.

The Rafale has proven its "omnirole" capabilities in Lybia, while the EF2000 is still an air superiority fighter, a role already filled by the Su-30MKI until the PAK-FA is operational. Besides that, it is really expensive. The Rafale has proven the ability to strike far and defend itself, and the Indians already have been working with Dassault. While in an A2A combat i´m sure that the EF2000 would rape the Rafale, that´s not what this program is about.

Edited by macelena

Eurofighter.

while not as proven in the strike role as Rafale the IAF does have a workng relationship with BAE (British partner in Eurofighter) and much tradition in its ties to the RAF. Also unit costs on Eurofighter will probably be cited as lower due to the greater number of them built as opposed to Rafale's lower turnout(French AF and Aeronavale only i believe) as well as spares availability and support. on the only thing not going for it i think is that the Indians will want license to build and i'm not sure all Eurofighter partners will agree while Dassault wants a sale so bad they prob will agree. but it will likely be another success story for the Typhoon.

well, what can i say?

both aircrafts are great masterpieces, they are very powerfull and deadly. basically the same design,( delta canard, unstable aircraft, low RCS, multi-role), just an few diferences. so, im going be "neutral". if rafale or ef-2000 win, who really win is india, for the great improvement in the defensive/attack capacibility.

ps: this is only mine opinion.

ps number 2: the Rafale is more sexy lol.gifblink.gif

I think the competition will be fierce and do not really know who wins. Raphael speaks in favor of the possibility of operating the aircraft carrier without special modifications, naval version of the typhoon is shown in this year's Aero India show, so I think that is the possibility of further orders by the IAF aircraft MMRCA adapted for use on aircraft carrier

AIR_Eurofighter_Typhoon_Navalized_India_Concept_lg.jpg

The IAF has used Mirage 2000s for years, so there's a working relationship with Dassault and France as well.

If it comes down to the Navy wanting to operate the same bird as the Air Force then my money is on the Rafale. The navalised Typhoon is a paper project and would take years not to mention more money than its worth to achieve, especially when the Rafale is already available. Much as I would love to have seen a naval version of the Typhoon my personal view is that its just too late in the programme for them to bother. Perhaps if the Royal Navy had been making serious noise of carriers 5 or 10 years earlier than they did then there would have been a large enough market to justify development, but when the only real potential customers are the Indian Navy and perhaps Brazillian Navy (evetually) then it just isnt feasable.

Also as a side note, if the Royal Navy had pushed for a naval Typhoon would the French have left the programme to develop the Rafale? IIRC the lack of a naval variant was one of the main reasons for the french walking out... that combined with wanting something like 60% of the workshare in construction for about 30% of the total order.....

Craig

Rafale. Better cockpit-amazing low speed handling and yeah just 'plane' sexier. And cheaper too-remember all governments are won over by the cheapest bidder.

Besides the SU-30MKI has trumped the Eurofighter before...

Now i thinks its all donw to politics more then watt aircraft his more capable his the indian goverment more "friendly to UK or France matteres alot also india his ungry for tecnology for its own projects, but if the navy his on this too the the Rafale his ahead on the race.

my view only

I would bet on the Rafale. India has already operated Mirage2000, so the connections to France are closer.