Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

The Illustrated BOC News, July 16, 2011

Well this answers a question that I was pondering on the BOC medal that was floating around on some peoples signatures... I don't know I go away for a couple of weeks and come back to this... whatever next... P4 Dare I say it...

By the wonderful writing going on there... :drinks:

Loved the poem! I only usually fly the BE2, but recently tried the Roland in a test flight to check I had installed Bletchley's mods correctly. Perhaps a BE2 pilot should keep quiet, but at one point I was flying sideways for quite a bit!

As my reinstallation isn't going perfectly, however I would be happy to fly either one of them. Off now to post in the general help section!

Great reading, once again. :drinks:

Looks like Widowmaker is our BOC celebrity, making an appearance in each number. :grin:

Slarti, you should pop over to the BOC thread and post your qualifications:

The Barmy OFFers Club

You'll be a shoe in. :grin:

Thanks old Chap... as to posting my qualifications whatever next ?

Thanks Gents, glad you're enjoying the BOC News. And apologies to E.A. Poe fans everywhere for my blatant pilfering of Annabel Lee.

Thanks Gents, glad you're enjoying the BOC News. And apologies to E.A. Poe fans everywhere for my blatant pilfering of Annabel Lee.

Well if you hadn't ahem borrowed it from Mr Poe then who else ??? I think Mr Poe is ideal for the dark times in which we fly...

That's a lovely poem, Lou - thank you very much, Mr. President!

The scones as a colour photograph are torture though!

I loved to have tea and scones with clotted cream and raspberry jam,

both times I was in Cornwall, but I can't get them here!

That's a lovely poem, Lou - thank you very much, Mr. President!

The scones as a colour photograph are torture though!

I loved to have tea and scones with clotted cream and raspberry jam,

both times I was in Cornwall, but I can't get them here!

Greetings Herr Olham,

Making Scones is fairly straightforward I have a few recipes if you would like them, son of a Baker and being English its in my blood so to speak... as to the Jam easily sought as I have found some excellent jams here in Austria the clotted cream though is a bit tougher though you could replace it with standard whipped cream its what I do here in Vienna... :drinks:

Edited by Slartibartfast

Yeah, a recepy would be nice, Slarti!

And maybe better than whipped cream would be "Creme Double", which you may be able to buy in Austria too.

Edited by Olham

Another fine publication, Lou. Please be sure to not accept any offers from Rupert Murdoch :grin:

Another brilliant edition!..... I would defo buy the annual!!! :good::lol::drinks:

Not to be rude but I have a question for Olham. In your post you said "I loved to have tea and scones with clotted cream and raspberry jam."

What in the heck is clotted cream?

Also find a few recipes for Scones, they are oh so simple to make. If you can boil water to make tea you can bake scones. It is however a bit of a process to make fresh jam.

It is something special from England. As fresh and tasty as good butter, but whiter,

softer - a delicious dairy product in combination with the scones and the jam.

Hmmmm!!!!

http://en.wikipedia....i/Clotted_cream

In France they have a soft, sweet cream type cheese that's remarkably like a really thick spreadable yoghurt. Not sure what they call it, but it was available at the rest stops/ restaurants we stopped at. It was really good, they had a lemon flavored version that was very good.

Thanks for the answer, not at all what I imagined.

Nice job again Lou.

If seeing things is good enough for Sir Stuffy Dowding, then who am I to argue?- But I still prefer my spirits inside the glass.

Right-o Flyby, so more like 'I Dream of Jeannie' then. She was a spirit inside a...oh wait, I'll wager you meant something else.

:grin:

Nice job there Lou with another "roving reporter" success and I very much look forward to the next headline story! :salute:

Wonderful fun Lou. That cream tho did conjure to my mind sour/curddled milk. Thanks for explaining it Olham.

Wonderful job, Lou.

...and ghosts do exist! Anyone who has seen a plane go down in flames or has seen a pilot jump from his mount is bound to have been haunted by a spirit or two.

Mmm... Cream Teas... and oodles of Ginger Beer. The Devon way of eating them is the best, IMHO.

Another cracking edition, Lou.

Contact (tink... tink... tink...) Clear!