Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

P4 DEVELOPMENT SCREENSHOTS

Yes, of course - but first he need to hit it. But I think you're right - the speed of a Mosquito is not yet so high,

that he wouldn't get a chance to aim and shoot at the Albatros.

But maybe we should go BACK TO TOPIC.

Edited by Olham

But maybe we should go BACK TO TOPIC.

Olham,

I agree with that completely, I was just having a bit of off topic humour. By the way thank you for giving the german translations for Jasta, RAF and RFC, I found your reply very informative and interesting.

I have not and will not be taking it personally, I have always found you to be a very helpful and informative person, like many others on this forum.

Anyway back to topic, can we have an e.t.a. on the preview videos for P4 (or on the release date).

Devs keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see and buy the finished product. And your aftersales support puts all the commercial software houses to shame.

(I may have overdone the praise slightly, Pol will be accusing me of being a fanboy) LOL

I wonder how much more demanding P4 will be, hardware-wise, than P3? The graphics are certainly much improved.

Please guys don't flame me, but I'm a bit concerned about the terrain changes... :blink:

I think that in P3 the trees are more well blended to the surrounding environment...or it's my imagination?

Also I like the new cloud variations, (I hope the changes will be cumulative to what we have now

and there won't be a compromise so to drop something out), but in the second and third pics their 2D nature is showing too much!

May be everything is so higher in quality and these minor details just popup, to my eyes at least... :dntknw:

Please guys don't flame me, but I'm a bit concerned about the terrain changes... :blink:

I think that in P3 the trees are more well blended to the surrounding environment...or it's my imagination?

Also I like the new cloud variations, (I hope the changes will be cumulative to what we have now

and there won't be a compromise so to drop something out), but in the second and third pics their 2D nature is showing too much!

May be everything is so higher in quality and these minor details just popup, to my eyes at least... :dntknw:

I agree on the trees but then I also have not done much to them yet - essentially they are P3 trees....so with the new terrain and rendering.... yep.

I have made some trees with leaves etc i.e real 3D trees rather than planes - but the FPS loss is too high with the huge numbers rendered even after lodding - we shall see how we go...

Please remember everything is WIP...

WM

Winder, I heard from JFM, that "Cliffs of Dover" still is a drag. The fraps go underground,

the lower you fly - because of the detailed scenery surely. I believe you, that you could build

much more complex trees. But that is perhaps something for the SIMS, when they plant a park there.

In a flight sim, it would be rather counter-productive to enjoy brilliant trees on the cost of frame rates.

Edited by Olham

Thanks for the answer Winder! :good:

As a matter of fact I'm not missing real 3d trees, may be a little variation in color or some height difference variation to the current ones will well do the job.

Also I think that that dark "forest" texture, where trees are posted on in P3, really helps to blend them better to the surrounding environment...

I know that everything is still WiP and IMO the P3 terrain-environment, is the most immersive I've ever seen in a flight sim,

(almost haunting in a cloudy day over no man's land), but WiPs are open to discussion and meant to be discussed, isn't it?

Anyway, I think you are doing an outstanding job with P4 so far, thanks! :clapping:

Winder, I heard from JFM, that "Cliffs of Dover" still is a drag. The fraps go underground,

the lower you fly - because of the detailed scenery surely. I believe you, that you could build

much more complex trees. But that is perhaps something for the SIMS, when they plant a park there.

In a flight sim, it would be rather counter-productive to enjoy brilliant trees on the cost of frame rates.

Indeed I have COD as well but I also like to push the envelope of course but it will never be done at the cost of FPS....

However I am not done yet!

:bye:

WM

If this was an infantry simulator, having extremely realistic looking trees would be important. But it's not top priority in a WW1 flight sim, in my opinion. So it's a very good attitude that you are not willing to sacrifice FPS for that. :good:

Thanks for the answer Winder! :good:

As a matter of fact I'm not missing real 3d trees, may be a little variation in color or some height difference variation to the current ones will well do the job.

Also I think that that dark "forest" texture, where trees are posted on in P3, really helps to blend them better to the surrounding environment...

I know that everything is still WiP and IMO the P3 terrain-environment, is the most immersive I've ever seen in a flight sim,

(almost haunting in a cloudy day over no man's land), but WiPs are open to discussion and meant to be discussed, isn't it?

Anyway, I think you are doing an outstanding job with P4 so far, thanks! :clapping:

Of course discussion is what this forum is all about and in this case I think some extra input from me was required....

In terms of colour blending etc well the trees are still suited to early P4 terrain tiles (now scrapped), so colour wise have not been adjusted to the new Western Front Terrrain yet.

But before I even do that I have to decide on what level the models of the trees will be taken to..... depends on how the whole sim hangs together FPS wise in alpha an beta and we are not there yet.

:bye:

HTH

WM

Sounds like another possible option in the Workshop. Low Detail and High Detail Trees depending on your rig.

*Ducks Winders thrown boot as it sails towards my head and quickly runs out the door*

*Boot slams against the door with a thud and drops to the floor.* Then from the other side of the door you can hear a very muffled "Thanks for all that you do sir!"

Hellshade

I agree that trees are nice, but the first picture of the town is simply brilliant! There are many towns in France that would love to use that as a postcard. :good:

P4 Scenary DESIRED... new rig REQUIRED! Note the FPS drop over the village. Has to be done though, it'd be an idiot that missed out on stunning vistas of that ilk! A village idiot, perhaps.

Dej......very sleek script roll on your posts.......cool!

"Sounds like another possible option in the Workshop. Low Detail and High Detail Trees depending on your rig."

Would clutter the Workshop screen even more..! Apropos of which: I trust that P4's Workshop will be tabbed by category? It would make sense, whilst giving more space to add all these tweaky goodies.

Time to bring this thread back to first page.

4122914942_457a1dc736.jpg

More screenshots and maybe some revelations about career mode improvements etc. Pretty please? :grin:

You know what the man with the ladle will do next, Hasse Wind, don't you?

He'll hit the boy with it.

So better be prepared for another of Pol's teasing announcements about

soon coming releases, any time between tomorrow and eternity.

Edited by Olham

MORE!!?? :yikes:

Lol, we have been very busy but we'll try to post some pics soon.

When we can safely reveal all the details on campaign etc we will. Not sure if there's a tidbit we can reveal but anyway the list is rather long and will take a few decades to put together ;)

Well, I know your works so far good enough to know, that you will come up with something great.

And I guess it's not a bad idea to leave the competitors in the foggy about your progress.

Edited by Olham
  • Like 1

Fantastic Olham! (another false name) :clapping:

Edited by Shiloh

:good:

:lol:

Thanks for understanding guys but rest assured we are working flat out on this - and no that does not mean lying down!

WM