Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

P4 DEVELOPMENT SCREENSHOTS

You're always told to 'take command' of a weapon, as in have a firm grasp and have it completely under control when firing.

It seems to me that field modifications of all kinds were very common in WW1 aircraft, much more so than in later years and conflicts. It's only natural, considering how young the whole business of aviation was and how rapidly things were being invented and developed in all countries that participated in the war and had an air force of their own.

Actually that's one of the things that fascinates me so much about WW1 aviation - the almost crazy creativity.

I agree HW and Olham. I can easily imagine the observer asking his armourer whether it was possible to mount a gun to cover the rear, and the armourer then discussing the problem with the fabricators and technicians in the workshop to devise a way of doing it with the materials they had to hand. If it wasn't quite right first time, no big problem to develop a better solution.

I expect the armourer earned himself a beer for doing it too.

I'm also assuming there were armourers and fabricators etc, termed by what they did if not by their formal title.

@ Hauksbee - Class! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The "Planet of the Apes". ending was priceless :ok:

???? sometimes I stand on the line - what are you talking about???

About the video Hauksbee posted earlier...

Here it is on You Tube:

Ah, now I could watch it too. Thanks, elephant!

Raises the question, if man is really one step beyond the apes' intel.

Ah, now I could watch it too. Thanks, elephant!

Raises the question, if man is really one step beyond the apes' intel.

Well, good question with some of us, but when it comes to making fake video clips, I think humanity has a comfortable lead on the monkeys. :grin:

It's funny Elephant, I thought the same thing, and was going to ask if this was budget version of the new film, and the chimp was Ceasar from the new Planet of the Apes film, given an AK47 instead of the cure for alhzeimers.

Then I wondered if it was the new Trunk Monkey advert. (I'd recommend hunting those down on Youtube if you fancy a chuckle).

[YouTube]

[\YouTube] Edited by Flyby PC

Nice to have the funny vids but the thread is rather wandering now - I'll bring the locked thread back to life copying the pictures from here to there so comments can be separate - helps to keep it clean and good for new viewers.

I guess we're just trying to fill the gaps between new screenshots, Pol.

But perhaps we should make an own thread about "funny commercials" or such, Flyby?

No worries I should have kept the two threads - one locked and one open as before.

Sorry Pol. Done it again.

No defence. I just have really short attention sp

These shots are so atmospheric. I feel like I could just stick my hand in there and feel the rain hitting my fingers. The sun and moon shots are incredible and the lighting effects they throw off seem spot on. Great work Pol and team. :good:

You guys are more and more completing your big step towards a much higher realism,

and I am very glad that OFF didn't lose it's special artistic touch through all that.

In the action scenes Strutter vs Albatros the gunner is a real human looking threat now.

The scenery is masterly done - your landscapes look so much more detailed and "crisp"

than those of "the other sim".

One question remaining: will P4 be mostly an improvement of the British side, or shall

we also see more French and German installations and aircraft some time soon?

You guys are more and more completing your big step towards a much higher realism,

and I am very glad that OFF didn't lose it's special artistic touch through all that.

In the action scenes Strutter vs Albatros the gunner is a real human looking threat now.

The scenery is masterly done - your landscapes look so much more detailed and "crisp"

than those of "the other sim".

One question remaining: will P4 be mostly an improvement of the British side, or shall

we also see more French and German installations and aircraft some time soon?

Soon! and Pol is doing a great job on ALL craft - I am convinced that all who buy P4 will be blown away with the realism, no matter what side you fly for!

WM

I had hoped you would say that, Winder - ah,that did me good;

like the cool airstream in the open cockpit on a warm summer day. :heat:

:good:

Edited by Olham

Superb shots!....That Sopwith Observer certainly saw that Albatros off...In no uncertain terms!! :good:

Wow. I mean Wow.

And look at the airfields too!

All the landing strips need now is a sweet young French popsie running towards the plane with a bacon roll in one hand and steaming hot cuppa in the other for the conquering hero's safe return to base. Husssa! Woof Woof! :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

I'm genuinely stunned fellas, can't wait for P4.

Holy Schnikee! There's even a Norman wind vane sight on the observer's Lewis gun! B-E-A-U-tiful.

Just a small part of the picture, but I love the silhouette of the observer in the first screenshot.

Me too Winder, and I really like how the observer is now hunkered over that Lewis. A very anatomically accurate posture, IMHO. Kudos to all the devs on everything you folks are doing for us poor sods.

:good: