Sign in to follow this  
exhausted

DLC 11 Campaign Customizer Released!

ai take off from carrier now works but they MUST be set to spawn before your own flight, otherwise they still do not spawn on carriers.

Edited by Murphy'S

Well unfortunately I had to edit it to work but yeah... interesting...

the crash on click on the loadout button with carrier mission is really annoying

is there a way to uninstall DLC 11?

I don't see that particular crash reported at TW forums. Let's hope TK fixes it :grin:

This has been the only DLC so far that I have considered getting. Would have saved hours of campaign_data.ini editing that I've done over the last few years.

Just need TK to fix the bugs and confirm that I can customize campaigns that start from carriers...

Yup, CTD as soon as you click loadout on starting a carrier based mission.

Yup, CTD as soon as you click loadout on starting a carrier based mission.

same with missions without a carrier too. For example any of the stock missions.

Ok missions w/o carriers, don't have this symptom.

On the other hand, if you create a single mission, save and load it, loadout screen for that doesn't crash. Could be the new variables added to the MSN file, like the Aircraft numbers.

Aircraft[01].AircraftNumber=15

Aircraft[02].AircraftNumber=47

Aircraft[03].AircraftNumber=39

Aircraft[04].AircraftNumber=52

It might even be possible to define other stuff here. loadouts maybe...

Edited by PureBlue

is there a way to uninstall DLC 11?

I renamed the DLCData011.DLC file and the editor icon doesn't show in game anymore.

But the loadout crash is still there..

no loadout crashes for me, carrier based :Ghost Riders" in Rolling Thunder :dntknw:

The Sep patch log explicitly states this has been fixed.

================================= Strike Fighters 2 Sep 2011 Update Readme File ================================= If you have installed any mods to the game, please check the ChangeList.txt for a list of updated files. If any data files you've extracted have been changed, you must manually delete and/or updated these files, or the patched game may not run correctly. Previous campaign saved data may not load after installing this Update. List of changes in this Update include: Sep 2011 -------- * Loadout screen crashing with carrier-based missions is fixed. * Problems with Laptops using nVidia Optiumus is fixed. * Campaign Customizer no longer lists campaigns from Expansion Packs not installed. * Campaign Customizer now has Mercenary option if installed with Strike Fighters 2.

I haven't explicitly seen the answer to this question yet - Does the campaign customizer allow you to create a campaign that is based on a carrier?

I haven't explicitly seen the answer to this question yet - Does the campaign customizer allow you to create a campaign that is based on a carrier?

It seems to be random, at least in stock Vietnam. There isn't a specific option to join up as carrier based.

But if the terrain(campaign?) has carrier stations and the aircraft you choose can be carrier based then there is chance you'll be flying off Yankee Station or others.

here's the latest menu after the patch. note the mercenary option..

Edited by PureBlue

Nope! TK only doesn´t make the things I want! :grin:

whoa ! i should had copyright that saying long ago !! i think i am going to add it now to my sig. Now tho it has to bare a Soulman © .... :drinks: (where's my mission recording and cinematic replay ??? i am waiting since '02 :grin:)

Realling thinking about grabbing this (finally).

I'm curious, though, how does this work with regards to modified campaigns? Does it create a campaign based on campaign data from the .cat files, or will it look in your mod folder first?

• Like 1

More questions - posted these at TW forums, but thought I may get a quicker answer here (at least for some of it)...

Quick question - How does the campaign customizer choose what sort of missions will be flown by the unit the user creates? In campaign_data.ini files, the missions types can be broken down by percentages.

Does it simply go off of the primary and secondary roles defined in the aircraft's data.ini file? If so, does it just split all the primary roles into even percentages? This would work well for more specialized A/C like the A-10, but I'm curious what would happen with an F-4 that is so versitile. Would you get even splits of all those mission types?

Thanks.

PS - Also, how does it handle units based on Carriers? Is it a selectable option is a carrier is already in the campaign? And one other thing (sorry) - does it look at the campaign files in the .cat files or will it look at the campaign files in the mod folder? For example, I've added carriers to the Desert campaigns, but it would be nice to use the editor to add additional units in the campaigns instead of continuously going back and editing the files to add more units.