Sign in to follow this  
exhausted

DLC 11 Campaign Customizer Released!

You'd be amazed how quickly an F-15A flight with NVAF markings is swatted down from the sky during Linebacker. Swarms of Phantoms everywhere, RWR going mad.. it's insane.

it might be interesting to test F-4 vs F-4... I never tried such scenario

I'll probably get this, even though I'm also mostly a single mission guy. I've started many campaigns over the years, but usually never finish them due to patches, loss of data due to reinstall, or general lack of interest (some planes aren't interesting enough to fly in a campaign, they're better suited to a single mission on occasion).

I do mean to spend more time on them, though...especially if I'm out of a job come Oct 1. :sad:

it might be interesting to test F-4 vs F-4... I never tried such scenario

SF2 Israel....

Israeli Kurnas vs. Egyptian F-4E.... :grin:

haven't got that far deep into the XX century hehe

Lebanon war, Syrian side, P-51D squadron. Do it.

Finally something I find worth buying. Editing campaigns always had quite a few frustrations, so this will make some things easier.

Of course it comes at a time when I'm not working and have to keep money spent to a bare minimum.

I knew this was coming, as the last 2 patches built up the squadron names/markings under the squadron select in the single mission/loadout screen, even for units that werent involved with stock campaigns..

or units that dont get deployed (ie VF-101).

Ima grab this when I get paid, might be interesting to use and abuse.

Lebanon war, Syrian side, P-51D squadron. Do it.

• Like 1

Jonathan,

I find your video reviews to be exceptionally well done. You should be getting paid for this :good:

Well, that is another DLC I´m not interested in.

Campaigns are not the things I´m interested in.....

From 11 DLCs I only got 2....

I'm 1 out of 11.

Did the AI display any ramming skills? Like slicing the tail of F-16 off with the prop?

img01294.JPG

img01292.JPG

Jonathan,

I find your video reviews to be exceptionally well done. You should be getting paid for this :good:

Thank you :). Tbf, I would be happy with simply reveiw copies, but since I buy most of TWs stuff anyway, its hardly an issue.

Gr.Viper:No, I was too busy staying on the tail of the A-4s to actually have a closer look at the AI Behavior. However, the Falcons completly ignored my flight and turned to get a bunch of fitters instead.

Well apparently it did something... I can go to the Loadout screen fine when creating a Single Mission, but when I open a saved single mission, the game locks up when going to the Loadout screen.

I am 8 of 11, will be 10 of 11 tomorrow :yes:

(pass the Omani Humter)

I am 8 of 11, will be 10 of 11 tomorrow :yes:

(pass the Omani Humter)

Funny, is that was the only one I've bought. The choices so far, just don't interest me.

Correction on my last post, it seems that carrier missions are borked, as opposed to ones starting on the ground (which work as they should).

Guest BeachAV8R

I'll probably pick this one up..thus far the aircraft DLCs haven't appealed much to me (so many good community add-ons out there already).. Does anyone think it would ever be possible that adding multiplayer to SF2 could be a DLC candidate....? Man..I'd pay $20 just to have MP added to the series...

Regarding mods and inis...it is definitely a learning process. But the info and help here are extremely valuable..so if you do some searching and ask polite questions I've seen very few questions that can't be answered. Out of curiosity though...is there or has there ever been any thought to building a Mod Manager utility such as ModMan for LOMAC and other titles..? Or is the file architecture too different?

Regards...

BeachAV8R

Maybe because adding mods is a bit easier than dealing with LOMACs... "restricted" structure so all you do is really cut and paste in the right spots and go fly.

Correction on my last post, it seems that carrier missions are borked, as opposed to ones starting on the ground (which work as they should).

Borked how?

My Aug 2011 install shows the carrier missions (mine and other AI flights) have a few bugs fixed. Aircraft taking off properly most of the time, instead of falling off the sky (still rarely happens)

Lets check all in the ins and outs of the latest patch, and give TK the chance to fix them.

Have a go at this mission I created: http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB3w/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8584&p=53661#p53661

How does it run for you?

I can't fly that mission as I use SF2E. With the campaign randomizer it seems that the game crashes (or at least locks up) when I open a created mission, and click the Loadout button. It's either "Create Single Mission" or a mission I created using a carrier. When I take off a ground base it works as it should. This is with DLC 11 installed.

With the campaign randomizer it seems that the game crashes (or at least locks up) when I open a created mission, and click the Loadout button. It's either "Create Single Mission" or a mission I created using a carrier. When I take off a ground base it works as it should. This is with DLC 11 installed.

same here

I can confirm the Load Mission --> Loadout screen crash. (Full merged clean install from AUG 2011 files, +DLC11)

Try this for SF2E Carrier test: Carrier Takeoff TEST.zip

Works great here

post-30257-0-77068000-1314898637.jpg