Sign in to follow this  
Slartibartfast

Eur Bans Claims That Water can prevent Dehydration...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8897662/EU-bans-claim-that-water-can-prevent-dehydration.html

Laugh I almost fell of my chair...

Sorry but I wonder how much money this idea from those barmpots in Brussels cost! Seriously thats like banning Air can keep you alive! fecking idjiots... :blink:

Now i know, why i have to pay more then 50 % taxes in Germany. Well, some are used in my country, but there´s a lot floating to Bruessel. At least i know it´s spend for something usefull like this!

Wasn´t there a debate about how much bent a banana can be? THAT was even more important.

Sorry, but i can only be sarcastic when i read such things! :dntknw:

We need to see the written regs first, and not go by some .uk rag. There may be a method to the apparent madness.

Advertisers are very deceptive, to me, criminally so, but I'll admit I'd rather have no regulations on advertisement, and let the souls use common sense to protect themselves from fraud...

yea I know GOOD LUCK but I live in a fantasy world about that -- I've had so many co~workers say, "I'm getting the orange juice for the vitamin C...where I ask...does the label include vitamin C?....they look and say "no" and its very time consuming, indeed almost a waste of time, trying to explain that if vitamin C is not advertised, ITS NOT THERE. Common sense.

Does the Euro law outlaw the word "may" or "can" as I've seen reported in the non~Euro press, or does it try to prevent the use of the word "will."

I can see the Euro point if advertisers are making false claims. Anyways, in my fantasy world of magic, unicorns, and pixel dust, and Delta Darts, everybody already knows to drink lots of water, and why. Unfortunately, its not the real world.

Florian::

Now i know, why i have to pay more then 50 % taxes in Germany.

Wow.

I heard about the bent bananna thing. Weird.

Okay, advertisers border on criminality, but I'll admit, governments are the definition of criminality, fraud, lying, theft, etc... Back in Ye Olde Testament, somewhere I gotta open that thing again, God warned the Isrealites what would happen to them if they got a "king" that they were begging for.

EU is such a waste of good money :lol: Technocrats living in their own little world of bureaucracy and trying to regulate everything in the slightest detail. :doh:

Don't know about the banana. But Cucumbers are regulated on bend ratio. Don't they have any better things to do...

Sure, if you drink a lot of water, you are less likely to dehydrate. However, if you have real concerns about dehydration, then you should consume fruits and vegetables that have hydrating qualities and replace mineral salts, amino acids, and vitamins your body loses during whatever effort is causing your dehydration.

Is this a good time to point out that tomatoes are FRUIT not veg? :rolleyes:

Craig

So your saying that a Pizza is a Fruit so technically a dessert....!!!

EU in it's current form will fail, sorry. EU in it's current form has to fail.

EU in it's current form will fail, sorry. EU in it's current form has to fail.

EU in this form already has failed, those overpaid guys in Bruessel are just ignoring that fact very good! :grin:

I like how you guys have just decided that the article is total fact and that there is no merit to the scientific data concerning bottled water NOT being the end-all to staving off dehydration, or even a good way to hydrate when concerned about dehydration.

Like I said, if you have concerns about dehydration, drinking bottled water is only a small part of the solution. Any of you military guys should know that.

hgbn:: But Cucumbers are regulated on bend ratio.

That could be an attempt to regulate genetic frankenfood Mods. Have to look that one up.

Don't know about the banana. But Cucumbers are regulated on bend ratio. Don't they have any better things to do...

Yep they tried the same thing with bananas.

The irony is my country is to sign the admission treaty on Decemeber 9th this year, irony number two is, I don't know a single person that supports our country entering EU :lol:

I just wonder in what way will they frame the referendum for us to enter anyway :lol:

Personally I just hope to see deutsche mark again, Clara was so nice and pretty :good: