Jug

Attempting bringing the A-37B into SF2 Vietnam

Damn Centurion.... quite cool! :drinks:

Well it would be pretty nice when you can finish it and maybe an T-37.

Would help with skinnning if needet!

Edited by Soulfreak

Your model must become like this!From Vietnam with love!:salute:

Regards,

Teo

• Dislike 1

Your model must become like this!From Vietnam with love!:salute:

Regards,

Teo

It's plainly obvious that Centurion's model is already superior, in that it is much more detailed than that one. For example, why does the refueling manifold end at the base of the windscreen in that model, whereas in Centurion's, it correctly wraps around the canopy. Check out other not-so-subtle details, such as the smoothness of the tip-tanks, etc.

Your model must become like this!

faggotry.jpg

• Like 1

skinning and decaling is a reasonably simple matter, once a good model is in hand.

Hey Centurio, Im a big fan of your work, but the Canopyframe is still not right, sorry to say this :dntknw: Your front glass looks to triangulate in comparison with the pics of the real bird I have linked.

best regards

:drinks:

Contacted a friend of mine who flew the A-37 in Vietnam. Lt Gen (retd) Wally Moorehead managed to crash one of his on the runway at Da Nang and flew on the mission when Mike Blasse was killed by a 57mm AA site. He was the guy that occupied the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier until his remains were positively identified recently and were returned to his family. Sent him some of the pics from here and he agrees with me that the canopy bow appears too wide. It was really a bit more slender in appearance.

Hope you don't mind some constructive criticism, Centrissimo. The model is still looking terrific.

@ Jug I think constructive critic is welcomed by Centurio. He is a good modeler, did a great job on the Mig-25 pit and on the plane itself. Sometimes there are parts on a model, which dont want to act like you want ;)

Hey thanks all for the encouragement and constructive crits. I recently got some better blueprints and realized how many problems my old model had, it has inaccurate canopy, wings, air intake, landing gear doors... argh.. So I am fixing those things and hopefully a better model will be had as a result.

@column5: I LOL'd at that, but dont be too harsh on the guy I think he just mean the SEA camo should be included.

Looks great but don't forget the 7.62mm minigun on the right side of the nose.

Looks great but don't forget the 7.62mm minigun on the right side of the nose.

I think the mini-gun looks more like a coffee can sticking out rather than a multibarrel gun nose we are used to. I think this was a flashguard to keep from night-blinding the pilot when he was strafing at night.

There are also the spin strakes on either side of the nose which look like the fins you see on Russian aircraft wings that, I think I recall, are to stabilize the aircraft in a spin condition.

Edited by Jug

No worries guys, the model is far from done, the in-game pic does not imply a finished status I'm afraid :P

Blackbird: The mig is doing alright, cockpit work mostly now but I am getting there. The external model is nearing completion excluding landing gear and small bits and pieces.. I needed a break however and this A-37 is a nice diversion I think..

Don't know if this'll help much but here's a website with hundreds of upclose pics of an A-37b - http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/eduardo_fadul/a-37b_dragonfly/

Page 2, top right photo is of the thrust attenuator I wrote about earlier. It works like a speed brake in the engine exhaust path. I guess it works sort of like a thrust reverser, but not quite as dramatic. There are also some up close photos of the "coffee can" nose gun muzzle shroud. Pictures of the nose also show the "spin strakes" on either side of the front fuselage.

Good stuff, Ianh755

Merry Christmas everybody, I'm not dead :drinks:

I had some spare time today so I decided to go back to my lowpoly model and extensively rework it, redone or reshaped includes but not limited to:

-air intakes

-wings

-canopy

-rear fuselage

Still missing wing control surfaces, gun, spin strakes, landing gear, fod covers et cetera... But all you experts tell me what you think of the shape now, is it more accurate now?

Front

gallery_19311_694_43790.jpg

Rear

gallery_19311_694_8971.jpg

im going to give this a bit of a bump so you know-it-alls can take a good look :grin:

dont feel like redoing the mesh for the n-th time after uvmapping it this time.

Now with 50% more accuracy! Also featuring even chunkier polygon soup*

*polygon soup is my personal name for when you mesh up the "flow" of the mesh. Oh well, It could be worse.

render20.jpg

render21.jpg

Thx. It might be inviting disaster but I think the model is starting to feel done and accurate enough now. It follows the 3-view diagrams at least. Now to bash my head against the wall doing control surfaces. Yay.