After the 1946 elections in Berlin, new war starts between East/West. Using the stock SF2 Europe map, lots of user-made WW2 aircraft and TW planes such as the P-51, Spitfire, and a Vampire FB3 and Meteor F4 (slightly modded Vampire5 and Meteor8). The campaign would basically use the 1956 from the Europe expansion as the framework. Basically, World War III with late World War II equipment.

Has anyone made this before?

Tell me this doesn't sound like a flashpoint, From wikipedia:

The focus on Berlin and the elections of 1946

Berlin quickly became the focal point of both US and Soviet efforts to re-align Europe to their respective visions. As Molotov noted, "What happens to Berlin, happens to Germany; what happens to Germany, happens to Europe."[12] Berlin had suffered enormous damage, its prewar population of 4.6 million people was reduced to 2.8 million, and the city could only produce 2% of its food needs.[9] The Western allies were not permitted to enter the city until two months after Germany's surrender, during which time the local populace suffered brutal treatment at the hands of the Soviet army.[9]

After harsh treatment, forced emigration, political repression and the particularly hard winter of 1945–1946, Germans in the Soviet-controlled zone were hostile to Soviet endeavors.[8] Local elections in mid-1946 resulted in a massive anti-communist protest vote, especially in the Soviet sector of Berlin.[8] Berlin's citizens overwhelmingly elected democratic members to its city council (with an 86% majority) — strongly rejecting Communist candidates.

Excellent concept for the Euro terrain but "The Horror", the work involved for all those WW2 flight models! [Just ask Wrench!]

Oh, I can't really make a new plane. Besides, there are plenty of decent WWII planes out there already.

I think the term is "near fatal flaws". To say nothing of the physical models themselves needing serious overhauling (with very few expceptions)

I think the term is "near fatal flaws". To say nothing of the physical models themselves needing serious overhauling (with very few expceptions)

I'm starting to notice that. Even the TW Spitfire doesn't fly too well when you 'pit it. Feels like its on greased rails. Can't bleed speed by doing drastic maneuvers...

I will look into editing FMs, but I feel that it will be beyond my abilities and time constraints (parenting+full-time job etc.)

Not in 1946.

At this time the people were tired of war. 1948 it was a little bit different.

yes, something of the 'Berlin Airlift' going hot.

Given that the Vamp F.3 isn't too much physically different from the FB.5 we have, it's a very simple matter to clone it down 2 marks.

Meteor F3s are too physically different from the F8 in game for practical use, so moving that dates up to late48/49 allows for F8 usage (with some suspension of disbelief)

what IS missing, and would be useful for some NATO countries, are late-mark Spits (22s, etc)

F-80s and F-84s are already available for USAF (and even an F-86A could be easily made, if needed)

WarPac is already coverd (15s, Yak-9, Yak-23 if you 'assume' operational vesions) However, 'light strike' and attack aircraft that would still be in service from WW2 are not available (IL-10, Tu-2). That only leaves Tu-4s, again in 1949)

missing, of course, is the C-54. DA wants one real bad!

Edited by Wrench

damn skippy i do. might even try my hand at makin it it that free software is up to it. :grin:

In 1948 there was no Warshaw Pact. It was founded 1955. But i think a Soviet, Polish and Czech alliance would face the western forces in a 1948 scenario.

Soviet planes: Yak-9, La-9 and La-11, Yak-15, MiG-9 as fighter force. The MiG-15 was not operational in 1948. In late 1949 the first units got this bird.

Frankly I'm dead tired of GermanyCE map (that's why I don't focus on finishing some mods for it) maaybe extended map covering also England and France, Belgium etc?

And Gepard's WW2 BoB map is too far west .... even with 'modernization' So,there's a big gap between GCE and anything else

That leaves the Impossible To Fix ™ EAW-EuroWW2 map; so, in essence, no map exists. I'd shudder to think of the targeting needed for for late 40 Western Europe

Gepard: thanks for the correction! I did't know that!

Everywhere if have seen, that someone was working on a terrain in this size.

Stary, Do you have tried my "Deutschland terrain"? It was my attempt to make a Germany map for the first sims.

Michael I haven't flown over it in years, have it somewhere, must check the planningmap for it.

In case of 46-48 "west" vs "east" there would be huge possibility of Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Poland rise against Soviets in case of war, making it several fronts war, just sayin'

Isn't Ansons doing that big map of France that includes a lot of the rest of Europe too? Not sure how far east it extends though.

isn't that France mostly?

it can't be fixed Cocas, too many problems with it, Wrench tried but without luck

forgot about the Deutschland terrain ... got it here somewhere; I'll look when I can!

IIRC, Ansons covers pretty much all Western Europe, down to the Med. He's got a thread in 1stGens somewhere; maybe the older posts will show the HFD, giving some idea.

just a quickie from SFMap (found the terrain in my one remainig 1stGen instll...)

for some reason, the Red Side bases aren't showing....and Gerwins TFD tool won't open it all (tile errors it sayd)

but, at least, this'll give some idea (also, for some reason, things seem a bit "displaced" from their postions -- have to check the targets ini)

Edited by Wrench

that's the one! It's just too screwed up to convert to SF2 -- and sooooooooooo many issues that I can't even remember them all!

it's a pit too, as it's got the size/region required

and texturemap too!

@Wrench: IIRC you send me copy of that Euro some 3 years ago, but I couldn't do a thing to help you with it.. what's exactly wrong with it?