besides it being brand new engine...

I meant that the components of the new engine aren't necessarily the big FPS killer so much as the amount of polygons themselves...

FC

So pumped! Just bought and downloaded this, I thought for sure it would fail on my laptop but using forcedx9=TRUE in the options ini. made it work. Better FPS than the other games as well!

I meant that the components of the new engine aren't necessarily the big FPS killer so much as the amount of polygons themselves...

FC

RGR that! I love the new "true" coastline no longer being out-of-this-world (Xen?) simple artistic's repeatable rendition, also the sea man the sea!

I installed NA as standalone, but now downloaded SF2Europe (march_12) and am adding it to NA, right now installs in the background I think it will work ok

edit:

of course it works, much easier than patching older titles from Dec2010C level

does anyone see SF2:Falklands in the future?

post-8911-0-75724800-1331409174.jpg

Edited by Stary

A bug with Harriers spawning on the Tarawa.

This leads to destruction as soon as you release breaks.

They're not supposed to spawn 100 ft high.

post-5575-0-71839000-1331408772.jpg

TU-95 damage model is pretty incredible. I intercepted one and went to guns on it. It's outer port engine took damage and spun to a stop. What really blew my mind was another engine started winding down, but the pilot feathered it and got it started again. Wow!

And then I hosed him to death.

I did run into the Backwards Buffalo issue. I followed a Phoenix all the way to its target. It missed, but instead of self-destructing it made a wide turn and went back after the target. When it missed the second time, it suddenly flipped backwards before crashing.

Aren't the Harriers and Tawara third party?

We probably shouldn't include errors with non-TW stuff as 'bugs'.

FC

• Like 1

FC

exactly, it's hardly helping in bughunting to throw in everything and start complaining :good:

RGR that! I love the new "true" coastline no longer being out-of-this-world (Xen?) simple artistic's repeatable rendition, also the sea man the sea!

i dont believe you refer to this as coastline huh ?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

___________________________________________________________________________________________

post-406-0-24723600-1331409385.jpg

Edited by squid

as for controls...

after having some issues with the ingame input manager, I simply copied my controls file from my SF2E mod and voila! All works fine including my extra entries for viewlist

How do I do this-where is it located in my SF2E install?

NA includes the Tarawa-class LHA as an object. It comes in during the campaign to deliver the marines. I suspect there may be conflicts between the TW and 3rd party ships. There are also conflicts between the 3rd party Spruance and OHP, as the use the same folder and data file names.

Aren't the Harriers and Tawara third party?

FC

The Tarawa is stock with NA. The Harrier is pretty much a clone of the stock GR.1. It seems to be a spawn point issue. Notice that the ship for download on CA has Sea Cobras on the deck and this 3W model does not.

Controls folder, usually default.ini file -copy to your NA/Controls folder and overwrite

@Squid:

dunno why but mine looks much better... your seems odd in fact huh?

(and I'm talking about technology side of rendering water/land border)

Well, until the Tawara is being used by SF2:NAs game engine with stock TW Harriers, I'd take a bug report of a spawn issue with a grain of salt because you're still using 3rd party objects.

FC

:( can you send or post some coastline screen ?

btw since I fixed the inhumane fps cut I started playing it and...make no mistake....the game really rocks... :good:

• Like 1

:( can you send or post some coastline screen ?

here, taken on medium or high, can't say exactly now:

post-8911-0-08909200-1331410701.jpg

post-8911-0-46682800-1331410708.jpg

post-8911-0-13840200-1331410724.jpg

I can confirm that USS Tarawa and USS Blue Ridge are stock SF2:NA assets.

Well, until the Tawara is being used by SF2:NAs game engine with stock TW Harriers, I'd take a bug report of a spawn issue with a grain of salt because you're still using 3rd party objects.

FC

Was a conflict with the old Tarawa. The new one isn't even classified as a carrier. I'm doing research on it right now.

i dont believe you refer to this as coastline huh ?

Dude there is something seriously wrong going on there, my coast line looks fine....so far.

anyone noticed you can now turn the HUD OFF?

on A-7E that is, caged turns the thig off

Guys your coastlines have the issue i refer to, no transitions at all. Now concerning the screen i post i bet its like that in yours too, i just have to find again that area again and visit the specific area.

No deck on new LHA. All stock. Edited by exhausted

Thanks Stary. I launched with SF2I as I have a merged insall and it usedthe controls I have there. The acceleration and pitch response is good but the roll is severely undermodelled as is the energy managment and turn rate and radius. I'm not looking for an F-16, but its modelled like an F-105 that can't roll! It has serious problems with a MiG-23!!!!! The TF-30s seem to be good on their power as once I've bled energy, I need to dive to build up energy. I love the TWS and multi-target capability-and its guidance for multiple AIM-54s seems to only work well against a close flying group, which is accurate. The MF F-14 seems to be more accurate around the carrier as its a bit tougher to land than the F-4. The SF2NA tomcat is as stable as anything and its a piece of cake to put it on the centerline.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..