Which models do you want or need first?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Surface combatants

• USN: Arleigh Burke FltIIA class Aegis destroyer, San Antonio class LPD
    • USN / Taiwan: Kidd class / Kee Lung class destroyer
    • JMSDF: Abukuma, Hatsuyuki, Asagiri, Murasame, Atago, Hyuga
    • Russia: Sovremenny class destroyer, Ka-25 ASW helicopter
    • Royal Navy: Type 45 Daring class destroyer, Albion class LPD
    • PLAN: Jianghu frigate variants, Luda class destroyer, Type 052C class frigate
    • Submarines: Los Angeles, Virginia, Seawolf, Akula, maybe even SSBNs
    • Ground vehicles: Type 90 MBT, M1A2 TUSK, Smerch rocket launcher, etc.
  2. 2. Aircraft carriers

• Wasp class LHD
    • Kuznetsov (Russia) and Shi Lang (PLAN, ex-Varyag)
    • Charles de Gaulle (France)

I'm just saying..........remember the "Alamo".....LSD-33

Edited by colmack

I just realized that I forgot to update the Zulfiqar class (Pakistani Navy) with the other Jiangwei variants, so I'm taking a bit of time to give that ship a proper overhaul too.

post-33721-0-83410100-1410352864.jpg

The AK-176 gun has been rebuilt, and it'll be re-used on several other ships I have planned. I'm optimizing and re-mapping the Type 730 CIWS (not pictured here) as well, because they'll come in handy later too. I've also given the ship a flared bow and wider hangar like it's supposed to have. I know there's not a great need for naval battles in the India/Pakistan terrain, but this model could always be re-purposed as a generic modern threat ship for 2nd/3rd world navies.

• Like 3

I tried my hand at starting a ship...HMS Daring...got so far and gave up with rotten 3 views ..was difficult to see right shapes of the decks etc...anyways...its been scrapped,as is the British way...not real ship...my version lol..

The Zulfiqar update is being uploaded now.

post-33721-0-80470200-1410870447_thumb.jpg

Here is a close-up of the Chinese Type 730 CIWS. It's a 7-barrel 30mm gatling gun that seems to be a knock off heavily inspired by the Goalkeeper.

post-33721-0-82446900-1410870408.jpg

I've tweaked the performance of these weapons to make them more effective (but still not 100% reliable) at taking out anti-ship missiles, so they're somewhere between the stock Phalanx and AK-630 in effectiveness. In other words, the ship (and any future PLAN warship I make with this gun) is now a credible threat in-game.

I tried my hand at starting a ship...HMS Daring...got so far and gave up with rotten 3 views ..was difficult to see right shapes of the decks etc...anyways...its been scrapped,as is the British way...not real ship...my version lol..

You mean this Daring?

post-33721-0-98774600-1410870406.jpg

Started one myself a while ago. It still needs to be mapped and textured, build a new Aster-30 missile, and install the Harpoons/CIWS. Could be done in a few weeks if I put off all other projects. Judging by the response to the Suffren, I'm thinking I should do more European ships soon.

• Like 4

I'm thinking I should do more European ships soon.

Personally I wouldn't mind if a QE/POW class carrier appeared on your slip way some day  :biggrin:

Craig

Or a Moskva class helicopter cruiser... :angel:

With Ka-25 choppers.

It's certainly been a while. I'm sure you've seen the Jeanne d'Arc recently, but here are some other projects I'm working on.

First, I plan to do some more French ships. Here's the La Fayette so far. I'm doing this one first so I can also make the Taiwanese version (Kang Ding class).

post-33721-0-21470600-1424765383.jpg

FREMM and Horizon are also in the works. Probably a Georges Leygues and Cassard too.

I'm still working on the long-hull Essex. I finally finished unwrapping the hull, and the main texture will be 4096x4096 so that the deck looks as crisp as possible. I still have a lot of work to do on the island, though. 

By the way, does anyone have a close-up photo of the pre-refit bridge? I think I've done a decent job on the late-era enclosed version, but I'm stuck on the original version (below). Diagrams and grainy photos are all telling me different things.

post-33721-0-03729700-1424765381.jpg

post-33721-0-55363000-1424765382.jpg

I know people want a Ka-25, but I gave up on the one I was building. Sorry. Someone else said they were working on one, anyway.

However, I did find a partially completed model of a different Kamov on a free model site a while back, so I put this together as practice:

post-33721-0-29693200-1424765864_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-17570800-1424765867_thumb.jpg

The skin is really low-res (it's just a basic camo scheme the thing came with), and the flight model is extremely touchy on the yaw (I did the best I could with it). But it flies. I put in lights, animated doors and landing gear shocks. If you guys want it, I'll upload it.

• Like 6

I hope you can upload it, I have some ideas for it!

^ Replied, Dave.

Alright, I'll put together a package for the Ka-29. I hope someone can improve on the skin and flight model.

More progress on the La Fayette:

post-33721-0-54710200-1424870033.jpg

Need to finish the Crotale launcher, add in some details, and then start texturing.

• Like 7

Thanks KJakker, that's a big help.

The La Fayette model is done and unwrapped. Will test and begin skinning soon.

post-33721-0-84462100-1425367341_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

La Fayette is 99% done; just need to add some weathering. Next is the Kang Ding-- I'll need to modify the hangar, build new masts and radars, Sea Chaparral and Bofors turrets, and install a 76mm and phalanx. Should take another week at most.

As you may know, there was a La Fayette made for SF1 a long time ago. Here are some screenshots of my version and the old version to show why I think it deserved a new model:

post-33721-0-21718100-1425620364_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-17473600-1425620366_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-79557200-1425620367_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-91579800-1425620369_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

La Fayette is being uploaded now.

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

The Taiwanese Kang Ding will be a separate release, to make it simpler for those of you who only play in the European theater or Pacific theater.

Fun fact: The service dates for the Suffren, Jeanne d'Arc, and even this modern stealth ship all overlap by a decade (1996 to 2007). So you can have them all in one fleet during that time period. Enjoy!

• Like 7

Amazing work mate, i will update my european naval campaigns with this lady soon

In their deal with Taiwan, France was able to sell La Fayette hulls and their electronics, but not the weapon systems. Taiwan had to improvise a bit when fitting the Kang Ding class.

So far, I've added the 76mm gun and Sea Chaparral launcher:

post-33721-0-30650500-1426262865.jpg

• Like 2

I do have some Russian vessels planned, including a couple of modern frigates and rebuilt/retextured Kirov series. I haven't made a Moskva yet, but I'd like to someday if I have time.

I do have some Russian vessels planned, including a couple of modern frigates and rebuilt/retextured Kirov series. I haven't made a Moskva yet, but I'd like to someday if I have time.

YOU CAN DOOOO EETTTT!

post-2710-0-07570600-1426431882.jpg

• Like 1

Okay, okay, I can do it.

As always, if anyone can supply nice 3-views and line drawings, ships will get built much faster.  :happy:

I just finished this new 40mm Bofors. Taiwan uses them on the Kang Ding and Cheng Kung (locally-build O.H. Perry frigates). I don't know of any other navies that use this mount.

post-33721-0-24449100-1426605984.jpg

Here's the Kang Ding with the new mast and hull modifications. I just need to make the new radar and install the weapon systems.

post-33721-0-29190000-1426605985.jpg

• Like 5