Which models do you want or need first?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Surface combatants

• USN: Arleigh Burke FltIIA class Aegis destroyer, San Antonio class LPD
    • USN / Taiwan: Kidd class / Kee Lung class destroyer
    • JMSDF: Abukuma, Hatsuyuki, Asagiri, Murasame, Atago, Hyuga
    • Russia: Sovremenny class destroyer, Ka-25 ASW helicopter
    • Royal Navy: Type 45 Daring class destroyer, Albion class LPD
    • PLAN: Jianghu frigate variants, Luda class destroyer, Type 052C class frigate
    • Submarines: Los Angeles, Virginia, Seawolf, Akula, maybe even SSBNs
    • Ground vehicles: Type 90 MBT, M1A2 TUSK, Smerch rocket launcher, etc.
  2. 2. Aircraft carriers

• Wasp class LHD
    • Kuznetsov (Russia) and Shi Lang (PLAN, ex-Varyag)
    • Charles de Gaulle (France)

how that? I just shorted down to Samauri's Shipyard

• Like 1

Testing the new Leahy model (1962 version). I rebuilt 90% of the mesh; Everything is done except for railings and a few small details. I think it's a big improvement so far.

post-33721-0-69860800-1348326633_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-75475600-1348326635_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-05374400-1348326638_thumb.jpg

AAW and NTU versions will be easy, since I already have all the parts ready to swap in. The Bainbridge versions will come later.

we could use a "Liberty" ship style cargo ship, too. Not only for WW2, but for many years after

just throwing that out... :biggrin:

• Like 1

Can't say when I'll be able to get around to it, but yeah, I could make a Liberty ship.

In general, I feel like we need transports/amphibious assault ships more than anything. The game can spawn task forces around them in single missions, which is convenient for countries that don't have carriers or cruisers. And it's nice to have for campaigns too. I've got a San Antonio on the menu, but it'd be nice to have a Ropucha, Ivan Rogov, Yuting, etc. for the OPFOR. Maybe just some generic LSTs for other miscellaneous nations.

More progress on Leahy:

post-33721-0-80075500-1348409666_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-71246500-1348409668_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Cool, great to see those ships for the 60s and 70s :D

What are those mounts beside the stern fire control radars? 3 inch AAA?

A nice Albany gun/missile cruiser would be very cool. And might I add a redone Spruance class DD would be outstanding.

A nice Albany gun/missile cruiser would be very cool. And might I add a redone Spruance class DD would be outstanding.

I have been fiddling with mine as of late can't say when or if she will be ready to join the fleet but I would like her too plus a few others I have been doing

post-2710-0-73166900-1348442189_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Definitely one of the Tall Ladies.

Could someone tell me what font to use for USN Hull Numbers, and where to get it?

The carrier: Midway?

iirc, the font is Long Beach USN, but Ive never found a full version for free download. The freeware are always crippled somehow - missing a few letters/numbers. So, one would need to 'buy' it.

that most defiately looks like a Midway class!

I also like that cruiser! (although the pre-missile all 8" gun version would be nice too! :biggrin: )

the carrier is supposed to be Filthy Dirty and Rusty or Swanky Frankie CV-42 it could be used for the pre 66 refit of Midway too by deleting the forward port lift

Edited by colmack

Very nice colmac...very nice! Wasnt it Talos it carried. If I recall, one of her class shot down a Mig over the red river delta at one point in 'nam.

The Albany class is a Talos ship (double-ended), while the Baltimore class is a Terrier ship.

Regarding US-style pennant numbers: AmarilloUSAF looks just like the US-style pennant number, provided the number doesn't contain 6,7 or, 9. The way to do it is to use a double-layered image, white number on black number, then save it as a PNG, and put that on to the ship skin as a new layer, saving that as a BMP or JPG as required.

• Like 1

iirc, the font is Long Beach USN, but Ive never found a full version for free download. The freeware are always crippled somehow - missing a few letters/numbers. So, one would need to 'buy' it.

that most defiately looks like a Midway class!

I also like that cruiser! (although the pre-missile all 8" gun version would be nice too! :biggrin: )

For my RAN/RCN F-4K, I used the USN Stencil font, completely free: http://www.dafont.com/usn-stencil.font

Not so good for pennant numbers, but excellent for aircraft markings.

Cool, great to see those ships for the 60s and 70s :D

What are those mounts beside the stern fire control radars? 3 inch AAA?

That's right, 3" 50cal in twin mounts. The models for these guns are actually courtesy of hgbn, as part of a load of stuff he sent me to help with the Essex. In a happy coincidence, the early Bainbridge and Leahys used those guns too.

I think I mentioned this before, but I was laying down a new Spruance before NA came out, then decided to convert it to a Kidd. I might make the late model VLS version at some point and give it Tomahawks, but since we already have stock Spruances I don't think it's a big priority.

I have been fiddling with mine as of late can't say when or if she will be ready to join the fleet but I would like her too plus a few others I have been doing

Nice work, colmack!

I'm liking the looks of that Albany. She had a ridiculous amount of firepower-- over 100 Talos missiles and 80 Tartars. Speaking of which, I've got a RIM-24 ready if you need it.

Could someone tell me what font to use for USN Hull Numbers, and where to get it?

Try the bonus material in my naval threat library pack. It's a tga sheet with hull number decals I put together from some official template. It's what I use for all my USN ships.

Dont forget the CV's usually had the hull number also painted on the forward flight deck.

post-66-0-81830700-1348499207.jpg

post-66-0-60537000-1348499221_thumb.jpg

Edited by pcpilot

Yes, of course. Though I am not sure of how to do that with the stock SCB-125. Some of the mod carriers have a single image for the flight deck (thus putting the pennant number on the flight deck is simple), while the SCB-125 appears to have a series of small images which are composited to form the flight deck we see in game.

pull the decals ini for the stock Essex ... it'll give the coodinates and decal size (that's how I got them to work on the What If RAN Essex)

I've noticed that some photos of the early Essex class and other WWII carriers seem to show black or dark grey numbers on the flight deck instead of white like modern carriers. Was that a "low-viz" measure or something? And, will anyone mind if I use the stock white decals instead?

pull the decals ini for the stock Essex ... it'll give the coodinates and decal size (that's how I got them to work on the What If RAN Essex)

It worked.

Hi WhiteBoySamurai

I have just got round to installing your updated Ticonderoga and Arleigh Burke into my install. Just wanted to say they look awesome, and thanks for sharing them. Looking forward to the Leahy

Cheers

Snapper 21

I'm glad you're enjoying my ships. I know this this a flight sim and you can't "fly" these models or anything, but I try my best with them anyway.

Just finished mapping the first version of the Leahy and have just started texturing. (*Very* early render; it'll look much better by next week.)

post-33721-0-67475400-1348756314.jpg

• Like 1