Which models do you want or need first?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Surface combatants

• USN: Arleigh Burke FltIIA class Aegis destroyer, San Antonio class LPD
    • USN / Taiwan: Kidd class / Kee Lung class destroyer
    • JMSDF: Abukuma, Hatsuyuki, Asagiri, Murasame, Atago, Hyuga
    • Russia: Sovremenny class destroyer, Ka-25 ASW helicopter
    • Royal Navy: Type 45 Daring class destroyer, Albion class LPD
    • PLAN: Jianghu frigate variants, Luda class destroyer, Type 052C class frigate
    • Submarines: Los Angeles, Virginia, Seawolf, Akula, maybe even SSBNs
    • Ground vehicles: Type 90 MBT, M1A2 TUSK, Smerch rocket launcher, etc.
  2. 2. Aircraft carriers

• Wasp class LHD
    • Kuznetsov (Russia) and Shi Lang (PLAN, ex-Varyag)
    • Charles de Gaulle (France)

Could you post or upload those edited ini files, please? :grin:

Clem is an easter egg in the old MF weaps pack.........downloadable here I think.

Ah, that's where I got it! I partially updated mine, but don't have aircraft parking spots, so I'd also like to see macelena's edit for it.

Sorry I'm behind schedule, but I've been rebuilding the Ticonderoga's superstructure from the inside out. I originally made it using tons of intersecting boxes and such, and thought I was being clever and saving space by overlapping the uvws everywhere, but I couldn't bake the textures like that. I promise the ship will look better than ever, and include a few new surprises too.

I took a short break from working on that to put together a couple of PLAN Riga variants that I had on the back burner.

First, Type 053K Jiangdong class frigates. These were China's first dedicated air defense ships, but their missile system sucked so they only built two. They can put a hell of a lot of flak in the air, though.

gallery_33721_313_3874.jpg

Next, Type 053H Jianghu class frigates. Quite a lot of these were built. They have slightly stretched hulls, different gun arrangement, and two rotating 3-canister Silkworm launchers. And, I've got them working as separate gunners. (Thanks to KJakker for the testing that led to this.) I still need to bake and touch up the skin, but the ship is otherwise finished.

gallery_33721_313_103605.jpg

These are the improved Jianghu-IIs,basically the same thing but with better missiles and twin mounts for the main guns. I've given them a light grey paint job like the more contemporary PLAN ships.

gallery_33721_313_51771.jpg

Incidentally, is there any interest in Taiwanese ships? The ROCN's Chien Yang, Chi Yang, and Cheng Kung classes are transferred or license-built versions of stock ships (Gearing, Knox, and Perry respectively), so I made them with simple extracting and ini editing. Different indigenous weapons were added to some of the ships later, so they're not perfect, but close enough to the real thing for purposes of this game I think.

WBS...

You are building a quite... a sizable Navy! Excellent work as always good.gifclapping.gifdrinks.gif You should make all of the Naval Ships of the World.

Hi WhiteBoySamurai

As always, cracking looking ships.:good:

If you have a plan to make more PLAN, then surely the Sovremenny class and its variants which is winning the poll at the moment would fit the bill.

Cheers

Snapper 21

Yes ROC naval ships would be a great addition. I think that Chinese,Japanese and other South Eastern Naval vessels would be very useful.Thanks for all the excellent ships you have put out so far.

Could you post or upload those edited ini files, please? :grin:

Here it is, add to the Clem-65 ini

[GroundObjectData]

ObjectName=Clem-65

ObjectFullName=PA CLEMENCEAU (R98)

ObjectDataFile=clem-65_data.ini

Names=Clem_names.ini

Add to the Data Ini

[MissionData]

NationName=FrenchNavy

ServiceStartYear=1961

ServiceEndYear=1999

GroundObjectRole=WARSHIP

WarshipClass=AIRCRAFT_CARRIER

Availability=VERY_RARE

FormationSizeBase=1

FormationSizeVariation=0

Exported=FALSE

CarrierBaseSize=MEDIUM

CarrierNumSquadrons=3

[GroundObjectData]

DamagedModel=

DestroyedModel=

DestroyedEffect=

DestroyedEffect=ShipDestroyedEffect

DamageEffect=ShipFireEffect

SystemDamageEffect=ShipSystemFireEffect

CollisionMesh=

SinkTime=122.0

EmptyMass=41370000.0

Component[001]=Hull

Component[002]=Superstructure

Add as an ini named "Clem_names.ini"

[ship001]

Name=Clemenceau

Number=1

Nation=Frenchnavy

StartDate=1961

EndDate=1999

[ship002]

Name=Foch

Number=2

Nation=Frenchnavy

StartDate=1961

EndDate=1999

EDIT: Those are the basics, still have to get parked aircraft, and edit the terrains so it appears as default home base for french navy aircraft. I used tha Ark Royal to learn how to make it work

Edited by macelena

good work there WBS! What would we noobs do without Julhelm? :grin:

Those look good but you should be adding some railings to them. And while your textures now have proper shading, they still lack highlights which you have to work in. Then they'll look really good.

I kept busy during the site down time. Screenshot dump incoming.

Railings added to the Jianghus; still messing around with the specular and gloss settings. Julhelm, if you have any tips for bringing out highlights, I would be very grateful.

gallery_33721_313_51707.jpg

gallery_33721_313_76962.jpg

I did the same for the Jiangwei series:

gallery_33721_313_103445.jpg

gallery_33721_313_151298.jpg

And added fully functional anti-ship missile launchers:

gallery_33721_313_21263.jpg

The Ticonderoga updates and refits are nearly finished as well.

gallery_33721_313_90331.jpg

gallery_33721_313_39507.jpg

gallery_33721_313_64355.jpg

Here's the final, fully modernized "Cruiser Conversion Program" variant.

gallery_33721_313_81249.jpg

gallery_33721_313_115027.jpg

gallery_33721_313_94388.jpg

Notice the Mod4 guns, Mk38 Bushmasters, Block 1B Phalanx, and booster-equipped Standard Missile?

And naturally, the Ticonderoga has working Harpoons now. (At least the CG-47, land-attack, and not-quite-VLS versions). I held a test battle of a CG-47 and CG-52 vs. four Silkworm-armed Jiangu frigates...

gallery_33721_313_72587.jpg

Just two anti-ship missiles passing in the night...

gallery_33721_313_37319.jpg

AEGIS has no problem intercepting those old tin cans.

gallery_33721_313_70563.jpg

The Arleigh Burke, Kongo, and Kirov will get an equivalent makeover. The Leahy and Bainbridge too. The Sovremenny is coming as well, eventually, but I'm getting a little burnt out working on really high-detail ships. To me, doing smaller stuff like the Jianghu series lets me "take a break" but still feel like I'm being productive. cool.gif

• Like 2

great stuff as usual. I love all your ships and they add so much but while you likeing the "smaller" ships as a diversion I seem to like them the best. Don't get me wrong I love your ultra modern stuff but sometimes it's fun to just watch one of the old "junkers" trying to survive .thanks for all the work you have put into these.

Wow those are nice!

• Like 1

I've uploaded new versions of the Riga/Type053 (railings and minor tweaks), Jiangwei series (with YJ-82 SSMs), uploaded a Taiwanese navy pack (exported/license built versions of some stock USN ships), and uploaded the Jianghu frigate pack.

By the way, it's completely coincidental that I'm uploading a bunch of PRC vessels on June 4th. cool.gif

Aside from the three variants I've already shown here, I made one more sub-type, the Type 053H1S, which was converted to a naval fire support ship. It's got five 50-tube 122mm rocket launchers, quite obviously designed for the coastal bombardment of certain wayward island provinces.

gallery_33721_313_24596.jpg

Each launcher is set to ripple fire in salvos of 10 rockets at a time. Though the rockets are hardly accurate, the sheer volume of fire it puts out makes it an effective weapon against any large ship.

gallery_33721_313_132966.jpg

I would be uploading the Ticonderoga pack already, but I'm still not satisfied with the CIWS/countermeasures performance. With luck I'll have them ready in time for the weekend.

I got a test mission were 80 Kitchens come in and I haven't lost a ship since your last Tico update, They usually go for the radar birds first the Tico's clean the skys of the inbounds for the most part what the SAM's dont get the Phalanx can usually mop up, but when one does slip through they seem to give up....

Ticonderoga superpack is uploaded and awaiting approval. All the previously posted versions have also been updated (CG-47, CG-52, CG-59), but I recommend just waiting for the superpack since it has all those versions and then some.

I still think that submarines are our most neglected area when it comes to naval warfare. I would love to see some quality cruise/ballistic missile subs.

I still think that submarines are our most neglected area when it comes to naval warfare. I would love to see some quality cruise/ballistic missile subs.

Trouble is you can´t properly simulate sub action with this as it is now. A few ships for the late sixties-early seventies would be a great implement for Vietnam, Israel and Desert Maps

Yeah, as it stands the game engine can't really do submarines proper justice. I do intend to release a couple (mostly UGM-84-armed) boats like the Los Angeles I showed off earlier in the thread, but it'll be up to the campaign builders to figure out what to do with them.

I'm a little burnt-out recently, so I'm going to take things slow and steady for a while. Here's a very tentative list of my works-in-progress, in no particular order:

• Visby update (visual tweaks, missile data update)
  • CG-16 and CGN-25 updates (model overhaul, separate variants by year)
  • Arleigh Burke and Kongo updates (visual tweaks and weapon system updates)
  • Kirov updates (visual improvements and weapon system updates)and new variants
  • Essex
  • Sovremenny
  • Ka-25
  • Los Angeles

Yeah sometimes you just have to give the shipyard/aircraft factory workers a few days off to actually play the game, go out n get some sun maybe take the sweetie out for dinner :good:ты машина

Been caught up in doing missions with surface action the last week or so. The Tico boats are awesome, love the Kirov, but the BB has been my fave. Took on a Kirov, and a number of other vessels. The Iowa was salvoing TLAMs and AGM-84s like a boss. The main batteries were opening up, and the secondaries. Love the UAV, orbiting. When is was all said and done, the old battlewagon was last one standing. Kirov did not fire anything in return if I remember correctly...

I've made progress on a number of projects lately.

Here's the Kongo test-firing an SSM-1B.

post-33721-0-08678300-1348144288_thumb.jpg

The model has pop-out folding fins and a detachable booster. First time I've done a weapon with both of those features at once.

I also spent a lot of time reworking the Kongo's superstructure and other components, and completely redoing the texture mapping, so I could bake the textures properly. (Not shown in SSM-1 shot above.) It's almost ready to go, and hopefully I'll get a chance to upload it by this weekend.

gallery_33721_313_277.jpg

After finishing the SSM-1, I put the animated fins onto an ASM-2 to make this:

post-33721-0-70702400-1348144318_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-12276700-1348144320_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-51625200-1348144321_thumb.jpg

Actually this is a speculative weapon based on industry rumors and JASDF requirements for an anti-ship missile that can fit into the F-35J's weapon bay. (It'll probably either be something like this or the Joint Strike Missile, which I might make later given enough reference pics and data.) It'll be included in the next F-35J update.

This is the Zulfiqar class frigate, an improved version of China's Jiangwei class frigates recently built for Pakistan.

post-33721-0-98797200-1348144384_thumb.jpg

The most obvious change is the new gun armament, including the latest Chinese CIWS, so it's actually not bad at killing anti-ship missiles.

I figured it would be useful in the India-Pakistan mod, but moreover I needed a quick testbed for some weapons that I built for other warships, so I threw this together. Not 100% accruate and the textures on the new guns are very WIP, but good enough to be an interesting target. I'll be finishing and uploading this soon as well.

As for the Leahy/Bainbridge rebuilds, the meshes are about 75% done. They'll be properly divided into versions by year: as-built in 1962, AAW upgrades circa 1968, and NTU refits from around 1985. My other priority projects like Kirov updates/new versions, Sovremenny, and straight-deck Essex are still a ways off. I swear, I'm procrastinating as hard as I can!

P.S. Could I trouble a moderator to change this thread's title to just "Samurai's Shipyard?" I'd like to continue using it to pimp my projects, but I don't think I'm able to handle any more requests right now.

• Like 1

Cool Kongo! For me modern Kongos and the WW2 ones are gorgeous looking ships!