Which models do you want or need first?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Surface combatants

• USN: Arleigh Burke FltIIA class Aegis destroyer, San Antonio class LPD
    • USN / Taiwan: Kidd class / Kee Lung class destroyer
    • JMSDF: Abukuma, Hatsuyuki, Asagiri, Murasame, Atago, Hyuga
    • Russia: Sovremenny class destroyer, Ka-25 ASW helicopter
    • Royal Navy: Type 45 Daring class destroyer, Albion class LPD
    • PLAN: Jianghu frigate variants, Luda class destroyer, Type 052C class frigate
    • Submarines: Los Angeles, Virginia, Seawolf, Akula, maybe even SSBNs
    • Ground vehicles: Type 90 MBT, M1A2 TUSK, Smerch rocket launcher, etc.
  2. 2. Aircraft carriers

• Wasp class LHD
    • Kuznetsov (Russia) and Shi Lang (PLAN, ex-Varyag)
    • Charles de Gaulle (France)

I wasn't sure which subclass you wanted, so I decided to do the more common long-hull version, which started with CV-14. This of course means that I'm doing another ship named Ticonderoga. :biggrin:

post-33721-0-51538400-1349532231.jpg

I still have a TON of work to do on it, but I can assure you that the 5" guns and quad-40mm will all be there. I might even be able to install the fifty-something (!) 20mm guns, but I think the sheer amount of rounds in the air would kill most players' framerate.

Do you also need the 50s era SCB-27 refits?

Do you also need the 50s era SCB-27 refits?

Yes please

well, mabye not fully armed with 20s ... maybe a dozen or so scattered around the deck edge will fine!

all I ask, is you wash your feet before I kiss them, and only after it's released!! :air_kiss:

• Like 1

well, mabye not fully armed with 20s ... maybe a dozen or so scattered around the deck edge will fine!

all I ask, is you wash your feet before I kiss them, and only after it's released!! :air_kiss:

:lmao:

Foot-kissing not necessary, Wrench! If anything, please consider it payback for the new Korea and all the other awesome terrains you've done.

Here's the early Bainbridge. I may still have to make a new radar dish, because it's unclear to me if she was built with the SPS-37 or SPS-39 set. Regardless, the package will be ready by next week.

post-33721-0-92441900-1349821731_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-00171000-1349821734_thumb.jpg

WBS, you might want to look in the new Korea terrain's targets & types ini, in particular in Nagoya. :biggrin:

Ahaha, I see what you did there. :biggrin: Honestly I'm flattered, Wrench.

Just uploaded the new Bainbridge. If I have time today I'll post some minor cosmetic tweaks to the Leahy as well.

post-33721-0-88685300-1350100770_thumb.jpg

Yeah, looks a hell of a lot better than your earlier efforts. If I had to crit something I'd say you could spend some polies on adding the rigging and a flag. It makes all the difference in the world :)

The earlier model was something I had on my HDD from my CFS2 days, I had just asked him to get Bainbridge painted and floating he went way beyond the pail and converted the model to Leahy class also Im sure there is little if any of the original left. I'm so Impress as well as your additions to the SF2 fleets Julhelm, I would only hope to get my models looking half as good as your guys.......

Yeah, looks a hell of a lot better than your earlier efforts. If I had to crit something I'd say you could spend some polies on adding the rigging and a flag. It makes all the difference in the world :)

How's this?

post-33721-0-93970600-1350294391_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-53237800-1350294394_thumb.jpg

I've been meaning to update the weapon data and some other things on my Aegis ships, so I might as well touch up the models while I'm at it.

Right now the lines look perfectly taught, but do you think they'd look better if they sagged a little? The polygon count for the riggings would probably double or triple, but it might be worth it.

And eventually (by the time I start working on the Essex textures), I want to learn how to do proper specular maps, so I can get that neat "sea-splattered" effect like on Jullhelm's wonderful Ulyanovsk.

The earlier model was something I had on my HDD from my CFS2 days, I had just asked him to get Bainbridge painted and floating he went way beyond the pail and converted the model to Leahy class also Im sure there is little if any of the original left. I'm so Impress as well as your additions to the SF2 fleets Julhelm, I would only hope to get my models looking half as good as your guys.......

No, that's all on me, my friend. You asked me to finish a project, but I didn't have the time or experience back then to do it right. I still think of the Bainbridge as your girl, so I hope you're happy with how she turned out.

• Like 2

I have not checked in with you in awhile but I must say that the new Leahy and Bainbridge are beautiful. I might just be me but they also feel more deadly in testing as well. A also agree with Julhelm and colmack on the updated Ticonderoga look. The rigging is really improves the look of the ship. :cool:

I also wanted the comment on the Essex. I think that you should build it with all of the guns 5in, 40mm, and 20mm on the model. However, provide it with two or three different DATA.ini files so, that for example, one has no active 20mm, a second has some, and a third has all the 20mm. By doing that you would cater to both those who want historical accuracy and players with different system capabilities.

Edited by KJakker

in all honesty WBS's work appears to be geared to those with SF2NA. if you cant work that then automactically you likely wont be able to use his boats spec'd out.

that said data.ini edit for the different eras for the Essex would be a good idea (WW2, Korea, ASW ships during the 60's)

and my final opinion for this post is that we still need Midway class boats!

in all honesty WBS's work appears to be geared to those with SF2NA. if you cant work that then automactically you likely wont be able to use his boats spec'd out.

that said data.ini edit for the different eras for the Essex would be a good idea (WW2, Korea, ASW ships during the 60's)

Unlikely, since Midway class (along with Forrestals) are already available at Capun´s. Anyway, some of the models on the other site are great when hit with the WBS magic

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! got banned from there for forgettin to NOT download WoA and its update on the same day.

WTF? There must be something wrong. I did the same with the SCW add on and nothing happened

I'm very Interested in getting ALL the Midway class boats in the game at this point that only one that isn't in game for me is CV-42

Edited by colmack

is that UnRep ship I spy?????

MUCH needed!!!

frak!

I have not checked in with you in awhile but I must say that the new Leahy and Bainbridge are beautiful. I might just be me but they also feel more deadly in testing as well. A also agree with Julhelm and colmack on the updated Ticonderoga look. The rigging is really improves the look of the ship. :cool:

I also wanted the comment on the Essex. I think that you should build it with all of the guns 5in, 40mm, and 20mm on the model. However, provide it with two or three different DATA.ini files so, that for example, one has no active 20mm, a second has some, and a third has all the 20mm. By doing that you would cater to both those who want historical accuracy and players with different system capabilities.

Thanks, sounds like a good idea!

Yeah, all my ships are built with NA in mind. I know there are some holdouts on the site who want to keep using an earlier patch version, and others who might not have the hardware for (which i can totally sympathize with, since I wasn't able to handle NA smoothly until I built a new PC earlier this year), but I'm afraid there's no going back for me.

@Wrench: It might not be the era you want, but I have a Supply class in the works. ...I start way too many projects for my own good.

Here's something I'm just finishing up, for what it's worth:

post-33721-0-78475900-1350733895.jpg

This is the original flight of Los Angeles boats, not the improved VLS ones... but I can do those later if there's demand for it.

I'm happy with how the textures came out. I'm experimenting with specular maps and trying to get the hull to look washed over. Right now it's hard to see unless you rotate the camera under the right lighting though.

post-33721-0-23148800-1350733886_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-62179300-1350733888_thumb.jpg

post-33721-0-38434300-1350733894_thumb.jpg

The game doesn't really support subs so I'll just leave it up to the end user to assign them as patrol boats, as cargo ships, as frigates or whatever. It's got a names list and hull decal placement just in case.

• Like 1

This is the original flight of Los Angeles boats, not the improved VLS ones... but I can do those later if there's demand for it.

Bring on the VLS!!!! :grin:

Edited by Icarus999

I had an idea about subs, let me run the scope up on it......I know cheap boat humor my idea is maybe have just the snorkel and scope above water the use a flat planar image of the boat underwater at the surface to represent it at periscope depth