Dave

Say Hi To Your New Moderators

Be'demmed! I went to bed a civilian, and woke as an OFF Moderator! My 'Authority' emblazoned under my avatar! (that was really fast, Dave!) Lifted from obscurity and swept into office on a groundswell of public approbation. (At least I think so, since it happened while I was asleep) My e-mail InBox, which normally sees only ads for Viagara On Sale, is now packed with congratulatory cables, special pleadings, and requests for immediate action from other modders. ( The SDF-784 15,000 gal. Centerline drop-tank for the Boeing 747 , "Flying Fantasy Freight" mod is ready for approval and upload.) Bloody Hell! I'm only on my first cup of coffee! But...I'm sure things will settle down. As you all know, the rules here are strict, but can be (dare I say it?) "modded" upon the receipt of a small gratuity.

I think someone besides the mods need to keep the keys to the OFF Liqueur Cabinet!

Capt.Sopwith, let this be your first warning...and you're now busted to Lt.! On that note, I'll have two fingers of Bowmore's Islay single malt, and let's get on with it.

Edited by Hauksbee

I knew you'd be more than capable to do the job, but may I dare say - it is a tad frightening, how fast you got into it!

Congrats, old boy! (I'll drop the "old", if you share that Bowmore with me - just two fingers? Oh, please! ... )

I knew you'd be more than capable to do the job, but may I dare say - it is a tad frightening, how fast you got into it!

Congrats, old boy! (I'll drop the "old", if you share that Bowmore with me - just two fingers? Oh, please! ... )

Ah yes, well...sometimes, the office makes the man. A quiet, unassuming chap, once vested with authority, can become a...well, we'll wait and see on that. And as for the "...just two fingers", the intent was, "just two fingers at a time". This is fine 'sipping whiskey'. Not that colored paint thinner they push in the mess. But when you finish your two, there'll be another two waiting.

Edited by Hauksbee

I'd like also to join the party... but for me it's four fingers.

I'm afraid I only like 15 years old whiskey. Do you've any Dimple?

You can keep your Dimple, von Paulus - you don't know what you're missing!

You're right, Hauksbee, and I will sipp it slowly - as long as I know I'll get another. :grin:

Edited by Olham

But I wouldn't mind a virtual Bowmore, only 15 years, please. Not 12. Or I'll have virtual headaches tomorrow morning.

Damn, this picture can make your mouth water... They even have much older ones.

But I wouldn't mind a virtual Bowmore, only 15 years, please. Not 12. Or I'll have virtual headaches tomorrow morning.

Right. But, now that I'm a Moderator, do I have to embrace moderation?

Just be the decent chap you always were, and don't let the burden of being a moderator press you down. :grin:

Just be the decent chap you always were, and don't let the burden of being a moderator press you down.

I don't know, Olham; once you've donned the awesome mantle of power and responsibility, it changes everything. And you can't go back to those carefree, simpler days. Ah well.

You don't have to order beheadings, do you? :butcher: (I always wanted to use this Smiley...)

You will see - after awhile grass will have grown over the moderator subline.

It is green already...

:grin:

You will see - after awhile grass will have grown over the moderator subline. It is green already...

And so it is! 'Happening right before my eyes. I feel better already. Danke!

Bitteschön! Und Prost! :drinks:

Hi new Moderators. I hereby renew my undertaking to behave myself at all times and not to require your services. :salute:

You should now have all things you lucky devils! I've often heard you get all things in moderation. There must be shelves stacked full of 'things' everywhere, for miles in every direction... Wow....

You should now have all things you lucky devils! I've often heard you get all things in moderation. There must be shelves stacked full of 'things' everywhere, for miles in every direction... Wow....

Bi'Gawd! This is job is exceeding my wildest expectations. Could you give some more specific directions as to where, exactly, these 'things' are in keeping?

Headquarter, Paymasters office and stores?

That's where all the good stuff usually goes.

Maybe you are far too remote on your advanced machine gun position... :please: