but ... it gives me something to do inbetween terrain work (albit going crosseyes with rivets..)

And your work is greatly appreciated. I'm making some nice tweaks to the prowler templates you did.

More screenies and more skins! I'll only post the new skin's screenies.

206119_10151840016420203_1563438481_n.jpg

481243_10151840016525203_1063009321_n.jpg

181494_10151840016625203_54380030_n.jpg

No Kiev CAG in the background on takeoff? :blink:

That wolfpack skin would do great on Operation Frequent Wind

Anyone else has trouble with this skinpack? I install the skinpack and the installer says that skinpack is installed still there is no new skins when I start the game, and choose one of Tk cats.

Anyone else has trouble with this skinpack? I install the skinpack and the installer says that skinpack is installed still there is no new skins when I start the game, and choose one of Tk cats.

I had that too at the first try. This fixed it:

Delete the F-14A and F-14A_77 folders from your user content folder / mod folder and restart the game.

I had that too at the first try. This fixed it:

Delete the F-14A and F-14A_77 folders from your user content folder / mod folder and restart the game.

The only thing that happened was I lost both F-14A & F-14A_77 from the game. They didn't came back by restarting the game.

DarthRevan, do you have the game installed to a drive other than C? If so, take a look in the game folder in C:Users/blah,blah,blah/Saved Games. If the F-14A and F-14A_77 are in there, your paths to the other drive are screwed up; it could also bear on your problem with the AIM-54A. If, OTH your mod folder is on C:, then :dntknw: .

Whoops, my bad. I meant do you have your mod folder on a drive other than C:? (A different drive than the game is installed on?)

Also, take a look at this: http://combatace.com/topic/72628-sf2na-problems/

Edited by SupGen

The only thing that happened was I lost both F-14A & F-14A_77 from the game. They didn't came back by restarting the game.

That is weird, I just tried it again a few times with my install, and these folders are automatically regenerated and updated.

I attached the folders for your convenience, but really, they should be created by the game.

Aircraft.zip

That is weird, I just tried it again a few times with my install, and these folders are automatically regenerated and updated.

I attached the folders for your convenience, but really, they should be created by the game.

Thanks mate. Maybe something is wrong with my game then because they do not regenerate on my install

Thank you your files helped now I have the new skins

Thank you your files helped now I have the new skins

Glad I could help.

Something entirely different, well not entirely,

I just had to see how this F-14A looks in Low Visibility Tactical paint,

The skin pack made the color conversion a lot easier.

Here are the PSD files of the skin, maybe someone feels like reviewing the details and adding decals?

(first time I use this file host, don't know if it works well)

F-14A_77_LoVis.rar:thumb_rar.png

post-32175-0-85727200-1341268008.jpg

post-32175-0-61520300-1341268015.jpg

Looking very nice gerwin...

that file host takes forever to d/l!! (i'm still waiting from them to come down as i type this at a whoping 20k p/sec).

I LIKE the look!

Can't wait to inspect the PSDs

i'd have just uppped them here, in the SF2/Tool & Utilities section, with the caveat that 'they may need some additional eye candy' or something like that!

i'd have just uppped them here, in the SF2/Tool & Utilities section, with the caveat that 'they may need some additional eye candy' or something like that!

Sorry about that. was fast enough during upload. I felt it was too unfinished to upload here.

Here is an alternate address, I will keep it there for the weeks to come:

F-14A_77_LoVis.rar

The skins have the detail of the Third Wire Skins, but with adjusted colors. The selection masks I used are in the PSD's too (alpha channels).

Edited by gerwin
  • Like 1

so, no need to proceed on these, then?? (although, I need the stencling....) The thing has 7 maps, not including the drop tank (ok, call it 8)

I'd still think there's a need for them, in case other modders need them, just in case...

oh, i'm still working on em ... slowly. In between all the KAW stuff that still needs doing (decals, skins, etc)

I like the look of those skins as well. I'll give the templates a look once the lights come back on. Stupid storms...

Sorry about that. was fast enough during upload. I felt it was too unfinished to upload here.

Here is an alternate address, I will keep it there for the weeks to come:

F-14A_77_LoVis.rar

The skins have the detail of the Third Wire Skins, but with adjusted colors. The selection masks I used are in the PSD's too (alpha channels).

Thanks gerwin, great work.

JASDFF-14JTOMCAT02.jpg

Spinners-Style Modification, nice one!

To end my topic hijack, here is the new place for the F-14_77 LoVis, together with some other skinning projects in the same style.

SF2 Patches and Tools \ USN-LoVis-Paintshop

(I will remove the file from the previous location. )

Edited by gerwin