Sign in to follow this  
Kulbit80

I don't like it at all !

We all know about AI weakness after few last patches, but this is the daddy of them all.

Yesterday i flew a close air support mission in T-6A with support of 3 stock Mustangs (i know it's strange choice) and what happened?

After take off i turned right at low altitude and my wingman (P-51) crashed awhile after his take off.

Over the target there apeared 4 Mig-23's. I was still at low alt and Migs one by one crashed to the ground.

Returned to home airfield and safely landed but i forgot to call return to base wingman 3 & 4 and what have they done? Of course crashed to the ground.

It really happened in one mission. Is it faux pas? It's not even arcade. It's beneath criticism.

I have noticed it too. It has ruined the combat experience. It's very frustrating.

I have reported it in the official forum. Cross your fingers...

I won't... to low budget :lol:

What patch level, and play settings (easy? hard?)

Report with as much information as you can and with more testing if possible.

Without these, it will only cause more people to whine about it, TK picks it up and there goes our AI code.....

Because right now I'm at April2012 and do not see this behavior, also didn't when testing Jun2012 SFNA testing.

A side effect of adapting AI for low level approach over the sea?

• Like 1

Running latest patch, never seen this behavior in over a year.

If i remember right is there a file, where you can edit the AI dogfight performance. I will try to find it again.

aircraftobject.ini, also since few years can be set by plane in their respective master inis

aircraftobject.ini was the correct file in First Eagles and WOX games. In SF2 it is the file:

AIRCRAFTAIDATA.INI

What patch level, and play settings (easy? hard?)

Report with as much information as you can and with more testing if possible.

Without these, it will only cause more people to whine about it, TK picks it up and there goes our AI code.....

Of course clean installation, latest patch (jun2012) and hard settings. I'm not interested in one wingman flying at low level with me (others can't in my experience) instead whole behavior is broken (AI dogfights, take offs & landings is enough IMO).

I remember great dogfights some time ago, enemies abort combat and did circle when was too low for them, wingmans were stacked up when you landed etc...

It seems this cretin notlimitsoya likes this new "feature", so I think it will be never fixed.....

• Like 1

Does it happen on all stock maps on only on the maps with the naval map tag?

It seems this cretin notlimitsoya likes this new "feature", so I think it will be never fixed.....

I actually also really like the new wingmen that stick with me NOE. I'd rather see TK fix things than just revert back to how it was before. But, if its one or the other, I guess we need AI that doesn't fly into the ground.

a CFIT kill, is still a kill!!

• Like 1

If only "wingmen safe altitude" could be set in the mission planning map screen.

Does it happen on all stock maps on only on the maps with the naval map tag?

Stock Desert terrain.

I'd suggest trying it on the America NorthWest map (aka: ANW). It's full of mountains and deep canyons. See how the AI responds in that environment. Just for grins, of course

dont remember what level im on anymore,

but on carrier missions if the AI launches before me, they bank left and splash, if i launch first and pull up, they follow me.

New feature request - random patch.

I'd suggest trying it on the America NorthWest map (aka: ANW). It's full of mountains and deep canyons. See how the AI responds in that environment. Just for grins, of course

I'll try. (thought about it) :lol: For grins and for record! :grin:

Of course, nolimistoya likes the AI, so no word from TK. I think you are right: this man is Obama.....And I have call Him cretin. Oh no!

One of these days I'll be abducted by the CIA and taken to Guantanamo!

I think you are right: this man is Obama.....And I have call Him cretin. Oh no!

there's even new Wikileaks photo of Mr. Obama watching with his "gameplay advisors" alpha-build of new Thirdwire title for mobile market :

post-8911-0-99524400-1342604503.jpg

Draw your own conclusions...:blink:

Sorry, couldn't resist

I like the "Oh, bummer!" look.