FLOGGER23

Neil Armstrong Dies

RIP Neil - rode the edge of human limits - one of the greatest Humans ever - peace be with you sir.

RIP to a true hero. Was it really 43 years ago that I was an excited kid watching grainy black and white images of this amazing feat of human accomplishment?

:salute:

SidDogg

Best thing I've read about this all day:

In the year 2525, if man is still alive (in the words of the No. 1 song on July 20, 1969), nobody will remember who Barack Obama was. Nobody will remember who Osama Bin Laden was. Nobody will remember who Ronald Reagan was. Nobody will remember who John F. Kennedy was. Nobody will remember who Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson or Frank Sinatra was.

But, in the year 2525, if man is still alive, they'll remember who Neil Armstrong was.

Attributed to JStarStar, of The Rocketry Forum.

FC

they'll remember who Neil Armstrong was.

The first singer songwriter on the Moon...

Godspeed, Mr. Armstrong.

Quick edit: When I read of his passing away, I fired up Kerbal Space Program and tried to land an "unkerbaled" lander on Mun. Both attempts failed, the first descent module was lost when it crashed into the moon and on the second I ran out of fuel and couldn't deccelerate once near Mun, ending up on a heliocentric orbit with no chance of return thanks to the gravitational pull i received instead. That in mind I feel that Armstrong and his fellow astronauts can't be honoured enough.

Edited by wilco

I remember listening to this guy on my dad's shortwave radio when I was a boy, camping out on a hunting trip. My dad had the radio on so loud at 2AM, inside our family tent, and I didn't know any of the names of the people talking on it, until years later. But I hung on every word they said, and it changed everything, from then on.

R.I.P.