Sign in to follow this  
Piecemeal

Anybody Noticed This?

I dunno if it's just me, but has anybody noticed anything strange with the stock SF2 Desert campaigns since the recent patches? Like having no other friendly units in the air during missions. Plenty of Parani air activity though.

Strange.... very strange.

nope but I noticed my postprocess shader tweaks (like sepia, old film effect, vignetting etc) are no longer working... BIG bummer and downer

dive and level bumming AI seems "off", just noticed whilst working on the WW2 stuff

Edited by Wrench

it doesn't look bright patch after patch does it?

• Like 1

i´m still on nov2011 patch and i will stay with it , TK can take all his DLC and patches and and do what ever he likes with it but he lost me as a customer

patch after patch nothing but screw up , things that no longer function and a comunity that must feel like not only used but abused

many of you asked why it is so quiet around here , that is the answer , and if TK is not getting the message i think it is getting very quiet on his bank acount to

just my opinion

• Like 2

Oh, and don't say anything bad in the official forum about the AI being screwed out......someone will answer that is "a step in the right direction".....

the day TK introduces automatic gear, flaps and hook operations is the day I

1) quit SF goodbye

or

2)re-install to Dec2010b patch level... the last time we had clouds at proper altitudes, fine AI, balanced gameplay and all (minus NA and action view)

Man, can't please anybody around here...

Nobody talks about the AI gunners seem to have gotten more lethal. I've noticed both AAA and A2A gun kills by AI vs player and AI vs AI have significantly increased.

Or the fact that the AI finally can do real low level...following the player down to 200 feet or lower sometimes....

FC

• Like 1

it's allways a trade: of features one likes to features others do... NOE flights fix was needed indeed though, as for AAA -I can't recollect when was last time I saw flak shooting down bomber (that's WW2 slow low ones)

Yes, the AI can do real low level......So low that they are crashing to the ground all the time. Very funny dogfighting over Thud Ridge....

Nobody talks about the AI gunners seem to have gotten more lethal. I've noticed both AAA and A2A gun kills by AI vs player and AI vs AI have significantly increased.

Is it due to improved AI tactics or to unnatural AI ability to calculate the impact point?

the only problem i have with the AI is that he drops everything he has on a groundtarget on his first pass , including AGM´s and iron boms , but i´m still on nov2011 patch as i mention above and i dont know if this is fix by now

that the AI is flying in to the ground this problem i dont have , they pull as soon as it gets to low for them

Edited by ravenclaw_007