I'm running a fully merged SF2:I install and have a nation specific Israeli E-2C so how come it never shows up on single missions? Do I need to enable the naval map on the IsraelME terrain?

Also how do I get other aircraft to operate as an AWACS? Do I just need to give them the same roles as the Hawkeye? I'm thinking of an Iranian F-14 operating in an AEW role in Operation Darius or IranIraq, or maybe enabling Veltro2k's Soviet AWACS birds and his Japanese 767 too.

You need to add "NavalMap=TRUE" in the terrain.ini, and you need to edit the aircraft's data.ini to match the new parameters. Add the following parameters under the indicated sections:

[MissionData]

AircraftRole=TRANSPORT

PrimaryRoles=EARLY_WARNING

SecondaryRoles=NAVAL_SEARCH

[DetectSystem]

RadarType=AEW_SEARCH

RadarFamilyName=AEW<-----can be substituted for E-2, E-3, A-50, etc.

Don't expect to "see" an aircraft so equipped on your RWR, as ThirdWire has apparently not enabled that in the various avionics dll files (yet).

Edited by Fubar512

Another thing is that an AWACs aircraft needs to be tied to a Naval Group to show up proper, at least as far as I have discovered.

Interesting, because I have an SF2NA mission in which an E-3 Sentry shows up as an AWACS.

Interesting Indeed. Did you just exchange the aircraft; or did you actually base it at Keflavik, or was it a single mission?

Single mission, and it was generated by the system, not placed by me.

Single Missions tend to grab any AWACs Capable Aircraft. Campaigns are a tad more difficult.

Hmmm, still not getting any Hawkeye in single missions even with navalmap=true and a new style water .bmp

I've even put USN as a friendly nation in the Nations.ini and aren't seeing any ships appearing when I select an Israeli plane to fly.

So, do I need to create some Israeli ships, and are any types of ships OK or do I need to create an Israeli aircraft carrier?

Yes,

Create some Israeli frigates and torpedo boats, and you'll then see them.

Jonathan! Jonathan! Sorry, couldn't resist.... I saw the original "Rollerball" (with James Caan is the lead role), for only the second time in like 37 years this past weekend : )

Anway, I just encountered an E-2, and E-3, and an A-50 in a system-generated single mission.

What I find annoying with the Navelmap system in single missions, is that when the KIEV carrier is enabled, A Strike mission will always target the KIEV, ignoring all other possible target areas in the map.

I also have problems with the AWACS. In single mission only appear carrier based AWACS (like E-2 Hawkeye and E-1 Tracer). But never show up land based AWACS like E-3 Sentry or A-50 Mainstay, even in Naval Maps with carrier groups.

What I find annoying with the Navelmap system in single missions, is that when the KIEV carrier is enabled, A Strike mission will always target the KIEV, ignoring all other possible target areas in the map.

Actually, you can fix that pretty easily. I did this via JSGME, which I use when I think I might want to reverse something, for obvious reasons, :biggrin: but it's only five ships (counting the P-4 Patrol Boat) and two other .inis so it's pretty easy to reverse anyway. First, extract the Data.inis for the Soviet ships and change the NationName to SovietNavy. Then modify a Nations.ini by creating SovietNavy as a new nation (just copy the existing Soviet entry and change the number and names). Make sure the number is in sequence. Lastly, and this is the key, modify the ICELANDNA_NATIONS.ini by adding SovietNavy as EnemyNation=002 and put that in the ICELANDNA terrain folder. Voila! Strike missions will now target land targets, I think exclusively. I haven't tested making SovietNavy EnemyNation=001 because again, using JSGME I'm just pulling the mod out, reverting the game to it's original state (ie., no SovietNavy, Soviet as EnemyNation=001). Not sure how it affects Campaigns etc., but it does work for single missions and, as I said, it's pretty easy to reverse. Have fun!

Actually, you can fix that pretty easily. I did this via JSGME, which I use when I think I might want to reverse something, for obvious reasons, :biggrin: but it's only five ships (counting the P-4 Patrol Boat) and two other .inis so it's pretty easy to reverse anyway. First, extract the Data.inis for the Soviet ships and change the NationName to SovietNavy. Then modify a Nations.ini by creating SovietNavy as a new nation (just copy the existing Soviet entry and change the number and names). Make sure the number is in sequence. Lastly, and this is the key, modify the ICELANDNA_NATIONS.ini by adding SovietNavy as EnemyNation=002 and put that in the ICELANDNA terrain folder. Voila! Strike missions will now target land targets, I think exclusively. I haven't tested making SovietNavy EnemyNation=001 because again, using JSGME I'm just pulling the mod out, reverting the game to it's original state (ie., no SovietNavy, Soviet as EnemyNation=001). Not sure how it affects Campaigns etc., but it does work for single missions and, as I said, it's pretty easy to reverse. Have fun!

So you are saying that Kiev/ soviet task force is no loner targeted at all? It would be good to have strikes against land targets and battle groups/shipping.

So you are saying that Kiev/ soviet task force is no loner targeted at all? It would be good to have strikes against land targets and battle groups/shipping.

Hey Icarus999, how's it goin'? Yessir, land strikes only. Unfortunately, only means only. If you change the terrain.ini to allow Anti_Ship missions, you get "Perform anti ship mission at (null)" because there are no Shipping Routes defined in the Movement.ini. Perhaps one of our terrain gurus could address this, terrains are definitely not my thing.

snd that would be the old, pre- NA style anti ship missions right? With no battle groups?

because the IcelandNA_Movement.ini ....

is blank. empty

no routes for ANYTHING on it

pretty frakking weird, huh?

Guys:

The SF2NA Expansion Pack includes a Movement.INI with defined shipping and truck routes, enabling Anti_Ship and Armed_Recon missions.

Eric Howes

But why only carrier based AWACS planes "works"? why land based AWACS don't show up in single missions?

But why only carrier based AWACS planes "works"? why land based AWACS don't show up in single missions?

It's just random chance... land based AWACS will show up eventually. I had similar issues with other third party aircraft in SF2NA ... the game will eventually load them.

Thanks for the answer Icarus999! Then I will set them from VERY_RARE to COMMON. Maybe the show more often.

Thanks for the answer Icarus999! Then I will set them from VERY_RARE to COMMON. Maybe the show more often.

That'll probably do it.

Guys:

The SF2NA Expansion Pack includes a Movement.INI with defined shipping and truck routes, enabling Anti_Ship and Armed_Recon missions.

Eric Howes

That's good to know! Eric, would it be OK to use that Movement.ini in the Land Targets in SF2NA mod I posted yesterday?

SupGen:

Yes, no problem. But keep in mind that in order to use the Movement.INI you need the TARGETS.INI from the Expansion Pack as well. And that means you'll the the TYPES.INI as well as a number of other files in the terrain folder as well as the GroundObject folder, as those items are used in the TARGETS.INI and TYPES.INI.

Eric Howes

OK, thanks Boss, I'm sure I'll figure it out through my usual method-trial and error (with the emphasis on the error, of course)!

....can i ask why they are not work ..like the awac's planes...in the Usaf Game.....?

You can see ...300 KHM...and when they shoot down... you see only your radar,,,,?

Thank's in advance

ace

....can i ask why they are not work ..like the awac's planes...in the Usaf Game.....?

You can see ...300 KHM...and when they shoot down... you see only your radar,,,,?

Thank's in advance

ace

If you're asking why they don't link to the player's radar and provide an expanded radar "picture", the answer is twofold:

A) It is mostly due to the avionics of the era that this series covers

B) That is something that you must ask TK at Thirdwire's site.

If you're asking why they do not show up on threat displays as emitters, then refer to answer "B" above. That's something that we'd all like to see implemented.