Lothar Maps

This mod offers several alternative in-game maps for Over Flanders Fields based on modern Google imaging:

Lothar Google Map – Google’s Terrain map illustrating basic topography with modern cities and roads, much of which hasn’t changed from a map-eye view over the past century. While there’s a hint of the underlying topography, this is generally best for flying by human landmarks.

Lothar Google Earth – Google Earth satellite imagery was a long way from even hypothetical during the Great War, so this mod applies diffusion and texture filters for a slight painted canvas map effect. Important locations are marked as on the stock OFF map, but overall this is best for just flying by terrain.

Lothar Google Mix – This simply overlays the two above maps with transparency. Things may not line up exactly, especially at the extremes of the map, but overall this provides a subtler view of the road and city detail of the Google Map with more of the geographical richness of the satellite view.

In any case, the result is vastly more detailed, accurate, and useful than the stock OFF map, despite the occasional anachronism. Try them all to see which you prefer on utilitarian and aesthetic merits. And have fun exploring with fresh eyes the amazing terrain Over Flanders Fields and beyond!

Requires:

Over Flanders Fields

http://overflandersfields.com

JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler 2.6.0:

http://combatace.com/files/file/13045-jonesoft-generic-mod-enabler-jsgme/

Installation and Usage:

The installer automatically extracts the mod folders into your OFF JSGME mods folder if OFF and JSGME are installed correctly. JSGME will be run when installation is complete, just activate the ‘Lothar Google Map’ or ‘Lothar Google Earth’ or ‘Lothar Google Mix’ folder to enable the mod. It only makes sense to activate one of the map mods at a time, but you can easily switch between them with JSGME.

Notes: The front no longer displays in the Briefing Room, but does so (and more accurately) on the in-flight map.

Credits:

http://combatace.com/user/48442-lothar-of-the-hill-people/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By 76.IAP-Blackbird
      Dear Pilots!

In today’s DD we have three new things to show you. First, we have some screenshots of our Normandy Map which is coming together nicely. It’s looking very scenic! Second, we have developed the technology to launch a V-1 “Buzz Bomb” from fixed installations. They will make great targets for mission designers. And finally, we have been working on the technology necessary to portray amphibious landings which is necessary for Normandy.

Normandy Landscape

Below are screens from the new map. As you can see there are some rather large cities and towns as well as a variety of different airfield types. The landscape is also very beautiful. Together it will make a very interesting and fun map to fly over.

V-1 Installations

The dreaded V-1 is operational in our project for the first time. V-1 sites were prized targets by Allied pilots and needed to be silenced. The V-1s raining down on the UK in the summer of 1944 were a real problem and caused so much destruction and casualties. Attacking these sites will make for some excellent missions.

Amphibious Landings

And finally, we can’t have an invasion without landing craft bringing troops and vehicles to the beaches. In the images below we see some testing on one of our non-Normandy maps. We have found a clever way to make infantry objects that appear pretty convincing. These soldiers can advance and shoot at the enemy and of course they can perish. Just don’t ask these little pixel soldiers to make you a sandwich or tea, they aren’t that smart.

Enjoy!

The Sturmovik Team
    • By Righteous26
      Does the game limit you to the four basic icons for friendly and enemy aircraft and ground units or can a specific unit (e.g. 1st Tank Brigade) have its own icon assigned? I made some icons for Dhimar and Paran with the basic names and included them below. Should you wish to use them just copy them to your mod folder /Menu folder and overwrite if asked.
      ENEMYAIRCRAFTICON.bmp
      ENEMYGROUNDFORCEICON.BMP
      FRIENDLYAIRCRAFTICON.bmp
      FRIENDLYGROUNDFORCEICON.BMP
    • By m275500
      Firstly, thanks for your help throughout the last days, I asked way too much questions. So, I am sorry for that lol, just trying to learn. Now, I wonder if there a toturial for making maps as i Didn't find anything in the knowledge base or maybe I missed something, but I looked there many times. I was planning to learn making some tanks or ships/carrier and jets, but I found everything covered even fantasy planes are here. Thanks for that too lol. I found many maps here, but they haven't covered everything yet and from that I understand that they must be taking a huge load of time and they seems to be the hardest. However, if anyone has any link/file for any tutorial for maps making. I would appreciate it. I used to make some maps and mod other games, but I am not really familiar with this game files except ini files as they are pretty simple, but I try to learn lol.
    • By Avrillav
      Hello. I have just reinstalled the SF2 and put all addons I have already used. It is all working. However, after I downloaded new terrains (Iraq03 and Libya), my SF2 cannot recognize these maps in Mission Map sections. However, other maps I have used before work. What is the solution, please?
    • By Gepard

View File Open Atlantic terrain HFD
      Open AtlanticTerrain HFD v.1.1

This terrain is written for SF2NA

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I. Short description:

The terrain covers the open Atlantic Ocean south of Iceland. It is a mod of the Open Ocean Carrier Battle

Map terrain.
      It is made for slower computers, thatswhy it use no LOD based terrain, but the old HFD.

Changes to previous version:
      - starting positions of the carriers are variable now
      - 2 more recon points
      - changed the sides on the map. Soviets starts west, NATO starts east (to simulate a carrier duell NW of Scottland)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

II. INSTALLATION:

Unzip all files into your Wings StrikeFighters2 /terrain folder.

Thats it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

III. Credits. I want to say thank you to JonathanRL who made the original Open Ocean Carrier Battle

Map

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

IV. This Terrain is Freeware. Commercial use is not allowed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

V.

For remarks, comments, bugs, etc please use CombatAce forum or send me a PM.

Hope you enjoy it.

Michael (Gepard)

Made in Germany
      02 June 2014
      Submitter Gepard Submitted 03/23/2014 Category Full Terrains  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..