yup, it is. just use a decal for that, leave the others painted on. it happnes a lot on curved surfaces (sometimes, even with declas, too! --exmaple, F4F wildcat)

Or if you want to keep it painted for commonality, just contract it slightly vertically. Nobody will notice.

Otherwise, the bird is looking good!

• Like 1

Thanks Martin, i will send you the skins as i have them later too, got to retouch them a bit.

They look realy good, we have to make a list of skins and units we will create, this seems to be a job till summer :D if I count the other versions too

Once a template is complete for the early versions painting the others it'll be easy, whenever you have time, go to FB chat, i need to discuss something, please.

So as time passes by, Enoc has created some beautyfull skins for this bird and I have managed to learn enough about max, to finish this job.

We will post updates here, 3D progress, details and skins.

Thanks to this comunity, we recieved a ton of good reference material. Thanks to all.

@ Stary, if you like, you can use this topic for the fitters cockpit pics too.

I would like to discuss something with you, regarding textures and paintrd shadows.

Guys we need to get this job done for this Summer!

Once a template is complete for the early versions painting the others it'll be easy, whenever you have time, go to FB chat, i need to discuss something, please.

Enoc, will you add some weathering still?

Yep, i will, just need to figure it how it will be :)

Tip: use blending options->outer glow on the panel lines to add easy weathering.. blend mode normal, just a very faint opacity and some dirty color. Beats weathering the whole bird by hand

• Like 1

We have a good and strong modeler on our side, so here is what I want to share with you guys:

msg-19311-0-40834200-1371650503.jpg

msg-19311-0-73930500-1371410672.jpg

msg-19311-0-50115500-1371410678.jpg

msg-19311-0-64702200-1371410676.jpg

Centurion-1 did the great gear job

• Like 11

Can´t wait to test this one! :good:

Martin, can you add the APU-68 rail for S-24 and Kh-23 missiles to the front pair of pylons under the fuselage and to the outermost pylons under the wing?

APU-68

• Like 1

Svetlin I thin me and martin are going to add those yes! Also the basic RK-54 pylon is going to get some high poly love too! The plane is still very much WIP!

Here is an ingame picture of both the front and rear gear done:

gallery_19311_669_183224.jpg

• Like 5

And makes me wonder: why DCS, having all these toys??? great Centurion, is looking good :D

DCS watts DCS never herd of it???????? :haha:  :haha: :haha:  :haha:  

+1

The whole Su-17 series will get a standart level of detail up to the M4, we only need some time thats all :D

Im more than happy with the gear detail, build by Centurion-1

• Like 2

Nice work, boys. These beauties will be almost a shame to shoot down.

Thank you, guys! Have you come accross the information that the Su-17/20/22 family had 2 configurations for pylons under the fuselage?

First - the 4 pylon configuration, 2 pairs as in the screenshots above, used to load free-fall bombs of different size.

Second a 2 pylon configurantion - for rocket pods, missiles, fuel tanks, bombs of MER.

Those 2 pylons were not fitted in the same spots as the front pylons in the 4-pylon configuration, but slightly further back, in a some-what middle position.

As I see (an greatly appreciate) you are aiming at a higly detailed model, I thought I should mention that.

Svetlin, is there a way you can get the plane, stencils, like the ones you sent me for the Su-27? they could be really handy for the skins i'm making.

Thank you for this work, the Su-17/20 family has a lot of "potential"

Svetlin, is there a way you can get the plane, stencils, like the ones you sent me for the Su-27? they could be really handy for the skins i'm making.

Well, I hope I find again the site - stupid me, I forgot to bookmark it  :fool:

On the other hand, I think Soulfreak or was that Sundowner posted a link to it here at CA, I hope I find it (will do my best)...

We will create the right loadouts and pylons for the release versions. First we need to finish the plane itself, after this we can look out for the right loadouts and pylons 

Good to know this plane has some fans here.

Well, I hope I find again the site - stupid me, I forgot to bookmark it  :fool:

On the other hand, I think Soulfreak or was that Sundowner posted a link to it here at CA, I hope I find it (will do my best)...

Found the site I was looking for, unfortunately no Su-17/20/22 profile there, so no good for stencling - http://www.tailormadedecals.com/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=34