Polovski

WINGS Over Flanders Fields - Preview #4 movie

Do you suppose, in the mean time, an interactive video would satisfy our lust for WOFF!! :biggrin:

Most Excellent Flight Sim, Most Excellent sounds and Most Excellent Music!!

The graphics are making me drool all over my keyboard, the music score is simply awesome & I love the sounds of the machine guns as well as the blipping engine when the Eindecker crashes into the BE2 towards the end - my favourite part - BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Boy... you guys are GOOOOD. You know EXACTLY how to promote something. The music is AWESOME... the effects INCREDIBLE... all of it reeks of professionalism. WELL DONE!

OldSimmer

blindowl, this is rather the thread for WOFF previews - there is also a screenshot thread among the stickies.

(Not necessarily for screens from other sims though).

"Wings over Flanders Fields" (WOFF) is a work in progress yet; that's what the screenshots in this thread

are about.

This thread is not for posting screenshots from other sims, like IL2.

Carry on!

good fun...........motivation to buy a new rig to fit the sim....want to see...and hear all possible!! thanks for the taste

Never volunteer as the gunner in a two seater piloted by Polovski! :biggrin:

Precisely what I was going to say!

As I may have remarked before, Pol's clearly from the Nelsonian school of air-fighting... 'Never mind the manoeuvres, just go STRAIGHT AT 'EM'

I must admit that I too like to go STRAIGHT AT 'EM and get very close when I shoot...after all - if 100% of your gun site view is filled with enemy airplane, then 100% of your bullets are going to hit! But turn!!! For God's sake man, turn, bank, climb, dive...something! Otherwise it's the last enemy plane you are likely to take down. On the plus side though, you are farily sure to get him. I guess it's all in what you want most. I mean if you don't care about getting home to brag about it and you really want to avoid the mid-afternoon sortie, Pols strategy does have it's advantages. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Ah come on guys!! It's obvious Pol was just trying to impress us with the graphics improvements to air collisions in WOFF. Right Pol?? :biggrin:

...get very close when I shoot...after all - if 100% of your gun site view is filled with enemy airplane,

then 100% of your bullets are going to hit!

Works great in OFF. In 'another sim' though, the wings are coming off almost every time I do that.

That can really ruin your day. I practically need a new prop and engine almost every sortie.

Can't be right.

I hope you devs keep it that way, that it is rather rare, that whole wings come off.

Edited by Olham

Brilliant!...I noticed a wrecked aircraft nose done in the field..looked much better than the OFF one!...is that a new feature too?.... And in the Manager...didn't matter what I clicked...I could never overcome the 'quit immediatly' after crash!

post-84140-0-28382800-1364258748_thumb.jpgpost-84140-0-98532200-1364258801_thumb.jpg

Just a couple of screen shots from IL2......

How does one aquire a copy of WOFF?

Is this available then?...Is it Canvas Knights?

To be fair WM, Between Heaven and Hell was out several years back.. OFF's campaign is still better than most out there -as we all know for a good WW1 experience more than aircraft are need. WOFF will be several levels up :).

Pity the thread was hijacked..

• Like 1

WOFF will be several levels up :).

"Gasp...!" (collapse)

Edited by Olham

To be fair WM, Between Heaven and Hell was out several years back.. OFF's campaign is still better than most out there -as we all know for a good WW1 experience more than aircraft are need. WOFF will be several levels up :).

Pity the thread was hijacked..

I wasn't complaining you know?....I only asked about the Crashed Aircraft..and a couple of other bits.

No worries just wanted to point it out as it's a thread about WOFF ultimately.

Hi Mr. Polovski, I'm one of the "silent" :-) who tries to be patient, waiting for the new release. As I need a new PC, I would like to know if the new release will fly ok in Windows XP, or if it's better to install Windows7. As I fly much FlightsimulatorX Acceleration, which has ofen problems with Windows7, I would prefer XP. So please give me your advise in this matter.

Kind regards,

hertzie.

I'm no dev; just reporting. I use Windows 7 (32) and never had any problems with OFF or other sims.

I guess it is just the right setup or not - I am lucky: I have a good friend who knows how to do that.

Edited by Olham

For what it's worth, hertzie, FSX/Accel would actually run better in Win7/64bit because of the better memory management so I would recommend you to upgrade or install Win7/64 on your new PC. I wish to do so too just haven't had the chance to do it. Obviously OFF would also not have any issues with Win7 but the devs are best to answer that.

I Run OFF on Windows 7 x64 and never had any issues with it. I would be very surprised if they (the Devs) thought XP would be the way to go at this point. I seem to recall - and I could be wrong here - that at least some of the Devs are developing WOFF on a Windows 7 platform. As Dimus says though, the Devs are best to answer the question.