I continue with my "Cold war campaigns", this one at Africa with French Forces . As I mention, this is a phase I, meaning that more Phases will arrive in the future ;)

Le chef de cabinet de L'Armée de l'air

Republique Française

It is 1973, the world is under the petrol crisis  which causes the crash of  most of  the economies around  the world.  Nevertheless, on january  1973, some 
engineers from the French company Elf discovered in the border  between Ethiopy and Djibouti  the biggest Petroleum  reservoir   since 1933. The scientifics
around the world consider that inside this new reservoir there is enough petroleum for the whole world during the next 50 years. Petrol  crisis seemed to be
solved , however, the soviet union , whose economy was badly damage by the crisis, decided to attack and invade both  Ethiopy and Djibouti  from it bases in 
Sudan  and  Yemen in  order to have  the  complete  control over  the reservoir so that they will be able to solve    their economic   problems   and retain  
the  condition  of  superpower. As the  US was still  involved  at   Vietnam war,  French  forces based at   Djibouti are the only   possible military force  
in the region able to stop soviet invasion.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DGSE

Secret Défense

Air Units:

Our air forces deployed at Djibouti are formed by  some F-100 Sabres and Mystères which are not enough nor  in quality neither in quantity , so   the Armée de 
l'air has started it's biggest logistic operation since de WWII in order to send modern and capable fighter aircraft to the operations theatre .Our air forces
will be composed by Mirage-5F , Mirage IIE and   Mirage IIIC , furthermore, in case of inminent  defeat, some Mirage IVA will be ready  to attack with nuclear
weapons from Saudi Arabia. 

Naval Units:

Our Aircraft Carrier Foch  with an entire combat fleet is blocked at the Suez Channel by soviet ships so it's arrival on time to the operation is still unkonwn.
However the SNLE Le redoutable is heading from to horn's of Africa coasts if strategic nuclear warfare were needed.

Ground Units:

Menbers from the French Foreign legion are ready, as well as some brigades of the Ethiopyan army.

Le général d'armée aérienne Claude Grigaut

Pics:

5igz.jpg
t46z.jpg
acsi.jpg
kmv8.jpg
kljk.jpg
zm43.jpg
vbgm.jpg
y04k.jpg
24pr.jpg
90j1.jpg
xvkr.jpg
3zxm.jpg
2s8l.jpg
9kd1.jpg

A really nice campaign, what do you think?
  • Like 3

FINALLY!!!

somebody found a use for the Eritrea map!!

FINALLY!!!

somebody found a use for the Eritrea map!!

An excellent map by the way.

Yeah!! Always wanted to fly such campaign!! Please add Mirage IIIR too!!

BTW those Mirage III shouldn't use a desert cammo? Or the desert cammos was used later?

Mirage3C_1983_10-LL_jy_zps4fea8906.jpg

Something different. Creative. I like it very much. 

Yeah!! Always wanted to fly such campaign!! Please add Mirage IIIR too!!

BTW those Mirage III shouldn't use a desert cammo? Or the desert cammos was used later?

Mirage3C_1983_10-LL_jy_zps4fea8906.jpg

Yeah, the desert camo Mirage IIIC's were used at the late 80's  , they are not included at this campaign but they are going to be included in new campaigns located at more recent years.

And regarding the Mirage IIIR I must rework a little bit the Skins but for sure that they will be added.

Edited by cangas

and can you please add the possibility to fly for the red´s, please? :-)

Thanks for the info, looking forward to "ol" and "modern" versions!

A new friend joins the party...........

ypmv.jpg

3q0j.jpg

k5to.jpg

6fqe.jpg

n9ft.jpg

7e8q.jpg

69xi.jpg

93xw.jpg

I call this plane "Frankenstein"  because I made it from lots of components from different MODS and origins as well as some things made by me from scrath. Hope you like it.

• Like 3

Hello

Good, but there is a small immersion killer : the rwr for the IIIR

It should be a BF in the position of the Clock.

I think you can find the BF under the Mirage IIIE TMF :

M3RD_cockpit.jpg

Edited by jeanba

Hello

Good, but there is a small immersion killer : the rwr for the IIIR

It should be a BF in the position of the Clock.

I think you can find the BF under the Mirage IIIE TMF :

M3RD_cockpit.jpg

The Mirage IIIE Cockpit is this one:

wa46.jpg

I prefer the Nesher cockpit (The one I used) rather than the Mirage Factory One. By the way JeanBa, that cockpit you have shown me is for SF2 or Flight Simulator?

I agree that the cockpit itself is outdated, but if the BF rwr could be moved to the Nesher cockpit, it would be a big improvement.

I

The cockpit I have shown you is for FS

Edited by jeanba

I agree that the cockpit itself is outdated, but if the BF rwr could be moved to the Nesher cockpit, it would be a big improvement.

I

The cockpit I have shown you is for FS

In order to do this I should create or modify a 3D model..................... So it is not easy.

Awesome idea! I've had a similar campaign using the SF2 Desert on my hard drive for a while. This one looks even better though.

Awesome idea! I've had a similar campaign using the SF2 Desert on my hard drive for a while. This one looks even better though.

See my PM

The last hun pic looks also great, is the skin already available?

The last hun pic looks also great, is the skin already available?

It is not a Hun is  Super Mystère with his stock skin. The plane is avaiable here at combatace.

It is not a Hun is  Super Mystère with his stock skin. The plane is avaiable here at combatace.

The last hun pic <--- means the last pic of a hun! ;-)

Not a Mystere...

The last hun pic <--- means the last pic of a hun! ;-)

Not a Mystere...

Ah!! Ok!!!! I've mixed words.... ;)